The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1932

Page 1932 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 9321432183218821922193019311932193319341942198220322432 ... LastLast
Results 28,966 to 28,980 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

I like this guy here.

Y > X

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

And welcome to the thread (and back to BMGf as a whole), @industry!

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I have the dialect problem with gasses. What's the difference of English/American petrol, gas, diesel or gasoline?

Blog Entries

All of them have different purposes and are made for fueling different types of automobiles and engines.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    I have the dialect problem with gasses. What's the difference of English/American petrol, gas, diesel or gasoline?
    Petrol (petroleum) and gasoline are the same thing. In the U.S. "gas" generally refers to gasoline, but is often used for any fossil fuel, whether it be liquid or gaseous. Some folks in the U.K. also call diesel petrol. Technically speaking petrol is correct for any product derived from petroleum - gasoline, diesel, kerosene, naptha, etc.

The physical/chemical difference... well, gasoline uses a spark to ignite, whereas diesel relies on the increased heat caused by compression for ignition. There are no spark plugs in a diesel engine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by industry View Post
    Petrol (petroleum) and gasoline are the same thing. In the U.S. "gas" generally refers to gasoline, but is often used for any fossil fuel, whether it be liquid or gaseous. Some folks in the U.K. also call diesel petrol. Technically speaking petrol is correct for any product derived from petroleum - gasoline, diesel, kerosene, naptha, etc.

The physical/chemical difference... well, gasoline uses a spark to ignite, whereas diesel relies on the increased heat caused by compression for ignition. There are no spark plugs in a diesel engine.
    Well, what matters is that cars only use gasoline or diesel, right?

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I've actually never been interested in the difference between petrol and diesel; didn't know there was one. That's interesting though.

Guess who's off to the kingdom of books tomorrow? I'll be smack-dab on the border between Wales and England, which is pretty cool, plus since it's a schoolday I'll be missing most of my least favourite classes. -w-

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ethanol based fuel, LPG Fuel, Hydrogen-fuel cell and your petrol and diesel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post

Ethanol based fuel, LPG Fuel, Hydrogen-fuel cell and your petrol and diesel.
    Yeah, it's just that here, we don't use such fuels. LPG is gradually starting to appear...

Here, we have diesel, biodiesel, gasoline, ethanol, and LP (mostly for forklifts and stuff like that). Actually it's hard to find gasoline that isn't mixed 90%/10% ethanol...

Gasoline engines can actually run off of hydrogen gas, too (for a while). How 'bout that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Like what? That's how I felt about watering berries in Gen 4 after awhile.

Ugh. :x One reason I don't care to have fish. An axolotl on the other hand...
    Just odd things. I'm a bit OCD and It bugs me if a game has collectable items that I haven't found or certain bits I miss that most people wouldn't worry about. Watering berries was definitely a chore. Like picking acorns.

I'd love an axolotl. I planned to get one last year but my friend told me hers evolved into a lizard type thing. They might be too exotic for me.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Gasoline engines can actually run off of hydrogen gas, too (for a while). How 'bout that.
    I find this hard to believe. Containing it and more importantly controlling the flow of it is something I don't think regular engines can just do without modifying it, and the components are designed for gasoline combustion, not using hydrogen as primary source.

Today is geometry till I start to cry day. Can't go wrong with that!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Here, we have diesel, biodiesel, gasoline, ethanol, and LP (mostly for forklifts and stuff like that). Actually it's hard to find gasoline that isn't mixed 90%/10% ethanol...
    There are laws requiring a certain level of ethanol to be used in gas I think. If I'm wrong about that, then I think that gas stations do it anyway because ethanol is cheaper than gasoline. What I do know for sure is that you get lower gas mileage with ethanol mixed fuel than you do with pure gasoline.

I saw a car once that had a couple biodiesel bumper stickers on the back. The exhaust smelled like fast food, it was kind of awesome.

It can, but unfortunately hydrogen gas is a bitch and three quarters to store.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

You know, I legitimately have no idea what geometry is. Is that shapes and the sort, or am I thinking of something else?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Scone View Post
    You know, I legitimately have no idea what geometry is. Is that shapes and the sort, or am I thinking of something else?
    It's wikipedia.
    That's nice.