The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1702

Page 1702 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 70212021602165216921700170117021703170417121752180222022702 ... LastLast
Results 25,516 to 25,530 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    Hey kids.

Over the weekend I was drinking a little, and as I do, I was on eBay. Turns out I placed a bid, and won, three Radiohead CD singles. My first reaction was "fuck! More money." But it was only a couple pounds. So I bought Airbag/How Am I Driving, Paranoid Android (CD2) and Karma Police.

Drunk me spends too much.
    Fab, fab, fab ... you typical Scotsman, making bids while drunk. >:P I'm kidding of course, good job winning the bid. Eh, I like one or two Radiohead songs, I haven't really listened to them that much at all. I wish I could buy things off the internet, it sure looks enjoyable.
    Drinking and buying stuff is fun though :D I have some other CDs to be delivered, those were sober purchases though :p
    maglev is invisible

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

So my birthday is coming up.

Anyone who wants to buy me the Madoka original soundtrack, or Madoka DVDs, be my guest.

In all seriousness, I think I'm going to have to show my composition professor my other piece I'm working on (a string orchestra + saxophone thing - thinking of changing the instruments - about the Great Lakes, sort of my goodbye to Michigan) or this flute piece I wrote a year ago that needs some serious improvement in the third movement because it's bleh. It's so clear that I just pulled that movement out of my ass to get the stupid work done.

I just wish I wasn't so musically not-inspired lately. Ugh. Or I could bring him the marimba concertino I'm supposed to be working on, but have done nothing with since our last lesson.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Buying music is cool.

I usually make it a point to never buy stuff when I'm drunk. Except for food.
    That's nice.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Buying music is cool.

Wise words, my friend.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Just don't buy food when you're high.

Also, oh god, I spent way too much money on St. Patrick's Day. I was at this Irish pub in Cambridge and I didn't notice until I got in there how expensive it was, but I'd already ordered a beer and my stomach was grumbling. I ended up getting a mussels appetizer (I love mussels) rather than something more "Irish" because it was cheaper.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    But that's the best time to buy food =/
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Haha. Well, it is as long as you're buying cheap crap you plan to devour ASAP.

Going grocery shopping while high would be terrible on the wallet though.

Also, this is reminding me of how when I was a grocery store cashier, we had a regular customer who would always come in drunk. (I always had trouble working out that thought process. Who is like "Let's get shitfaced and then buy lettuce!" I guess she was an alcoholic.) I remember during the holiday season I was so worried I'd get one of those annoying "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!" people (because I always said "Happy Holidays" since we had a lot of Jewish customers) but the only one I got was her....the day before Thanksgiving. She slurred "Happy Thanksgiving, I always say that instead of Happy Holiday, I think that's rude" and I was like...is this an issue with Thanksgiving?

The customer after her looked at her and then me and mimed a "glug glug glug" thing. I think I laughed a little too much.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Haha. Well, it is as long as you're buying cheap crap you plan to devour ASAP.

Going grocery shopping while high would be terrible on the wallet though.

Also, this is reminding me of how when I was a grocery store cashier, we had a regular customer who would always come in drunk. (I always had troubled working out that thought process. Like, who is like "Let's get shitfaced and then buy lettuce!") I remember during the holiday season I was so worried I'd get one of those annoying "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!" people (because I always said "Happy Holidays" since we had a lot of Jewish customers) but the only one I got was her....the day before Thanksgiving. She slurred "Happy Thanksgiving, I always say that instead of Happy Holiday, I think that's rude" and I was like...is this an issue with Thanksgiving?

The customer after her even came to me and looked at her and mimed a "glug glug glug" thing. I think I laughed a little too much.
    These days I usually just order a pizza. Though I don't really get high very often anymore. It can be fun with friends, but if I'm just sitting home I feel kind of stupid. But yeah ordering a pizza is the way to go.

My best drug related cashier story was when these two 16-looking year old kids came to the counter with like 20 things of whipped cream. I just started laughing as I rang them up and they were like "what, we're having a... whipped cream party," and I was just like "lol have fun you two."
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

@TheMissingno.; Haha, that's definitely funnier than anything that happened to me. I mean, I'm sure there were more interesting incidents involving Drunk Grocery Shopping Lady, but that's the only one I remember. Probably because of the subsequent customer's reaction to it all.

I remember people used to get really pissed-off at me when I'd ID them for cigarettes (my store didn't sell booze) when they were in their 20s. We're supposed to ID anyone who looks under 30! And some of them really did legit look like teenagers. It's not an insult. I look like I'm 18 or something and I always get long death glares at my ID from bartenders/liquor store cashiers.

(Speaking of my youthful looks, there were several times while I was working there when customers or coworkers took my "I'm a senior" to mean "I'm a senior in high school" rather than in "I'm a senior in college." So annoying!)
    TheMissingno. likes this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I never IDed people who bought cigarettes. I was a little libertarian anarchist teenager so that was my way of raging against the machine.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

See, I was such a lazy fuck-up in that job that I kind of had to follow rules to the latter wherever I could, to keep from getting fired.

There were also people who were young-enough-looking that you knew they would think it was suspicious if you didn't ID them.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Usually for me people who looked young would be good citizens and give me their ID anyway.

I didn't let counterfeiters go though. If you're going to make fake $100 bills at least take some pride in your work. Money is not actually made of paper and it's very easy to tell the difference.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I never had to deal with those people. I did have people who'd accidentally pay with foreign money, but that usually just was a mistake and ended in an amusing conversation about my coin-collecting habits. Some woman actually gave me Emirati and Singaporean coins because of that!

Re: IDs, we also had a thing on the machine that wouldn't let you add cigarettes to their total without reminding you to check their IDs and entering a birthdate. With older people I would just add a fake birthdate but with younger people it made me feel guilty and I would check their IDs.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I never had to deal with those people. I did have people who'd accidentally pay with foreign money, but that usually just was a mistake and ended in an amusing conversation about my coin-collecting habits. Some woman actually gave me Emirati and Singaporean coins because of that!
    They bitched so hard when I called them out on their fake money. "But I just got this bill from X place!" Well tough luck buddy, even if that is true it's not my fault you got taken for a ride. We apparently had a big problem with counterfeit bills.

Re: IDs, we also had a thing on the machine that wouldn't let you add cigarettes to their total without reminding you to check their IDs and entering a birthdate. With older people I would just add a fake birthdate but with younger people it made me feel guilty and I would check their IDs.
    We just had a thing that said "did you check their ID?" and all I had to do was hit "yes."
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

If the comments on this ThoughtCatalog article I just read is relevant, there are a lot of women, like, my age who are attracted to Christoph Waltz.

I mean, he's one of my favorite actors, but that's a little weird.

Then again, I totally had the hots for Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice so maybe I shouldn't talk.

But also, Waltz usually plays villains. Firth usually doesn't. (Except in Shakespeare in Love, and that's one of the many reasons I hate that movie and think it winning Best Picture is one of the great travesties of film history.)