The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1823

Page 1823 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 8231323172317731813182118221823182418251833187319232323 ... LastLast
Results 27,331 to 27,345 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

  1. #27331
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,553
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    I don't know much about British politics even being a Brit myself. I'm neither labour nor conservative. I support Plaid Cymru but I don't think any of you know who they are.
    Conservatives - Centre of Right
    Liberal Democrats - Centre
    Labour - Centre, leaning right.
    Green - Leftwing
    UKIP - Far Right
    BNP - Far Right
    SNP - Centre, leaning left

    Left - Liberal
    Right - Conservative

    British politics simplified :p
    maglev is invisible

  2. #27332
    I'm [not] a pirate Jolene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,233
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I fear to see what governments would look like when our generation takes over. Parliamet would be like the Youtube comments section.

    Y > X

  3. #27333
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Cariad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    8,880
    Blog Entries
    94
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Conservatives - Centre of Right
    Liberal Democrats - Centre
    Labour - Centre, leaning right.
    Green - Leftwing
    UKIP - Far Right
    BNP - Far Right
    SNP - Centre, leaning left

    Left - Liberal
    Right - Conservative

    British politics simplified :p
    Why don't we have teachers like you in school? xP

  4. #27334
    Happy mariowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    119

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    We all know Dutch politics are the best anyway. In what other countries do you have politicians yelling at each other to "act normal"?
    Also our prime minister is one of the best dressed leaders in the world.

    Yeah really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I fear to see what governments would look like when our generation takes over. Parliamet would be like the Youtube comments section.
    Yeah if they hide behind anonymous handles, well all politicians are meh. If someone with a moneybag shows up they'll do whatever.

    I also have a feeling our system isn't really working :/, we aren't go left nor are we going right we are going back. The only thing a government has to do is to copy past things from other countries that excel at these points. Lol that is maybe a bit to crude but whatever.
    Gone

  5. #27335
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,553
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Conservatives - Centre of Right
    Liberal Democrats - Centre
    Labour - Centre, leaning right.
    Green - Leftwing
    UKIP - Far Right
    BNP - Far Right
    SNP - Centre, leaning left

    Left - Liberal
    Right - Conservative

    British politics simplified :p
    Why don't we have teachers like you in school? xP
    Haha, no idea :p Sometimes you pick up more out of school than in :p
    maglev is invisible

  6. #27336
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    I also have a feeling our system isn't really working :/, we aren't go left nor are we going right we are going back. The only thing a government has to do is to copy past things from other countries that excel at these points. Lol that is maybe a bit to crude but whatever.
    Lol that sounds like something the PVV would totally use as its next slogan x) It still beats a two-party system if you ask me, better to have a lot of choice and just have them compromise than for half of the population to end up not being listened to. The Netherlands has been a land of compromises since its independence after all, poldermodel and all that.


  7. #27337
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Cariad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    8,880
    Blog Entries
    94
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Haha, no idea :p Sometimes you pick up more out of school than in :p
    Things I've learnt about on the internet include feminism, anti-racisim, equality, not to be homophobic, why we should care for people, etc. Things I've learnt inside school? What the product of x=738-345 is.

  8. #27338
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Land of imbeciles (USA)
    Posts
    133
    Blog Entries
    1
    Add reorio on Facebook

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    lol x = 785- 345. Fastest way to fake math smarts there.

  9. #27339
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,553
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Haha, no idea :p Sometimes you pick up more out of school than in :p
    Things I've learnt about on the internet include feminism, anti-racisim, equality, not to be homophobic, why we should care for people, etc. Things I've learnt inside school? What the product of x=738-345 is.
    I still feel that the maths that is taught in secondary school is, as a whole, pointless. In day to day real life I will never need to know how fast a fictional train travels and meets a second fictional train.
    Cariad likes this.
    maglev is invisible

  10. #27340
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Cariad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    8,880
    Blog Entries
    94
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by reorio View Post
    lol x = 785- 345. Fastest way to fake math smarts there.
    Good, because that's exactly what I was intending to do, fake smart maths.

  11. #27341
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Anyone can fake smart maths. Now faking smart glass, that takes skill.


  12. #27342
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Cariad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    8,880
    Blog Entries
    94
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Anyone can fake smart maths. Now faking smart glass, that takes skill.
    I blame this post for the fact that I just laughed really loud.

  13. #27343
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I remember somebody on a forum once saying "Fun fact about the BNP: all their members that I have seen are rather ugly."

    Anyway, holy shit, this thread has moved quite a bit in my absence. All I had was lunch and a therapist appointment!

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  14. #27344
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Haha, no idea :p Sometimes you pick up more out of school than in :p
    Things I've learnt about on the internet include feminism, anti-racisim, equality, not to be homophobic, why we should care for people, etc. Things I've learnt inside school? What the product of x=738-345 is.
    I still feel that the maths that is taught in secondary school is, as a whole, pointless. In day to day real life I will never need to know how fast a fictional train travels and meets a second fictional train.
    Oh, so you use parts of speech, classic literature, history and the plethora of other non-math topics that they teach in schools in day to day life then?
    Froakie likes this.
    That's nice.

  15. #27345
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Are we really going into the "usefulness in life" as a marker of whether a subject should be taught?

    Because as an academic, I should warn you all that this topic makes me rather...stabby.
    H-con likes this.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •