The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1758
Page 1758 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 7581258165817081748175617571758175917601768180818582258 ... LastLast
Results 26,356 to 26,370 of 41324

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I dunno, I just think no one is perfect and I don't like how one non-perfect person is trying to deride other people for not being perfect. Only a perfect person would be allowed to do that, but doing so would make them not perfect because being perfect means being allowed to criticize others but still not doing it.
    I don't think you have to be "perfect" to be able to criticize other people for being annoying.

I'm certainly far from perfect and I do a lot of that.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nobody is perrfect. Except God, but he isn't a person.

I've had my fair share of holier than thou moments.

Y > X

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I dunno, I just think no one is perfect and I don't like how one non-perfect person is trying to deride other people for not being perfect. Only a perfect person would be allowed to do that, but doing so would make them not perfect because being perfect means being allowed to criticize others but still not doing it.
    I don't think you have to be "perfect" to be able to criticize other people for being annoying.

I'm certainly far from perfect and I do a lot of that.
    I know you don't, but doing that is annoying sometimes. Watch, I can do what he does too:

"Newsflash honey: The world doesn’t owe you shit." Okay, thank you for the constructive criticism. I'm glad the world has you to tell us these things. Now go get some high fives from everyone who agrees with you and feel better about yourself.

"Oh really? You actually care who wins this game of Scrabble? Like, you’re going to get legitimately upset if you don’t win? Great. You’re a super fantastic person to be around." Yeah, I do care. I can't help it, it's a vice and I'm trying to get rid of it. If it really bothers you that much then just don't play me in Scrabble. Instead you can just hang out alone in your room and go fuck yourself, and that way you won't have to be exposed to all the annoying peons who exhibit the involuntary traits that you so nonchalantly deride.
    That's nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

It's alright to criticize others as long as you understand your own flaws. You can't make even yourself perfect, and if someone's really getting on your nerves you have the right to be bothered by it. Everyone has good and bad qualities, which is what makes them different. Some people are just embracing their bad qualities more than others, and it's alright to complain some about them, if they're really going overboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nasch View Post
    It's alright to criticize others as long as you understand your own flaws. You can't make even yourself perfect, and if someone's really getting on your nerves you have the right to be bothered by it. Everyone has good and bad qualities, which is what makes them different. Some people are just embracing their bad qualities more than others, and it's alright to complain some about them.
    Obvs, but criticizing others for having annoying qualities while having the attitude that you're right and you have all the answers I have a problem with.
    That's nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nasch View Post
    It's alright to criticize others as long as you understand your own flaws. You can't make even yourself perfect, and if someone's really getting on your nerves you have the right to be bothered by it. Everyone has good and bad qualities, which is what makes them different. Some people are just embracing their bad qualities more than others, and it's alright to complain some about them, if they're really going overboard.
    But see, I think the writer does admit that s/he (didn't check the name) has faults elsewhere in the article.

@TheMissingno.; I kind of get it with what you mean about competitiveness; I think a lot of people bitching about "competitive people" are people who are just insecure that they aren't good at whatever thing that is. Like, when people bitch about people who "take karaoke seriously" I can't help but read that as "I'm insecure because I can't sing." Like, whatever bitch, I'm not going to apologize for having nice pipes (by karaoke standards, anyway) to assuage your fragile ego. I hang around music majors all the time, where I'm not a "great singer" because I'm not studying to be a professional opera singer. When I'm around a group of non-musicians, let me have my chance to show it off.

But then again, I have met those people who are unable not to be competitive about any game, even if it's just a drunken round of Apples to Apples that clearly nobody else is taking very seriously. And they can be major buzzkills in any situation that they're in, when everyone else is trying to have a good time and they keep turning it around to how bent-out-of-shape they are that they only have two green cards and everyone else has at least four.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey hey today was boring so, how was your day ?

Edit:I also got my Ace attorney game in the mail the booklet is in German I wonder if the game is the same :d.
    Edit2: it is, it is well no I have a reason to use my German agian.
    Last edited by mariowie; 29th March 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: kapow kaboom :o, kablam
    Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@mariowie; I was gonna say, if you don't want it you could send it to me, since I'm trying to get my German reading skills better.

Anyway, I just ate three slices of pepperoni pizza, because I was hungry as fuck.
    And I'm working on an article about this, which sounds both potentially really cool and potentially really ineffective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday ; Mein Deutsch is nicht so slecht :d.
    I will send you it if I am done with it, these games don't really have a high replay value :d.
    Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have French orals in a month. My professor keeps bitching me to "put in extra to make it seem like you know the language" and yells at me when I forget words.

Unless you're around people who speak the language all the time, it is very hard to get good at speaking.

Y > X

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't speak any other language apart from English. I took French classes at school but I only know a handful of words.

I also had pizza today! It was garlic and chicken. Nice but sickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I have French orals in a month. My professor keeps bitching me to "put in extra to make it seem like you know the language" and yells at me when I forget words.

Unless you're around people who speak the language all the time, it is very hard to get good at speaking.
    Yeah, my French reading skills are much much better than my French speaking skills.

You'll probably do fine with your orals, though. After all, it's not like your classmates are getting to jet-set to France or Quebec to practice either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post

Yeah, my French reading skills are much much better than my French speaking skills.

You'll probably do fine with your orals, though. After all, it's not like your classmates are getting to jet-set to France or Quebec to practice either.
    One of my classmates is from France. He just took French for a free pass. He's such a douche during Oral practice, using phrases us English people would never know and reading fluent as fuck.

Y > X

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One of my classmates is from France. He just took French for a free pass. He's such a douche during Oral practice, using phrases us English people would never know and reading fluent as fuck.
    Well, he's an exception, I doubt he'll ruin the class for the rest of you unless your professor is an ass.

And that's so weird to me. One of my sister's friends in middle school was from France, and they had to pick Spanish or French for a quarter of a language requirement. She wanted Spanish, but because it filled up, she got stuck with French. She didn't want to take it because, well, it was brain-numbingly easy for her (this was French I, so, like, colors and numbers and shit). Her parents had to pull a ridiculous number of strings to get her moved to Spanish.

I don't understand wanting to review basic, basic shit like that in your mother tongue just for an easy A. Then again, I'm a bit of a language geek. I'm like "French and German aren't hard enough! Let's learn Russian! And then Japanese! ALL THE LANGUAGES!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am really bad with learning languages :c. But learning French would be something or Spanish.

I also met a Dutch couple on a bus stop they where talking French to each other, yeah it is romantic but stop that :|
    Gone