Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things about Health

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Default Little Things about Health

Little Things about Health

Where you can discuss what is often regarded the most valuable to people; health.

Topics can vary from your experiences on
    - Health problems (physical/mental)
    - Experiences in hospitals
    - Tips on maintaining good health

Feel free to chat, discuss, or advise!

RULES

1. When posting, stick to your experiences as much as possible.
      - When debating/discussing/chatting, base your points on what you experienced, or what happened around you.
      - While talks do not need to follow a strict topic, any topic must be based on experience. Hence, you cannot link or post to a newspaper article to start a discussion.
      - When giving advice, you may provide a link to a trusted resource. Even so, discussion on the resource itself will be regarded as off-topic.

A moderator may give a public warning if he/she finds that the discussion has become off-topic per the thread rules. This is a sign that the current discussion needs to stop. Ignoring this can lead to warnings/infractions.

2. When giving advice, be responsible and know that your advice can affect those interested. Also, be careful when taking advices as they may not be the perfect solution for you.

3. ON DRUGS : MENTIONING or DISCUSSING DRUGS IS HIGHLY DISCOURAGED.

4. Flaming at a user, based on his/her experiences, will not be tolerated.
      Commenting on errors in a person’s experience is fine. However, taunting or insulting the person is not allowed.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)
    avi | gif source

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Little Things about Health

Ah, yeah, I had some health problems last year.

I'm a stingy person, and I try not to use money as possible. So I've done stupid things - like skipping lunch or dinner. Well, I did got to save up a lot of money to buy anything I'd like. And the problem appeared not so long ago.

Having eaten irregularly, and skipped meals multiple times, I ended up having stomach-aches a lot. Like, a fork was scratching on my stomach. When the symptoms got worse, I went to the hospital, and the doctor told me I was probably suffering from gastric ulcer. So I had gotten a prescription like this: (this is only a part of the list. there were much more, but I can't remember.)

NEVER skip meals.
    ALWAYS fill up your stomach and never leave it empty for over six hours.
    Never drink fizzy drinks, alcohol, or other acidic stuff like juice. Coffee has caffeine, so don't drink it either.
    Milk would likely make the stomach produce more acid, so don't drink milk so much.
    Reduce anything that would surprise your stomach. Have meals that aren't too salty, or too spicy.
    Don't eat fruits late at night.

Yeah... so the things I had done to save money turned out to make me spend over doubles on medicine.

My advice is, everything written above. If I were to pick one, NEVER skip meals. However much you are busy, fill up your stomach.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    Ah, yeah, I had some health problems last year.

I'm a stingy person, and I try not to use money as possible. So I've done stupid things - like skipping lunch or dinner. Well, I did got to save up a lot of money to buy anything I'd like. And the problem appeared not so long ago.

Having eaten irregularly, and skipped meals multiple times, I ended up having stomach-aches a lot. Like, a fork was scratching on my stomach. When the symptoms got worse, I went to the hospital, and the doctor told me I was probably suffering from gastric ulcer. So I had gotten a prescription like this: (this is only a part of the list. there were much more, but I can't remember.)

NEVER skip meals.
    ALWAYS fill up your stomach and never leave it empty for over six hours.
    Never drink fizzy drinks, alcohol, or other acidic stuff like juice. Coffee has caffeine, so don't drink it either.
    Milk would likely make the stomach produce more acid, so don't drink milk so much.
    Reduce anything that would surprise your stomach. Have meals that aren't too salty, or too spicy.
    Don't eat fruits late at night.

Yeah... so the things I had done to save money turned out to make me spend over doubles on medicine.

My advice is, everything written above. If I were to pick one, NEVER skip meals. However much you are busy, fill up your stomach.
    My, that sounds aweful. I skip some meals sometime, but it's pretty rare nowadays. Will there be a time when you'll be able to start eating normally again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    My, that sounds aweful. I skip some meals sometime, but it's pretty rare nowadays. Will there be a time when you'll be able to start eating normally again?
    Thanks for the concern XD Ever since I got that prescription I made sure I NEVER skipped meals, only on those rare occasions of suddenly having things to do - and I try to have at least snacks if I can. Going around with an empty stomach never helps with anything, so I recommend everyone to have something to eat when they can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've gotten a hairline fracture on my marriage finger (one beside pinky and middle) on my left hand like four times. Despite being right-handed, I managed to get out of writing for a few days every time. Broken nothing else though ^_^

Oh, I got an operation on my left nostril when I was younger. Uh, that's it with regards to hospitals, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I think my biggest health problem was (and still is) my tyroid gland. I don't remember exactly what the doctor said, but apparently it doesn't work enough. It's not weak enough to make me take medication, although it's borderline. I need to go to the hospital once every 6 months for a blood test, because they want to be able to react quickly if something happen with it. It's because of that that I stopped growing up before everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    Thanks for the concern XD Ever since I got that prescription I made sure I NEVER skipped meals, only on those rare occasions of suddenly having things to do - and I try to have at least snacks if I can. Going around with an empty stomach never helps with anything, so I recommend everyone to have something to eat when they can.
    On the bright side, that made you learn how to eat healthily, so it's not just a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    I've gotten a hairline fracture on my marriage finger (one beside pinky and middle) on my left hand like four times. Despite being right-handed, I managed to get out of writing for a few days every time. Broken nothing else though ^_^

Oh, I got an operation on my left nostril when I was younger. Uh, that's it with regards to hospitals, I think.
    How did you manage to break the same finger four times?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How did you manage to break the same finger four times?
    I guess you've never heard of GAA (sport) haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I guess you've never heard of GAA (sport) haha
    Indeed. What is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Indeed. What is it?
    Like soccer, except you can use your hands to carry the ball. It's an Irish sport and it's for real men. Kinda same build of players as rugby players

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Like soccer, except you can use your hands to carry the ball. It's an Irish sport and it's for real men. Kinda same build of players as rugby players
    Oh, I see. You're lucky it was just the finger, then, not an arm or a leg. That's why I don't like those sports.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, I see. You're lucky it was just the finger, then, not an arm or a leg. That's why I don't like those sports.
    Haha, I know. I don't play thast much anymore, but eh. What sports do you like then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Haha, I know. I don't play thast much anymore, but eh. What sports do you like then?
    Just those with the less risk of hurting myself: badminton, rollerblade and volley-ball (although I've hurt my thumb pretty badly because of this one, once). But this is getting off-topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just those with the less risk of hurting myself: badminton, rollerblade and volley-ball (although I've hurt my thumb pretty badly because of this one, once). But this is getting off-topic.
    I like those three too, although I've played volleyball like three times or something. I chipped one of my front teeth while rollerskating and falling so I was turned off them for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I like those three too, although I've played volleyball like three times or something. I chipped one of my front teeth while rollerskating and falling so I was turned off them for a while.
    Did you get that tooth repaired?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you get that tooth repaired?
    Of course. I wouldn't walk around with a huge gap in my mouth o_O

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast