The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 862

Page 862 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 36276281285286086186286386487291296213621862 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

  1. #12916
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Nobody cares about the backlash, people who like Mario platformers will still buy it anyway. Why wouldn't they get away with it?
    Because the geek culture is one of the most dominant groups in the internet community, and backlashes is what they do best, and they have the potential to bring a company down.

  2. #12917
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    @Exor; @TheMissingno.;
    Too many quote-inside-quotes makes viewing the thread difficult for users. I've removed those extra quotes this time. Please stop. :<
    Why? There's no rule against them and we've had much bigger ones in the past.
    Could fall under this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    = Make sure to make all of your posts coherent.
    Your posts aren't exactly coherent if they contain posts that only have 1 letter per line.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Nobody cares about the backlash, people who like Mario platformers will still buy it anyway. Why wouldn't they get away with it?
    Because the geek culture is one of the most dominant groups in the internet community, and backlashes is what they do best, and they have the potential to bring a company down.
    That is not true. Internet geeks (aka those whiny bitches you find in comment sections and message boards) have no influence whatsoever. You are the only person who thinks that is the case and actually cares about them. Everyone else ignores them, because they don't have any influence. If they had, the Wii U would have been twice as powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360 because these are the same people that flip their shit about resolution and such. Yet the Wii U is only as powerful as the PS3 and Xbox 360, because like I just said, Nintendo nor anyone else cares about these people. And yet the Wii U will still be super succeful and Nintendo will not be brought down.


  3. #12918
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Why? There's no rule against them and we've had much bigger ones in the past.
    There may be no rules against them, but if they make viewing the thread difficult for people here, it shouldn't be done. If another person's posting makes your reading the thread difficult or unpleasant, would you appreciate that? :<

    We've asked people posting those big quote pyramids as well before.

    FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

  4. #12919
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    That is not true. Internet geeks (aka those whiny bitches you find in comment sections and message boards) have no influence whatsoever. You are the only person who thinks that is the case and actually cares about them. Everyone else ignores them, because they don't have any influence. If they had, the Wii U would have been twice as powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360 because these are the same people that flip their shit about resolution and such. Yet the Wii U is only as powerful as the PS3 and Xbox 360, because like I just said, Nintendo nor anyone else cares about these people. And yet the Wii U will still be super succeful and Nintendo will not be brought down.
    But I've seen a few users who are like those geeks at the Wii U thread, and I treat them as veteran users like you.

  5. #12920
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    @Exor; @TheMissingno.;
    Too many quote-inside-quotes makes viewing the thread difficult for users. I've removed those extra quotes this time. Please stop. :<
    Why? There's no rule against them and we've had much bigger ones in the past.
    Could fall under this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    = Make sure to make all of your posts coherent.
    Your posts aren't exactly coherent if they contain posts that only have 1 letter per line.
    Yes they are. If you want to read them you can just scroll up or copy-paste.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Why? There's no rule against them and we've had much bigger ones in the past.
    There may be no rules against them, but if they make viewing the thread difficult for people here, it shouldn't be done. If another person's posting makes your reading the thread difficult or unpleasant, would you appreciate that? :<

    We've asked people posting those big quote pyramids as well before.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to recognize it as a rule until it's a rule. Post pyramids are fun.
    That's nice.

  6. #12921
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to recognize it as a rule until it's a rule. Post pyramids are fun.
    You do know that insubordination is infractable though, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rules View Post
    Please do note that when a moderator posts in a thread to tell everyone to stop a certain behavior, that the moderator’s post does count as a warning. Moderators withhold the right to replace an infraction with a warning at their discretion
    And I wouldn't want you banned now, as then I might have to sub you out for my mafia game. And I only have 1 sub left.


  7. #12922
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to recognize it as a rule until it's a rule. Post pyramids are fun.
    You do know that insubordination is infractable though, right?
    Not recognizing a rule that isn't a rule isn't insubordination. It's not really anything, just kind of being normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rules View Post
    Please do note that when a moderator posts in a thread to tell everyone to stop a certain behavior, that the moderator’s post does count as a warning. Moderators withhold the right to replace an infraction with a warning at their discretion
    And I wouldn't want you banned now, as then I might have to sub you out for my mafia game. And I only have 1 sub left.
    I know it's a warning. Thanks mini-mod Mij.


    I'm not going to post another quote pyramid, but I'm just pointing out how the fact that I'm not going to do it now is complete bullshit. That's all.
    That's nice.

  8. #12923
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Not recognizing a rule that isn't a rule isn't insubordination. It's not really anything, just kind of being normal.
    No I was talking about if you were to start another quote pyramid.


    I know it's a warning. Thanks mini-mod Mij.
    But my mafia pls. It's so much work already. I don't want to go around begging other people to please sub for my game on top of that.


  9. #12924
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Not recognizing a rule that isn't a rule isn't insubordination. It's not really anything, just kind of being normal.
    No I was talking about if you were to start another quote pyramid.
    Maybe I should just make my username blank instead.
    That's nice.

  10. #12925
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Not recognizing a rule that isn't a rule isn't insubordination. It's not really anything, just kind of being normal.
    No I was talking about if you were to start another quote pyramid.
    Maybe I should just make my username blank instead.
    "lol it's just a pokémon site, I don't care"
    TheMissingno. likes this.


  11. #12926
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Drop it, both of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to recognize it as a rule until it's a rule. Post pyramids are fun.
    If there were users conducting behavior that made your reading the thread difficult yet said the same thing, would you find it fun?

    FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

  12. #12927
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    (those last two posts were just a reference to Baron Brixius, and not meant seriously)


    Anyway, it's almost 6pm and my game still hasn't arrived, meaning I am being super royally screwed by PostNL. Seriously, the e-mail said it was supposed to arrive in one workday. This is the third workday.

    If I now have to wait untill monday I am gonna be super pissed.


  13. #12928
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    Drop it, both of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to recognize it as a rule until it's a rule. Post pyramids are fun.
    If there were users conducting behavior that made your reading the thread difficult yet said the same thing, would you find it fun?
    Yes I would.

    Also post pyramids don't make your reading in the thread difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Anyway, it's almost 6pm and my game still hasn't arrived, meaning I am being super royally screwed by PostNL. Seriously, the e-mail said it was supposed to arrive in one workday. This is the third workday.

    If I now have to wait untill monday I am gonna be super pissed.
    You should have a public protest.
    That's nice.

  14. #12929
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Even better, I should write them a very angrily worded e-mail. I would write them a letter, but you know, like my game it would take ages to arrive.


  15. #12930
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    @Exor; @TheMissingno.;
    Too many quote-inside-quotes makes viewing the thread difficult for users. I've removed those extra quotes this time. Please stop. :<
    B-but we need to troll somehow. ;_;

    Okeh. :/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •