The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 719

Page 719 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 21961966970971771871972072172976981912191719 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

  1. #10771
    You are a slave. Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The BCCT
    Posts
    3,115
    Blog Entries
    25
    Add Windfall on Facebook

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Which one is?

  2. #10772
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    So is Tetris, but it's still fun.
    Windfall likes this.
    That's nice.

  3. #10773
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    21,981
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I could care less if a Pokemon is good competitively or not.

  4. #10774
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    What @Lavender Frost; said. While I enjoy seeing Pokemon I like in the higher tiers, I don't like them less if they're in NU or something.

  5. #10775
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    I could care less if a Pokemon is good competitively or not.
    I do, unfortunately.
    @Exor; Unown is an example of people disliking Pokemon for their low competitive usage, because it only learns one move.

  6. #10776
    Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    2,565
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Yet whenever I go to Random Matchups, I mostly face people who use Pokemon from OU plus the banned ones like Garchomp.
    Not sure what your point is here. Yes, Pokemon from high tiers are generally more popular in Random Matchups because you're simply more likely to win that way. If you want to battle with lower-tier Pokemon without running into Garchomp all the time, don't play Random Matchups. Find someone who also likes using UU/NU/whatever Pokemon and battle them.

  7. #10777
    You are a slave. Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The BCCT
    Posts
    3,115
    Blog Entries
    25
    Add Windfall on Facebook

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Competitive Pokemon is like competitive Rock Paper Scissors.

  8. #10778
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    @Ghetsis-Dennis; I don't care much that Unown is really weak, I'm not like a big fan of it, but I sorta like the design and like how mysterious it is.

  9. #10779
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Yet whenever I go to Random Matchups, I mostly face people who use Pokemon from OU plus the banned ones like Garchomp.
    Not sure what your point is here. Yes, Pokemon from high tiers are generally more popular in Random Matchups because you're simply more likely to win that way. If you want to battle with lower-tier Pokemon without running into Garchomp all the time, don't play Random Matchups. Find someone who also likes using UU/NU/whatever Pokemon and battle them.
    Problem is, I don't want to face teams of UU/NU/whatever Pokemon, because it makes me feel like a newbie/casual player, and hardcore gamers tend to poke of them.

  10. #10780
    You are a slave. Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The BCCT
    Posts
    3,115
    Blog Entries
    25
    Add Windfall on Facebook

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I'm a casual CoD player and I'm better than a lot of hardcore players. Hardcore players just think they're automatically better because they are uber try hardships.

  11. #10781
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4


  12. #10782
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    @Exor; Yes, but I have a ton of problems. Both in the internet and irl.

  13. #10783
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    @Ghetsis-Dennis; That's a shame. =(

  14. #10784
    Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    2,565
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Problem is, I don't want to face teams of UU/NU/whatever Pokemon, because it makes me feel like a newbie/casual player, and hardcore gamers tend to poke of them.
    Only in your own head.

    Competitive NU is not newbie or casual. Exactly the same amount of work goes into crafting and perfecting movesets and EV spreads as it does for high tiers. In fact, since there's a greater variety of threats in NU, one could argue that it requires even more skill to be consistently good.

    I don't know where you're getting the impression that NU is looked down on, but it can't be from Smogon, which is teeming with respected NU players and create the NU tier specifically so that lower-powered Pokemon would have a chance to excel.

    But I feel as if I've explained this several times already...

  15. #10785
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    So even though they know that people want them to stop and they even have their own thread, people still insist on spamming Random Images with anime girls. Though I do admit it's much better now than it was even a couple of days ago.


    @Bikini Miltank; It's no use trying to explain it to him, he lives in his own little world.
    That's nice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •