Bullying

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LordOfTheSmeargle

Thread: Bullying

Blog Entries

Default Bullying

I started another thread similar to this in another forum to help people cope with problems so i thought i would try it here as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most people deal with bullying wheather they are the bully, victim, or bystander. The main point of this thread here is to talk about experinces that involved bulling which can be how you were tortured or how you stood up for your self or someone else. How you cope with bullying and how to deal with bullies. This thread will also help bullies who want to turn over a new leaf and kick the habbit.

Personally i was bullied constantly through out my years in school. (From 1st grade til present) Even to a point where i was suicidal. That when i started dabbiling in music and decided to sing about how we can all get through the rough patches in life and be a shoulder to cry on.

And to you guys who think that bulling is no big deal or a "Right of Passage" Don't even bother posting here please. Most teen suicides or violent outburst are result of bulling and it needs to stop.

Lets here some of your voices.

Chance of success: 97.73% Shiny Metagross's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bullying

I agree, even if it was how it's always been done, how the world's always worked, doesn't mean it has to keep being that way.
    In late elementary school and middle school I remember getting bullied, even jumped, likely for my voice making me sound deficient mentally. People mellowed out about that, but I still got comments about it a couple times in high school, though then there was the occasional joke (?) about how one day I'd seek my revenge on my classmates.

Banner by Blue Dragon | White FC: 3096 6256 6818 | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

I hope I'm not a bully, because even since people started bullying me (fourth grade, four years ago) I've tried to stand up for myself and alienate myself from my classmates. I'm only as mean as they are, though usually I just look away when people say something mean. I just can't see how some people are just so cruel. Sometimes I want to slap people and tell them everything they've ever done to me when they say that we're best buddies. Sometimes I just feel like being dead would be better than this crap.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I was physically and verbally bullied on and off from the age of six or seven to the age of thirteen by both boys and girls. I honestly don't know how to stop it, to be honest, because all I did was eventually begin to act fine and make a joke of myself too until they laid off, which still did nothing for my self esteem and how I treated myself. I tried to tell parents and teachers alike but they never took it seriously and I felt horribly alone - like I was being a baby for being upset by what my siblings and parents thought was nothing. It ended up contributing to my depression and constant struggle to give myself some self esteem and even now at almost eighteen I am only just putting down the building blocks to be able to stop comparing myself to others and feeling inferior to/afraid of them - and my self esteem is still teetering and easily knocked down by the tiniest thing.

I'm sad to say, though, that I don't honestly believe you can stop bullying 100%. Just the extent to which it is done. You can teach people all the tolerance and selflessness in the world before you send them off to school but ultimately we are still animals and at puberty especially the need to establish a social order and the lack of control we will ever be able to exercise over our own confusion and frustration is evident and natural even when it means underdogs are created and people get hurt. Many bullies are just people with their own problems and misguided emotions, so you can't stop bullying just by telling people it's wrong or that people like myself end up suicidal with depression over it. All I could do was tell myself that I was innocent even if I felt ugly and stupid and sit it out and be the bigger person by not lashing out when I could help it. I can't pretend it's okay or that everyone can hang in there/eventually try to deflect it the way I did, but I do know that it's a part of life that will always remain even if the way it remains and the impacts it has are minimised (which they absolutely should be).
    Last edited by Kaori; 20th April 2012 at 03:11 PM.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Chance of success: 97.73% Shiny Metagross's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Magmarashi, I don't think that makes you a bully, because there's a difference between being a pushover and simply not being a bully which allows you to stand up for yourself when someone attacks you and you to not be fine with being bullied. You don't want to just let it fester, though, because that's how you get the type of people my classmates joked about.

@Meryn, if it's any consolation, I don't think you were being a baby about it, and I know it wasn't nothing. It's not at all comforting to be beat up and ganged up on, or put down for that matter, for some unknown reason or something you can't change. Even body language can hurt. But you know what, I bet you're better than they gave you credit for and you'd be worth making friends with rather than fun of.

Banner by Blue Dragon | White FC: 3096 6256 6818 | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

I used to be bullied (second grade to fifth grade). I switched schools in sixth grade, not because of the bullying, but because my old school was closing, and am not bullied anymore and am actually pretty popular. I have lots of friends and am well-liked.

As for being a bully, I don't really think I am one. I try to treat everyone equal, and my policy is, "If you're nice to me, then I'll be nice to you."

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

I'm really indifferent to everybody. I try to not be a bully, but if someone is acting like a complete asshole, being stupid, or anything like that, I'll tell them. That's just the way I'm wired.

Blog Entries

I'm bullied. Sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's better. People in middle school can be douchebags.
    OverlordRuby likes this.

Striaton Triplet crush of the week: Cilan
    [Why yes as a matter of fact this is subject to change every Sunday.]
    Rather Experienced Sage Smeargle will advise you in coded language you'll have to figure out yourself: The best training is to go for it.

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was never bullied but one incident in 8th grade, when I went to the bathroom and was harrased by one boy because of my vision and hearing disabilities. I knew the mature thing to do is not to lash out but to let my teacher know. That was taken care of as the boy was sent to alternative school for that. At my middle school, my principle has zero tolerence for disabitily harrassments and other kinds so that is a good thing. Overall, my middle school has alot of nice folks anyways and students are nice to me. So I don't worry about it. I do remember in middle school that one student did commit suicide because of bullying. I also have many friends then and now that have been friends since Elementary school. Besides that, I have had a couple of classmates who are just being annoying but thats about it.

I would never bully anyone and I would treat everyone equally no matter what. I was raised by my parents to treat others kindly and the fact that I am a kind and compassionate person anyway. The best thing to do sometimes is to ignore them and let the teacher and other staff members know and let them handle it. My schools are good at enforcing the rules concerning bullying and harrassment.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Theres only one time I was "bullied". It was in middle school, starting in 7th grade this guy I didnt know sort of latched onto me and refused to leave me alone. I didnt like him or want to be friends and told him this constantly, but he just refused to leave me alone. I got scared because he wouldnt stop and told my teachers and parents, but even they couldnt make him stop, he refused to listen to them. It just sacred me that he absolutely wouldnt stop harassing me even when told by teachers. to stop. This stopped after 8th grade when he went to a different High school. I never want to feel like that again, it was horrible and I dont understand why someone would do that. I considered this behavior bullying because it scared me and he wouldnt stop even when he knew this and was told he needed to leave me alone repetedly.