The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1845
Page 1845 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 8451345174517951835184318441845184618471855189519452345 ... LastLast
Results 27,661 to 27,675 of 41324

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by .vulpixie View Post

He's easily my favourite lecturer. He's young as far as teachers go, he's in a (good!) band, and often eats his lunch with us instead of going to the staff room. Even the course leader mistakes him for a student when she comes into the room because of his clothing/hairstyle.

I try to go to sleep early on college nights but I always fail. But that's the first time in a long time I've fallen asleep in class! It shocked me he was so cool with it. I mean, any other lecturer would have torn strips off me, I'm sure. He just mocked me for it. I found out from the friend who woke me up that he was actually really shocked I fell asleep in his class. Last trimester I completed the coursework for his class in 3/12 weeks. ^^; So he just made a ton of sarcastic comments instead, which the class then filled me in on. xD

Ick, I know what that is like. Not the walking in on someone recording but being on the other end. I was in the studio recording my radio programme and my lecturer (coincidentally, the one I've been talking about!) walks in while I'm recording to ask how the interview I'd done that morning (I'd arranged for someone to come into the college) had gone. Luckily we had a little "ON AIR" light installed outside the studio last month so that won't ever happen again.
    Sounds like a really cool guy.

Yeah, last time I fell asleep in my class I nearly got written up (Then again falling asleep in a math class never goes well) I just find it amazing how relaxed he is from what you are telling me.

You have a radio program? Wow, that must of been pretty awkward. I mean, we weren't on air when I popped in because ours is just a high school band but I can see how that would be pretty icky.
    Also known as 'Tie'

Quote Originally Posted by TIE View Post
    Sounds like a really cool guy.

Yeah, last time I fell asleep in my class I nearly got written up (Then again falling asleep in a math class never goes well) I just find it amazing how relaxed he is from what you are telling me.

You have a radio program? Wow, that must of been pretty awkward. I mean, we weren't on air when I popped in because ours is just a high school band but I can see how that would be pretty icky.
    He is, aye. Actually, after talking about this on here I felt bad and I just sent him off an email apologising for falling asleep and promising to send him the work I should have done in class before I next go to class. >.> But, hey, I've already lost track of how many drinks I've had tonight so maybe that was another stupid move. Oh well.

Ha, I used to sleep in maths in school without consequence. I would actually take in a light silk blanket! I'd finish the work in 10 minutes and then go to sleep and my maths teacher would let me. But we had a unique student-teacher relationship, I guess. e.g. when his pets died he gave me a ton of stuff like food and such because we kept the same animal (rats). I've heard from a reliable source that my artwork from 2008 still hangs in classroom. He says he's going to sell it when I become a famous author (I am a published author in poetry, short stories and newspaper + magazine articles, but clearly not famous!) - but I'm hoping to shock him someday because he doesn't know I've switched media!

But, yeah, my lecturer is really relaxed. But he can get mad! He once sent me an angry email, then apologised for it less than an hour later saying that he was just ticked off about something else. He's a cool bloke. I'm kind of sad he won't be teaching on my course next year. :(

It was a one-off programme, but yeah. It was cool though. I've been offered the use of the studio again this trimester, but turned it down for written work. I'm better at writing than speaking (I find it weird talking sometimes - I have a kinda unique accent) so I've opted for only written responses rather than oral.
    Nov 28th come faster.

Blog Entries

He is, aye. Actually, after talking about this on here I felt bad and I just sent him off an email apologising for falling asleep and promising to send him the work I should have done in class before I next go to class. >.> But, hey, I've already lost track of how many drinks I've had tonight so maybe that was another stupid move. Oh well.

Ha, I used to sleep in maths in school without consequence. I would actually take in a light silk blanket! I'd finish the work in 10 minutes and then go to sleep and my maths teacher would let me. But we had a unique student-teacher relationship, I guess. e.g. when his pets died he gave me a ton of stuff like food and such because we kept the same animal (rats). I've heard from a reliable source that my artwork from 2008 still hangs in classroom. He says he's going to sell it when I become a famous author (I am a published author in poetry, short stories and newspaper + magazine articles, but clearly not famous!) - but I'm hoping to shock him someday because he doesn't know I've switched media!

But, yeah, my lecturer is really relaxed. But he can get mad! He once sent me an angry email, then apologised for it less than an hour later saying that he was just ticked off about something else. He's a cool bloke. I'm kind of sad he won't be teaching on my course next year. :(

It was a one-off programme, but yeah. It was cool though. I've been offered the use of the studio again this trimester, but turned it down for written work. I'm better at writing than speaking (I find it weird talking sometimes - I have a kinda unique accent) so I've opted for only written responses rather than oral.
    It doesn't sound stupid in my opinion if that makes you feel better ^^; It just sounds like you're just a decent person

You have rats as pets? I think you would like New York then. Wow, he must of really liked you.

I enjoy poetry, in fact, my username is an abbreviation of one of my favorite poems by Robert Browning.

Eh, we're all human. It does suck that you won't have him again though.

I have a bit of an accent as well but I've learned to overcome it. Good luck with the writing though!
    Also known as 'Tie'

It doesn't sound stupid in my opinion if that makes you feel better ^^; It just sounds like you're just a decent person

You have rats as pets? I think you would like New York then. Wow, he must of really liked you.

I enjoy poetry, in fact, my username is an abbreviation of one of my favorite poems by Robert Browning.

Eh, we're all human. It does suck that you won't have him again though.

I have a bit of an accent as well but I've learned to overcome it. Good luck with the writing though!
    I wouldn't say I'm a "decent" person - I'd just say I'm a not a bad one! Although I found out last night that someone I thought was my friend hates me because I was the last person to date her current partner. Pathetic thing is that she is married with a kid to someone else. Ah, life is so dramatic yet still so fun. Now their relationship is falling apart she's now after my most recent ex. :'D

My family kept rats for around six years. However, my Dad was allergic to their urine so we eventually stopped. We kept loads over the years but only two, named Massu and Tegoshi, were actually mine. And even when we had those two I was living away from home in student accommodation. Even wild rats don't bother me though - I think they're cute! I remember being late to school once because I needed to hand-feed a rat with a cancerous tumour because she wouldn't eat unless she was licking the food from my fingers. But, yeah, my maths teacher and I got on really well. I felt so bad when he told me his pets had died - and at the same time was so touched that he would think to pass their belongings onto me.

What poem would that be? I'm not familiar with his work. My favourite poet is a Glaswegian poet named Edwin Morgan - unfortunately, he died in summer 2010. Although I really like Carol Ann Duffy and Sylvia Plaths' work too.

Thank you~! I've a lot of writing to do though! I take five classes per trimester and I'm also writing a novel for my final creative project (for next year's, my final year at the college, I'm doing a short film) and it's due in May 14th.

As for accent, I was raised by a Yorkshireman and a Londoner - then I lived on the west coast of Scotland, the south of England, and then Glasgow. So my accent is a total mess!
    Nov 28th come faster.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say I'm a "decent" person - I'd just say I'm a not a bad one! Although I found out last night that someone I thought was my friend hates me because I was the last person to date her current partner. Pathetic thing is that she is married with a kid to someone else. Ah, life is so dramatic yet still so fun. Now their relationship is falling apart she's now after my most recent ex. :'D

My family kept rats for around six years. However, my Dad was allergic to their urine so we eventually stopped. We kept loads over the years but only two, named Massu and Tegoshi, were actually mine. And even when we had those two I was living away from home in student accommodation. Even wild rats don't bother me though - I think they're cute! I remember being late to school once because I needed to hand-feed a rat with a cancerous tumour because she wouldn't eat unless she was licking the food from my fingers. But, yeah, my maths teacher and I got on really well. I felt so bad when he told me his pets had died - and at the same time was so touched that he would think to pass their belongings onto me.

What poem would that be? I'm not familiar with his work. My favourite poet is a Glaswegian poet named Edwin Morgan - unfortunately, he died in summer 2010. Although I really like Carol Ann Duffy and Sylvia Plaths' work too.

Thank you~! I've a lot of writing to do though! I take five classes per trimester and I'm also writing a novel for my final creative project (for next year's, my final year at the college, I'm doing a short film) and it's due in May 14th.

As for accent, I was raised by a Yorkshireman and a Londoner - then I lived on the west coast of Scotland, the south of England, and then Glasgow. So my accent is a total mess!
    Wow that's pretty sad if she's married and has a kid. Talk about clinging to the past.

I once had a wounded baby crow as a pet that wouldn't eat unless I hand fed it. He died the next day since he had an infection but yeah. That's really nice of him!

The Italian in England, I like it because I can sympathize with the Italian patriot. If you have the time, I would recommend reading it!

What is the novel about?

Sounds like you moved around a lot.
    Also known as 'Tie'

Wow that's pretty sad if she's married and has a kid. Talk about clinging to the past.

I once had a wounded baby crow as a pet that wouldn't eat unless I hand fed it. He died the next day since he had an infection but yeah. That's really nice of him!

The Italian in England, I like it because I can sympathize with the Italian patriot. If you have the time, I would recommend reading it!

What is the novel about?

Sounds like you moved around a lot.
    Yep, but it was their choice - and now that their relationship has turned sour I'm not prepared to help them out. They chose poorly.

Aw, so cute. :3 Sorry that he died so soon though. An absolute shame, whether you've known him for a day or for years I know it's still painful - been in the same boat. ;_;

I'll look it up tomorrow! If I did so now I know I would forget... blame the vodka.

It's about three men who exist outside ordinary society: one through choice because he thinks he is better than everyone else; the second because he was elevated to fame as a teen and doesn't know what it means to struggle in life; and the third is excluded because of mental disabilities. The novel focuses on how the three of them meet and get along with one another.

Add in Scotland's east coast and you've got my entire background. I moved to Glasgow by myself when I was 18, but had to move back in with my parents on the west coast (where I live now) for financial reasons. My mother mocks me for using the Scottish dialect - I instead blame her for giving birth to me in Scotland! According to my parents I was never even meant to be born here - they wanted me to be born in England. But I get free college tuition simply because I was born here, so it has all worked out.
    Nov 28th come faster.

Exploding Head of Ent Inc Baf's Avatar Forum HeadSuper Moderator
    Blog Entries

@.vulpixie; You don't live that far from me then, I live just outside of Edinburgh, don't think I've met anyone on here that lives so close.

Oh My Giddy Aunt - It's the Official BMGF Ent Inc. Blog!
    Any questions or suggestions for Ent Inc? PM me!

Blog Entries

Yep, but it was their choice - and now that their relationship has turned sour I'm not prepared to help them out. They chose poorly.

Aw, so cute. :3 Sorry that he died so soon though. An absolute shame, whether you've known him for a day or for years I know it's still painful - been in the same boat. ;_;

I'll look it up tomorrow! If I did so now I know I would forget... blame the vodka.

It's about three men who exist outside ordinary society: one through choice because he thinks he is better than everyone else; the second because he was elevated to fame as a teen and doesn't know what it means to struggle in life; and the third is excluded because of mental disabilities. The novel focuses on how the three of them meet and get along with one another.

Add in Scotland's east coast and you've got my entire background. I moved to Glasgow by myself when I was 18, but had to move back in with my parents on the west coast (where I live now) for financial reasons. My mother mocks me for using the Scottish dialect - I instead blame her for giving birth to me in Scotland! According to my parents I was never even meant to be born here - they wanted me to be born in England. But I get free college tuition simply because I was born here, so it has all worked out.
    Reap as you sow as they say. Still, a horrible thing for a child to go through. Not his fault after all.

It's cool, but how are you going to remember to look it up then?

That's pretty interesting, definitely an original concept. Are you going to publish it?

Sounds like it worked out in your favor if you got free college tuition! I don't honestly want to think about college, it stresses me (I got good grades but it's still stressful)

I'm thinking about just joining the military or something.
    Also known as 'Tie'

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    @.vulpixie; You don't live that far from me then, I live just outside of Edinburgh, don't think I've met anyone on here that lives so close.
    I'm about two hours away by train from Edinburgh Waverley. I'll be in Edinburgh in July actually. Going up for a gig near Haymarket station on the 17th. :]

Reap as you sow as they say. Still, a horrible thing for a child to go through. Not his fault after all.

It's cool, but how are you going to remember to look it up then?

That's pretty interesting, definitely an original concept. Are you going to publish it?

Sounds like it worked out in your favor if you got free college tuition! I don't honestly want to think about college, it stresses me (I got good grades but it's still stressful)

I'm thinking about just joining the military or something.
    Their daughter is only two as well! They split after four months of marriage. Coincidentally, my best friend of 18 years works at the same nursery the child goes too - the mother doesn't even pick up/drop off her own kid! It's kinda sad. I hate to say this about anyone (most of my friends from high school are now parents) but she's a terrible mother. .___.

I'll definitely remember because I'll seen this in the morning. I think. I know I'll remember somehow though. Promise. I'll even give you my opinion on it - positive or negative.

I will be self-publishing it, so it will have a limited audience. Basically, who I tell will know of it!

Where are you from?
    College for me is different from university. I'm in a lucky position where my course is vocational, so I'm doing an equivalent two to years of university and will hopefully get easier (and advanced) entry. I dropped out of high school when I was 17, took a gap year, then did two years of study at a further education college to build up my grades. Now I'm nearly finished with my first year at a higher education college (above an FE college) and will hopefully going straight into the third year of uni once I'm finished here.

That strikes me as interesting because I live in a town occupied by the families of navy and military men. The reason I've moved around so much is because I'm from a forces family. My father is a chief in the navy, and before him my grandfather and step-gran were both working for the police. Even my best friend's younger brother is in the navy.
    Nov 28th come faster.

Blog Entries

Their daughter is only two as well! They split after four months of marriage. Coincidentally, my best friend of 18 years works at the same nursery the child goes too - the mother doesn't even pick up/drop off her own kid! It's kinda sad. I hate to say this about anyone (most of my friends from high school are now parents) but she's a terrible mother. .___.

I'll definitely remember because I'll seen this in the morning. I think. I know I'll remember somehow though. Promise. I'll even give you my opinion on it - positive or negative.

I will be self-publishing it, so it will have a limited audience. Basically, who I tell will know of it!

Where are you from?
    College for me is different from university. I'm in a lucky position where my course is vocational, so I'm doing an equivalent two to years of university and will hopefully get easier (and advanced) entry. I dropped out of high school when I was 17, took a gap year, then did two years of study at a further education college to build up my grades. Now I'm nearly finished with my first year at a higher education college (above an FE college) and will hopefully going straight into the third year of uni once I'm finished here.

That strikes me as interesting because I live in a town occupied by the families of navy and military men. The reason I've moved around so much is because I'm from a forces family. My father is a chief in the navy, and before him my grandfather and step-gran were both working for the police. Even my best friend's younger brother is in the navy.
    Talk about it. All you can really do is feel bad for the kid since it isn't her fault that she has a terrible mother.

Sounds cool! Do you mind if I add you to my friends list?

Well, not everyone can start large ^^; I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it in book stores! What will it be called?

The Internet. I'm just joking, the United States.

Huh, that is pretty interesting. Why did you drop out of high school?

I don't know joining though since I'm honestly not much of a confrontational person ^^;

Like I'm a really good shot (Or people have told me so) but I don't know if I could ever sign up willingly to use it for violence. I'm not a pacifist but I prefer not fighting.
    Also known as 'Tie'

Talk about it. All you can really do is feel bad for the kid since it isn't her fault that she has a terrible mother.

Sounds cool! Do you mind if I add you to my friends list?

Well, not everyone can start large ^^; I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it in book stores! What will it be called?

The Internet. I'm just joking, the United States.

Huh, that is pretty interesting. Why did you drop out of high school?

I don't know joining though since I'm honestly not much of a confrontational person ^^;

Like I'm a really good shot (Or people have told me so) but I don't know if I could ever sign up willingly to use it for violence. I'm not a pacifist but I prefer not fighting.

Yeah, I know. Even the mother's best friend left her side. I'm still friends with that person, and she misses the child but not the mother.

Go ahead. :)

The working title is Caged, but it'll change titles before it is published.

I had a feeling it would be the US... I can just tell by writing styles...

I dropped out high school because I hated it. I was on stress medication and I even got sent home one day for being "emotionally unstable" - complete bull, the head mistress just didn't like me. I left because I disliked her. But the year away from education helped me decide on an FE college - and if I hadn't gone to that college, I wouldn't be where I am now. I'm happy where I am now, because I met two of my best friends here (in contrast, I also met a sexually abusive person here, but he's been kicked out now because I reported him to the head of our course) and many other amazing people.

But why would you sign up then? I figured it would be obvious right from the beginning that you might need to harm a person.
    Nov 28th come faster.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know. Even the mother's best friend left her side. I'm still friends with that person, and she misses the child but not the mother.

Go ahead. :)

The working title is Caged, but it'll change titles before it is published.

I had a feeling it would be the US... I can just tell by writing styles...

I dropped out high school because I hated it. I was on stress medication and I even got sent home one day for being "emotionally unstable" - complete bull, the head mistress just didn't like me. I left because I disliked her. But the year away from education helped me decide on an FE college - and if I hadn't gone to that college, I wouldn't be where I am now. I'm happy where I am now, because I met two of my best friends here (in contrast, I also met a sexually abusive person here, but he's been kicked out now because I reported him to the head of our course) and many other amazing people.

But why would you sign up then? I figured it would be obvious right from the beginning that you might need to harm a person.
    I know that feeling all too well. I'm a bit of a rolling stone and sometimes when I come back to revisit old friends I find unpleasant surprises.

Thanks!

That's an interesting title.

You seem disappointed?

I'm glad everything turned out well for you in the end. Are you getting a Bachelor's in Writing?

I just feel that it would give me a purpose or something to work with. Traditional education never really appealed to me much to be completely honest.
    Also known as 'Tie'

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Adam Scott. That's all I need to say.

Well I should say more. Winner of Augusta.

Blog Entries

Follow Jistonmyface on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Adam Scott. That's all I need to say.

Well I should say more. Winner of Augusta.
    Ugh! Golf i'll pass.

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Don't knock it till you tried it or watched it. Plus the fashion is awesome.