The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1848

Page 1848 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 8481348174817981838184618471848184918501858189819482348 ... LastLast
Results 27,706 to 27,720 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A laptop for 1799£? I mean, wtf is that? Even at a discount that's way too much for a laptop. I'm interested in the specs of that.

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Wow, there seems to be yet another crisis in America.

America is one fucked up country.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post

I assume you're talking about this - BBC News - Boston Marathon rocked by twin explosions
    maglev is invisible

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    A laptop for 1799£? I mean, wtf is that? Even at a discount that's way too much for a laptop. I'm interested in the specs of that.
    With the discount we're paying £1,399. I say "we" but, technically, I'm not putting a penny towards it (originally I was supposed to be paying it). I decided to buy it five months ago, and my parents decided back then they would pay for it as a gift for my 21st birthday... yet they only told me last week about that decision! I feel so lucky that they're prepared to pay that much for me to get a new computer. This is the model. I'm not happy with it only having 256GB hard drive space (the version I'd originally ordered had 512GB) but luckily I already own an external drive, so I'm not too bothered. My current laptop is dreadful though - it shuts down within 10 minutes if I use it without an external fan. I don't use a desk, so it's quite a pain! I get left with marks on my legs for days because of the fan.

Isn't there always a crisis somethere? I've only heard about it via FB, but yeah, gosh. :/

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Blog Entries

Yep the boston marathon one.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping this isn't a terrorist attack. I just heard about the news, so I'm not all clued up on it.
    maglev is invisible

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    I'm hoping this isn't a terrorist attack. I just heard about the news, so I'm not all clued up on it.
    I'm guessing that it's a domestic attack of some sort. I'm not an expert, but I think if it were an international extremist attack, the perpetrator(s) would have been a lot less clandestine about it. They still haven't found whoever did it.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by .vulpixie View Post
    With the discount we're paying £1,399. I say "we" but, technically, I'm not putting a penny towards it (originally I was supposed to be paying it). I decided to buy it five months ago, and my parents decided back then they would pay for it as a gift for my 21st birthday... yet they only told me last week about that decision! I feel so lucky that they're prepared to pay that much for me to get a new computer./
    Well, Apple being Apple would explain the price-tag.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    It's probably not al-qaeda affiliated. Hey, its still pretty sad from colorado movie theater to newtown to this? That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    With the discount we're paying £1,399. I say "we" but, technically, I'm not putting a penny towards it (originally I was supposed to be paying it). I decided to buy it five months ago, and my parents decided back then they would pay for it as a gift for my 21st birthday... yet they only told me last week about that decision! I feel so lucky that they're prepared to pay that much for me to get a new computer./
    Well, Apple being Apple would explain the price-tag.
    Aye. But being a media student I'm better off with going for Apple - the best software for film is released on Mac. I'm still going to be using my older laptop (which runs Microsoft 7) for gaming and general internet browsing and such, but I'm installing pro software on the new laptop.

Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Goddamn it, I hate people, I hate everything. This fucking day.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
    What's up?

Blog Entries

What's up?
    I live in Boston, so that's what's up.

This whole day has been awful and I can't fucking deal.

(sorry if that sounds mean I didn't intend it that way, but uggghhhhh)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's so weird when something big happens where you live. It doesn't feel as big as it really is. The attention given to your home town feels alien. Most of the big, important things to happen to my neck of the woods have been positive things, thank goodness, but I don't know what it's like for a person in a big city.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    It's so weird when something big happens where you live. It doesn't feel as big as it really is. The attention given to your home town feels alien. Most of the big, important things to happen to my neck of the woods have been positive things, thank goodness, but I don't know what it's like for a person in a big city.
    It's not even so much the attention as it is that this happened in places where you live and work and play and go to every fucking day or week. I'm at Copley Square - where the explosion happened - at least once a week for therapist appointments. (Don't worry, my therapist wasn't there because today's a holiday in Massachusetts.) It doesn't feel real, and it hits so close to home in a way that's hard to understand if shit like this hasn't happened in a place where you live or used to live.