The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1760

Page 1760 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 7601260166017101750175817591760176117621770181018602260 ... LastLast
Results 26,386 to 26,400 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Ugh I need to clean this dump of an apartment before my friend comes over Sunday to watch Game of Thrones.

She's always talking about how me having cable is a "waste of money," and yet is eager to take advantage of my having HBO.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slap her and tell her to shut up or she needs not to watch GoT and she can watch her normal tv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Slap her and tell her to shut up or she needs not to watch GoT and she can watch her normal tv
    I'm thinking of telling her that she can help pay my cable bill if she's going to watch GoT over here.

Also, she torrents everything, certainly she can find it online somewhere. If she really can't, tough titties. God forbid you might have to pay for entertainment that other people put months or years of hard work into to make possible.

(I mean, I torrent things from time to time, but the fact that she almost never pays for books/music/TV/movies is something that kind of pisses me off as a friend who is hoping to have a career in one or more of those industries.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nasch View Post
    We don't have that many assignments this week because of the musical that a lot o' students are gonna be in. Next week's the one before break, though, so we're gonna be up to our necks ._.
    What musical? :o (sorry if you mentioned the title already)

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    I'm on break! Well... I don't have much left anyway. Spring Break is wayyyyyy to short.
    Agreed. @.@

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    One of the comments in response to the Seven Deadly Sins quiz blog post I made, is someone with 0% of both Lust and Pride.

Which is sad. Those are the two best sins!

We're all very high in Sloth, though. I mean, that's pretty much the entire Internet.
    I got:

On this quiz:

The internet comment is very accurate. :U

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Wow you guys suck at references.

You get a battering ram!
    The only thing I can think of this might refer to is fairly odd parents.
    My favorite episode is the one where Cosmo and Wanda pretend to be on TV and they spoof I Love Lucy and Seinfeld, among other things

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    It's a show about nothing!
    ...how do we know when it's over?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Yeah, first week of March. :( Thankfully my last exam is on April 30, so I'll be driving home on May 1. So only a month left. But a stressful, crappy month.
    Suckage, I was gonna say take advantage of spring break to catch up on things. :s But like you said, one more month. You can do eet! :D

And I'm working on an article about this, which sounds both potentially really cool and potentially really ineffective.
    Looks neat. :o Good luck with your article!

TUMBLR IS DOWN RIGHT NOW

WHAT CAN I DO
    CRY

Though thankfully that was hours ago and the near apocalypse has passed.

Blog Entries

And none of you got what I meant about Lust and Pride being the "best sins."

Since, you know, they're both related to a certain popular topic on this thread.

Blog Entries

No I got it, I just had nothing to add to said topic. :B

Blog Entries

@Kakuna Matata; So I took the 4degreez quiz. I think I remember taking this quiz in high school, along with the corresponding "what level of hell" one (which I'm not as much of a fan of, since whoever created it doesn't seem to understand the difference between "blasphemy" and "heresy").

Anyway, like the rest of the Internet, Sloth is the highest one. Funny how I score much higher on Lust when they're talking about thoughts and desires (and attitudes about sex, where I'm very open-minded) and not just actual sexual experience.

screen-shot-2013-03-30-2.13.35-am.png

(I don't really consider Lust a sin, though; I think it being seen that way is a relic of a sex-negative world. And relative to my previous statement, I don't think Pride is either unless it's undeserved. I think one of the major problems with the world is the wrong people are too full of themselves, and the people who are truly gifted and interesting and original are not confident enough.)

Also, I finished my article, on time this time! Add some comments you guys, because it didn't go up on our Tumblr (because it was posted during the Tumblr blackout) I'm not getting any yet.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 30th March 2013 at 01:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Funny how I score much higher on Lust when they're talking about thoughts and desires (and attitudes about sex, where I'm very open-minded) and not just actual sexual experience.
    Same. No offense to your quiz, but I think this one gives more...leyway? I seem like such a prude on the first one. xD

I wouldn't consider any of those sins (being agnostic-leaning-towards-atheist), but yeah, in excess none of those are good. (like being so lustful you can't manage to get anything productive done. er, productive in things other than producing offspring.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Funny how I score much higher on Lust when they're talking about thoughts and desires (and attitudes about sex, where I'm very open-minded) and not just actual sexual experience.
    Same. No offense to your quiz, but I think this one gives more...leyway? I seem like such a prude on the first one. xD
    Oh, none taken. Blogthings quizzes are mostly silly and that's why I love them. I just think that one is funny because of how much of an asshole it makes me out to be.

And I also think the way they define lust here is more correct in terms of how the Seven Deadly Sins were originally conceived. Early and medieval Christian theologians tended to see impure thoughts as bad enough on their own; you didn't actually have to be engaging in bad sexual acts to be doomed by lust.

(I took a whole class in this in undergrad. It was the aforementioned - in this thread - awesome class where we also learned about incubi/succubi and homunculi as well. Pre-modern Western attitudes about sex were really, hilariously fucked.)

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

Everyone knows Greed is the best sin.

After taking both of those quizzes, I got this:
    GBM's

KM's:
    Last edited by Windfall; 30th March 2013 at 08:01 AM.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I haven't taken either quiz because I'm too lazy to take them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I haven't taken either quiz because I'm too lazy to take them.
    Heh, don't worry, that makes two of us. They look pretty interesting though, maybe I'll give them a try later.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

XD my name change went a bit wrong. I'm gonna get it changed whenever an admin has time for it.

I'd take a quiz.. But I can't be arsed.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    XD my name change went a bit wrong. I'm gonna get it changed whenever an admin has time for it.
    Ghettomonk?! Where on Earth did that come from? xD

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post
    Ghettomonk?! Where on Earth did that come from? xD
    Lol. Just wanted a big change. Sick of being Fab now.
    maglev is invisible