My BIG problem

Thread: My BIG problem

Default My BIG problem

I wanted to make this thread to see if anyone else has a problem like this. For the past 2 years or so, I have developed a phobia of sorts of cigarrette smoke. Anyone who smokes I cannot even be around and I find that if they touch me, I will have this urge to buy new clothing and shower for about an hour.

Now, I grew up in a household where everyone smokes and it never used to bother me. But now that I have moved out and am now living with my fiance, it only consumes me. It controls my every move in every day life. I bought some clothing from a store, while walking outside, I walked right next to a person smoking,right in the smoke, and went back and returned everything. Crazy , I know. Now, I know the smell couldnt have possibly gotten to my clothing. It was just a brief second. But in my mind it was all over me.

This is a very big prolem for me and I hope someone can point out addvice on what to do. Its now affecting my relationship with my fiance and family. My mom smokes and I have avoided her for almost 2 years because of my issue. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this and have any advice to me?? Thanks for reading.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My BIG problem

I would consider getting professional help. I'm not sure what a bunch of people on a Pokemon Forum could do for you.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe it's because you're mom and everyone else smoked? IDK I'm pretty noobish in psychology so I'd see a real therapist.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

Yeah, go see a professional. Being uncomfortable around smokers is one thing, but yours is on a whole new level.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I would consider getting professional help. I'm not sure what a bunch of people on a Pokemon Forum could do for you.
    Colleague explained perfectly.

If you need further counciling here on BMGf (regardless of the amount that may or may not be provided), you might perhaps try this social group.
    My name is Steven.
    I'm interested in rare stones,
    so I travel here and there.

S. Stone