Some Advice Needed (dating, etc.)

Thread: Some Advice Needed (dating, etc.)

Livin in the Past MistyKindaGuy's Avatar

Question Some Advice Needed (dating, etc.)

I know this girl who is a few years younger than me, I think she might be into me. I think this because she always gets really excited to she see me. How can I tell if she's into me?

Also, would it be creepy to ask her out or something like that? If I did get a date what would you guys do? I don't think she likes Pokemon or anime, so I don't want to mention my interest.

Anyway, any or all comments would be appreciated!

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Some Advice Needed (dating, etc.)

a) How many years younger is "a few?"

b) Do you care about your friendship more than you want to date her?
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Livin in the Past MistyKindaGuy's Avatar

I'm not quite sure (a few years), we don't really know each super well to call it a "friendship" (though we have facebook friended). But like I said last time we met each other she seemed really excited to see me. And honestly, I'm not looking for like a sexual relationship just a closer friendship. Sorry if my answers don't sound that direct.

Blog Entries

I say go for it! If you aren't that close as friends right now, there is really nothing to lose. Go for it! the worst that could happen is that she says no, but at least you would know.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Here's what I say, because I always end up in the girl's position (WHYYYYY!)

If she likes you (and let's face it, it's hard to tell if a girl likes you. They hide it too well) then you have nothing to lose. If you were amazingly good friends, I'd say back down. But since you aren't the closest of friends, again, you have little to lose. But know this. Excitement can be interpreted as many things. There are two girls I'm friends with. One I like, the other is just a great friend. I'm always excited to see both of them. And from what I here the same thing happens a lot of other places.

So consider this, before asking her, do you value having a friendship with her? Is it worth potentially putting this friendship in jeopardy? Because, if you start dating and it FAILS, would you be able to go back to being just friends? A majority of couples can't. It gets awkward.

Instead of dating her, since you aren't close friends to begin with, just get to know her more, hang out, become one of those guys she's always thinking about as being cool and always there. In the long run, it's far better to be friends with a person first, because you already know them well. It's dating where it gets deeper. Don't take the plunge until you have passed the swim test, in a ways.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I'm with Ryuu. Get to know her better before asking her out Good luck though. I hope it works out if you do decide to ask her!

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, you ask her out and she says yes, you're in. She says no, you're back to where you were before.