The Universe is more...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Universe is more...

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

Post The Universe is more...

I always wonder about the universe. What other galaxies are there? How many stars are there? What's inside a black hole? How can we explore more?

You got mail :3

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Universe is more...

I'm pretty much convenced that a Black hole makes things die/dissapear, likely by tearing every chemical to it's original compound. Uum my theory, thank you very much. Not that great for what will "solve the universes mysteries". Now worm holes are the real shizzle. Putting a wrinkle in distance/speed inducing the travel of light, making time travel to the future a big possibility.

Has the upper hand n00b Black★Gold Saw's Avatar

I'm pretty sure a black hole rips you apart cell by cell.
    http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/4758-488864680.jpgEh?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Of course the universe is large and there are many other planets existing - there might even be a pokemon planet somewhere out there

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Of course the universe is large and there are many other planets existing - there might even be a pokemon planet somewhere out there
    That would be so awesome XD

No, a black hole pulls you in with it's immense gravity, slowing down time, and changing your appearance. You begin to "spaghettify", as they call it. You also begin to change colors, since the gravity is so immense. The closer you get, the more reddish you look.

Chance of success: 97.73% Shiny Metagross's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I've heard estimates in the trillions of planets out there in the Universe, which I think is really exciting.
    I think in the next few decades, though, exploring space will tun from a matter of curiosity to necessity. Look at the numbers, the world population reached 1 billion around 1800, 2 billion around 1920, 3 billion in 1960, 4 billion in 1974. As we all know, it was 6 billion in 2000 and reached 7 billion last year. At this rate, it'll reach 8 billion by 2022, which begs the question of how many of us Earth can support before we need to look seriously at undeniably practical uses for Space, namely land and resources. Barring any huge Space-related event like the Moon Landing which serves as a matter of national pride, that's when I think we'll see huge public interest in Space again.

Banner by Blue Dragon | White FC: 3096 6256 6818 | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I wonder whether we'll ever know the entire universe by the time everything ends for one reason or another. We're making progress, but it's not that a long time since we've done some universe stuff. Sometimes, knowing a lot of things can be a good benefit to everyone, even though it might sound a bit far-fetched to some that the knowledge of the universe in general could be used for mundane stuff.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

I'm pretty sure we'll never know everything about the universe, or at least, the things people want to know, like how many stars, galaxies or planets are in the universe. Some stars die, some new ones come, I also think galaxies do the same thing as stars, some get destroyed and a new one is born etc. So, I want to say, people or scientists can just tell us their opinions, but no one is sure.

I personally believe in the multi-verse theory too, everything's possible.

As for the black holes, I read stuff about them, new explanations, which seem pretty logical. I'll try to explain it...

So we know that one atom has a proton and a neutron, and they are pretty small compared to the atom itself, it's like they only fill ~0.01% of an atom, which means that the other ~99.99% is space. And now, the black hole has "very high gravity" which destroys the atoms completely, except the proton and neutron, which means, each atom sucked by a black hole becomes ~0.01% of their original size.

Another interesting thing to note is, that the theory above means... humans, animals, objects and everything are ~99.99% space. :P

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

It's actually very likely that there could be other planets with intelligent life on them, seeing as the universe is unimaginably enormous. The thing is, we'd never be able to meet "aliens" if they existed, because other planets are so far away. Hell, we'll probably never even be able to reach the edge of our own solar system. And even if there are other sentient beings observing us at this moment, they'd be seeing light from the past, so they'd be watching the American Revolution or something like that.

I repeat, the universe is BIG. Its size is beyond our capability to imagine, and exploring it ourselves is just not possible for the foreseeable future.

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raizhu View Post
    It's actually very likely that there could be other planets with intelligent life on them, seeing as the universe is unimaginably enormous. The thing is, we'd never be able to meet "aliens" if they existed, because other planets are so far away. Hell, we'll probably never even be able to reach the edge of our own solar system. And even if there are other sentient beings observing us at this moment, they'd be seeing light from the past, so they'd be watching the American Revolution or something like that.

I repeat, the universe is BIG. Its size is beyond our capability to imagine, and exploring it ourselves is just not possible for the foreseeable future.
    I agree with this. The Universe it's so big, there just has to be some other living creatures somewhere, though that does not mean they're smart, maybe we're the most advanced creatures right now.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I believe in life on other planets but not aliens.

Blog Entries

I think what's inside of a black hole is the asshole who divided by zero.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

There may be billions of galaxies with billions of stars out there. I also wonder if wormholes are possible. And as far as black holes go, Google "spaghettification."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terra-chan View Post
    An alien is a form of life on another planet; human or not. If it's foreign then it's alien. I may be getting picky with the word's denotation, but they're the same thing.

If the universe is truly infinite then the odds of other life, be it human-like or other, is high. It's not really possible to consider anything outside of our limited imagination, though -- Infinity itself is unfathomable. I've always found the concept of the Theory of Relativity so interesting. Like how the closer to the spead of light you travel, the slower you can age. It's so interesting how astronauts technically time travel (even if by an extremely miniscule amount) upon breaking our atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terra-chan View Post
    An alien is a form of life on another planet; human or not. If it's foreign then it's alien. I may be getting picky with the word's denotation, but they're the same thing.

If the universe is truly infinite then the odds of other life, be it human-like or other, is high. It's not really possible to consider anything outside of our limited imagination, though -- Infinity itself is unfathomable. I've always found the concept of the Theory of Relativity so interesting. Like how the closer to the spead of light you travel, the slower you can age. It's so interesting how astronauts technically time travel (even if by an extremely miniscule amount) upon breaking our atmosphere.
    I think by saying "I believe in life on other planets but not aliens." she either means that there's life on other planets, but it has never come to Earth (which "alien" sometimes implies), or she means that there's no stereotypical "aliens" as in, human-like life forms. Personally, I don't believe that there is any other life out there.
    As for the "the faster you travel through space the slower you age"... I don't believe that at all. I know that they've done experiments by sending atomic clocks into space and whatnot, but that whole theory doesn't make any sense. And even if it is true, astronauts don't "time travel" any more than anyone else. We are all technically "time travelling" just by sitting here... the time now is in the future of what it was when we were born. Astronauts would be doing the exact same thing. Maybe their life spans are being extended by a few seconds or something... but that's not time travel in the sense of skipping ahead several years. And it would be impossible to travel into the past that way. It's really no more "time travel" than somehow cryogenically freezing yourself and waking up in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast