Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things about Health

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Re: Little Things about Health

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Of course. I wouldn't walk around with a huge gap in my mouth o_O
    Well, I know some people who broke one of their teeth and never repeared it. The nerve wasn't visible, so it didn't hurt. I broke one of my front teeth too, back when I was still 6 or so, because of a grocery cart. I went to the dentist and he reppeared it. I broke it again in 7th grade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Well, I know some people who broke one of their teeth and never repeared it. The nerve wasn't visible, so it didn't hurt. I broke one of my front teeth too, back when I was still 6 or so, because of a grocery cart. I went to the dentist and he reppeared it. I broke it again in 7th grade.
    Ouch. That sounds painful and I don't know why. It feels a little loose sometimes so yeah, wouldn't be too surprised if it brakes.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Ouch. That sounds painful and I don't know why. It feels a little loose sometimes so yeah, wouldn't be too surprised if it brakes.
    It was, both breaking it and having it repeared, especially since the dentist didn't use any kind of anaesthesia and the product he used was really cold.
    If you don't force it it shouldn't break, I think. I tried opening a pen with my teeth the second time, that's why it broke.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

My dentist told me I had cavities. I don't even eat sweets that often.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I can't have cavities according to my dentist, because I don't have the kind of bacteria that causes them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

The thread is about HEALTH, so let's stay on-topic. : P

For chats that develop from posts here but are not about health, take them to VMs/PMs please. ^^

Ugh, dentist appointments. <<
    My teeth aren't straight, so it's easy for me to get cavities. At a recent check, they told me I actually need braces. >_<

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    The thread is about HEALTH, so let's stay on-topic. : P

For chats that develop from posts here but are not about health, take them to VMs/PMs please. ^^

Ugh, dentist appointments. <<
    My teeth aren't straight, so it's easy for me to get cavities. At a recent check, they told me I actually need braces. >_<
    Well, then brace yourself - braces are EXPENSIVE. No kidding - they're about the same price as a college semester tuition.

Oh, and anyone with braces or not, brushing your teeth properly is a must. To avoid cavities and bad breath.

There's also another reason, but please don't delete this post - it's an EXTREMELY important thing to know.

When I was a kid, I hated brushing my teeth. Naturally, I grew a lot of cavities, and the dentist kinda 'raged' at me *giggle*. So, she made gargle with some pink liquid, and spit it out. When I looked in the mirror, my whole teeth turned pink.

Guess what? I had to BRUSH MY TEETH THEN AND THERE UNTIL I GOT RID OF THE PINK ON MY TEETH ENTIRELY. And those pinkish stuff were damn stubborn that they did not come off even after I brushed for over thirty minutes.... the ultimate nightmare of going to the dentist...

So... if you don't want to be in my shoes, brush your teeth right, or else you might suffer XD.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

After you get your braces taken off [this will be a while, trust], then you get to have a shiny retainer! It helps keep your teeth straight. You just need to take it off when eating.

Whatever you do, don't lose the retainer. Then your work is for naught.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

...Wow, this is interesting timing...

Actually I was sick earlier today. I'm a new college student, and my parents give me a monthly "allowance" in order to pay for things like my rent, utilities, transportation, and food.

Since I got no extra spending money, I thought it would be a good idea to start skipping meals in order to save up some money for myself. Well it seems like that wasn't a very good idea. I have probably been doing some other things which probably aren't deemed "healthy". For example, I'm from Minnesota so the cold doesn't bother me much. Due to this, I only wear a t-shirt (no long sleeves or jacket) for my upper-body clothing when I bike to and from DigiPen. I wasn't feeling it's effects at first, but earlier today it just hit me as I suddenly got really cold and uncontrollable shivers. I went to sleep, got up a few hours later and took a hot shower, took some painkillers, and now I feel fine though I will still be going really easy on my body for a while so this doesn't happen again.

So biking in the cold and skipping meals obviously hasn't been good to me, but that's what life is for I suppose. Live and learn.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

Sometime in the past week, I contracted a cold. I'm trying my hardest to avoid staying home, because missing a day of school would result in an incredibly large work-load.

Not a fun time.

Blog Entries

Went to the dentist yesterday and got two sealants. it feels a little weird but its not something I cant handle.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

I had four wisdom teeth taken out last week, from all sides of my mouth. I'm only just now starting to be able to chew solid foods again, but my front teeth hurt like hell and feel weird, and there's still gaping holes in my gums. x_x I hope that didn't mess up my front teeth somehow.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Seems my irregular sleeping hours, plus overworking during the night finally did it. This sore throat remains after a week. I do feel better, but I'm still taking pills for the inflammation in my throat. :/

And...I need to visit the dentist once the hectic times in school pass... ;_;
    Hope I don't have cavities.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

You guys sure like the dentist a lot.

I do have to go there often, too. Once every two months, at least, for two things: getting my post-brace thing fixed to keep my teeth in place and check my jaw, which has a lame joint that keeps crackling and wearing itself out. It's not that bad, I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parmalee View Post
    After you get your braces taken off [this will be a while, trust], then you get to have a shiny retainer! It helps keep your teeth straight. You just need to take it off when eating.

Whatever you do, don't lose the retainer. Then your work is for naught.
    Retainers are a never-ending nightmare. I had braces for six months when I was 14 and after getting them off told I'd have to wear retainers every night for another six months. 3 years later and I'm told I have to wear them still every night or my teeth would gradually go back to being crooked.

Also, my braces would've costed a few thousand euro but my jaw was a few millimetres too far of an overbite so I was put into one of the groups who get free dental care. Funny because it wasn't even noteable and I saved thousands for a few millimetres.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast