Which Mindset Are You?

View Poll Results: Which Mindset Are You?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fixed Minded

5 29.41%
  • Growth Minded

7 41.18%
  • Mixture of Both

5 29.41%

Thread: Which Mindset Are You?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Which Mindset Are You?

For those of you who haven't discussed it in your English class, a mindset is what determines your knowledge about learning, which is thought up by Carol Dweck (she even wrote a book about it). There are two mindsets: Fixed and Growth. A Fixed Mindset is when you believe that your brain has limits, so you refuse to let it grow and prefer things easier because they hate challenges, and a Growth Mindset is when you believe that your brain is open for more information and want more of a challenge, and if you work hard enough, you'll be become a successful individual. This information has inspired me to create this thread to learn more about each other.
    Last edited by Ghetsis-Dennis; 2nd April 2012 at 03:09 PM.

Your Darkest Nightmare Locked In My Asylum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Locked In My Asylum on Tumblr Visit Locked In My Asylum's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which Mindset Are You?

I think I'm fixed-minded because I dislike challenges. But I love learning more about things, so I could be wrong. :<
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan

I don't believe in Dweck's theory (or at least the way you're describing it).
    I believe that the brain has limits, but learning is always possible. Either because it never reaches its limit in its lifetime, or because older things are erased to make room for newer things (older things are erased regardless).
    If I had to put myself into one of those categories it'd be Growth Mindset. Having no challenges is incredibly boring.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

I have to say say fixed minded because I could read about something that interests me for hours, but something I don't care too much for, it's very difficult for me to understand.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think I have both. I often find my mind becomes fixed on certain things but also I can learn new things very easily.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Fixed Minded. I feel like I've reached my peak and can't learn any more stuff.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I guess I have a mixture of both. There are somethings where I can become completely interested in learning about it for hours. But there are topics, such as most math, I can't seem to find an interesting to learn about. Lately though I've had more of a growth mindset since I've not been in school for almost a year now. Looking at how intelligent some people are, I think I haven't learned enough to have long conversations or a well-thought of debates.

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

It's something that can be changed in a short time. I don't think I can agree with that "theory".

Though, I chose the second option, since right now I feel like that. :P

Blog Entries

Definitely Growth Minded. While I have experienced moments where I'm satisfied with what I know and the state of being that I have reached, I always strive to accomplish more. There is nothing more I love than looking back down at the wall I just climbed knowing I'm where I am now due to pure perseverence and mental aptitude. Although cliché, it is truly amazing what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I'd say I'm definitely more growth-minded because I'm always seeking to learn new things and I enjoy mental challenges. However, I think the whole dichotomy is silly, because I think most people have areas where they're curious and want to keep expanding their knowledges and others where they don't have much interest/feel like they've reached their limits. We are all open to change in some ways and set in our ways in others.

This is an interesting way of evaluating people, though. I would have to say I'm more drawn to other growth-minded individuals. I don't think I could date or be close friends with someone who does not enjoy learning and expanding their intellect.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I'm probably Growth Minded for the sole reason I'm always an overachiever and I want challenges..or simply challenge myself to everything.

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

I'm growth-minded, because I always want to push myself further, and I always enjoy learning new things.