Do you believe in aliens?

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 47.76%
  • Yes, but they've never visited Earth

21 31.34%
  • Yes, but there's no other sentient life

1 1.49%
  • No

11 16.42%
  • Unsure/I don't know

2 2.99%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Do you believe in aliens?

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Do you believe in aliens?

So, do you believe in life not of this Earth?

I certainly do. There's just no way a galaxy this vast, let alone the entire Universe, can have ONE planet with life on it. I have mixed emotions on the issue of aliens actually visiting Earth. I'm a skeptic as far as abductions go, but I think it's safe to say that aliens have visited Earth in the past. There's Roswell, that one sighting in Sao Paulo (or some other city in Brazil, I believe it was in 1997), and while those individual sightings may not be real aliens, I think it's safe to assume that some otherworldly beings have visited our big rock that we call "Earth" before.

But anyway, I'm getting a bit sidetracked. Do you believe in aliens?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Yes.
    That's nice.

The Curious Lord of Time Thanatos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes I do, I am one

you pretty much summed it up. There is now way that out of everything in the universe, only one tiny planet has what we call life
    Prehaps they haven't visited earth but I think they are out there somewhere.

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always have, but not in the typical sense. To quote Bones: "There's nothing on Earth that's worth traveling what are literally astronomical distances to see."

But not only is the universe bigger than neurologically possible to comprehend with the human mind, it's even bigger than that. So believing that Earth is the only haven of life-sustaining conditions and resources, in a universe that is quite literally infinite, is in my opinion an illogical and even perhaps sheltered and/or naïve perception of how reality functions. Although I also belive in unicorns and whatnot, justified with the quantum matrix, so I wouldn't trust my perception of reality either.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Yes, I do. As mentioned by some people already, the universe is so vast that it would be foolish to think we're the only living creatures in it. However, I don't think they visited the Earth.

Blog Entries

That is not a question. In the near-infinitity of the universe, it bound to have some other form of life. However, I believe any life is too distant to reach us.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yes, and Apollo 18 showed that they aren't always humanoid. I also have to go with the ancient astronaut theory for them visiting Earth.

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Yes, but they've never visited Earth.

I mean really, why would they visit us?

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

No. Just because we're too lazy as a society nowadays to understand how people could make things like pyramids without machines doing it for them, that doesn't mean aliens were involved.

Yeah, the universe is big, but I don't believe in anything else being out there. If there were others, they'd either be viruses under rocks, or similar to us in technology. Meaning they're wondering if there's life out here. Heck, we assume things about what we know about space. We don't even know everything about our solar system, much less the rest of the galaxy, other galaxies, what's inbetween everything, and so forth. We don't even know everything about our own planet.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Yes, I believe that life exists outside of Earth. However, more than likely it is the extraterrestrial equivalent of a virus, bacteria or mold. If life elsewhere has developed as far as we have on Earth, it's probably developed in such a different way than animal life on earth that it would be nearly impossible to communicate with it in any sort of reliable way.

So yes, but not in the traditional sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Yes, and Apollo 18 showed that they aren't always humanoid. I also have to go with the ancient astronaut theory for them visiting Earth.
    Wait... is that sarcasm? I can't tell. :P

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human_Umbreon View Post
    Wait... is that sarcasm? I can't tell. :P
    I was speaking the truth; that movie showed that there is extraterrestrial life. It was all in camera footage for pete's sake, which means it has to be real.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yes, but they never visited Earth.

However... I wish they wouldn't visit Earth. What if it turns out to be something like Independence Day?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I was speaking the truth; that movie showed that there is extraterrestrial life. It was all in camera footage for pete's sake, which means it has to be real.
    Isn't Apollo 18 a mockumentary? I'm still confused. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    No. Just because we're too lazy as a society nowadays to understand how people could make things like pyramids without machines doing it for them, that doesn't mean aliens were involved.

Yeah, the universe is big, but I don't believe in anything else being out there. If there were others, they'd either be viruses under rocks, or similar to us in technology. Meaning they're wondering if there's life out here. Heck, we assume things about what we know about space. We don't even know everything about our solar system, much less the rest of the galaxy, other galaxies, what's inbetween everything, and so forth. We don't even know everything about our own planet.
    I don't think aliens were involved in the pyramids. Most people don't. Aliens are not an excuse to explain the unexplained. That's why man invented God. Yes, we're just "assuming" that aliens are out there, because we don't know for sure, and we are essentially guessing and whatnot, but it's gonna take a really long time to know everything there is to know. And just because we've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Jack Pschitt; 7th September 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I do. I refuse to believe humans are the most "advanced" (call it what you may) beings. Humankind is crap, so aliens probably want nothing to do with us XDD

blog . graphics shop . fan club
    black 2 friend code: 2452-4043-7771

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast