The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1719
Page 1719 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 71912191619166917091717171817191720172117291769181922192719 ... LastLast
Results 25,771 to 25,785 of 41324

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

I like chess, although I'm not great at strategy games.

I can be a talkative and carefree person when I'm not at places like school. There I'm pretty awkward, and I don't really talk unless I feel like I have something important to say. It irritates me when people say I'm shy, or that I never talk, since I don't want to be that way. I want to be more like Yuma Tsukumo, from ZeXal :p .

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I've been playing chess fairly often for the past 8 months or so. I think I'm getting okay at it.
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

My year six teacher was obsessed with chess. He'd stop the class sometimes, completely disregard our education, and make us play random games of chess with each other. He even held tournaments after school and whatnot. I'm pretty damn good at chess, entered a few tournaments back in primary school and we have a board at home which I use now and again.

twitter / steam / last.fm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nasch View Post
    I like chess, although I'm not great at strategy games.

I can be a talkative and carefree person when I'm not at places like school. There I'm pretty awkward, and I don't really talk unless I feel like I have something important to say. It irritates me when people say I'm shy, or that I never talk, since I don't want to be that way. I want to be more like Yuma Tsukumo, from ZeXal :p .
    Same here. There's a clear difference from shyness and just being quiet. XD

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

I have a massive difference in personality from here and when I'm at school. I'm always shy, antisocial, ditzy and reserved in school, and I never really speak to anyone apart from my friends and people from my class. I'm much more outgoing here and on other websites than outside of the internet. ^^;

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    My year six teacher was obsessed with chess. He'd stop the class sometimes, completely disregard our education, and make us play random games of chess with each other. He even held tournaments after school and whatnot. I'm pretty damn good at chess, entered a few tournaments back in primary school and we have a board at home which I use now and again.
    Do you want to play some time?
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    If we're talking an internet match of chess, sure thing! That sounds quite interesting actually.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND! @TheMissingno.;

Cool set, what are the pictures of?
    They're the kings of Poland. My mom got it for me a few years ago when she was on a trip there.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

If we're talking an internet match of chess, sure thing! That sounds quite interesting actually.
    Okay, we have to do it some time when I'm not at work. Make a chess.com account if you don't already have one.
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries

I'll probably ending up making an account on that site but I can't play right now, I have an article to write.

Anyway, I learned how to play chess from reading an article in Muse (this geeky science-and-other-nerdy-things magazine I would read in elementary and middle school) about the chess match in the first Harry Potter movie. They explained the basics of chess for those of who were noobs and then showed how that one went down. Apparently a chess-playing computer would have sacrificed Harry's bishop rather than Ron's knight. But of course, Harry had to go on to deal with the Stone, so that couldn't have happened.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Okay, we have to do it some time when I'm not at work. Make a chess.com account if you don't already have one.
    I'm off school for the next two weeks so I'm free anytime, just gimme a shout when you're free. And I don't have one, I'll make one later, presumably. :P

Trophies
    Blog Entries

HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND! @TheMissingno.;

Cool set, what are the pictures of?
    They're the kings of Poland. My mom got it for me a few years ago when she was on a trip there.
    Awesome, it is a beautiful board. I wish I could play on it some time.

I'll probably ending up making an account on that site but I can't play right now, I have an article to write.

Anyway, I learned how to play chess from reading an article in Muse (this geeky science-and-other-nerdy-things magazine I would read in elementary and middle school) about the chess match in the first Harry Potter movie. They explained the basics of chess for those of who were noobs and then showed how that one went down. Apparently a chess-playing computer would have sacrificed Harry's bishop rather than Ron's knight.
    Yeah neither can I right now. I do make moves on slow games at work, but I don't go on live.

I learned how to play chess in elementary school but I didn't really start playing often until recently.

I'm off school for the next two weeks so I'm free anytime, just gimme a shout when you're free. And I don't have one, I'll make one later, presumably. :P
    Okay, I'm free in the evening, so probably fairly late for you.
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries

Talking about the first Harry Potter book reminds me of how there was this animated gif that was all the rage on Photobucket around the time that the first FMA anime was airing on Adult Swim, where Harry Potter and Edward Elric reach the Philosopher's Stone and look at each other and say "Back off bitch! The Stone's mine!"

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Talking about the first Harry Potter book reminds me of how there was this animated gif that was all the rage on Photobucket around the time that the first FMA anime was airing on Adult Swim, where Harry Potter and Edward Elric reach the Philosopher's Stone and look at each other and say "Back off bitch! The Stone's mine!"
    Edward Elric would destroy the Harry Potter of the first book.
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries

Edward Elric would destroy the Harry Potter of the first book.
    Yeah, probably.

I think they might be more evenly-matched in later books, though.