The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1698

Page 1698 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 69811981598164816881696169716981699170017081748179821982698 ... LastLast
Results 25,456 to 25,470 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I just feel so cliche that my favorite band is The Beatles.

But, I mean, c'mon. They're just SO GOOD. My musical taste has changed by leaps and bounds since I first became a Beatles fan, but they've always been at the top, at least when it comes to other popular music. (I think comparing The Beatles to, like, Wagner or Beethoven or something is too apples and oranges.)
    Same with me and Pink Floyd. They will always be my favesies no matter what.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post

But, I mean, c'mon. They're just SO GOOD. My musical taste has changed by leaps and bounds since I first became a Beatles fan, but they've always been at the top, at least when it comes to other popular music. (I think comparing The Beatles to, like, Wagner or Beethoven or something is too apples and oranges.)

I really really like some Floyd albums. Especially their early stuff with Syd Barrett, and the stuff around the time of WYWH/Dark Side. But there are others I'm kind of meh about. But the Floyd stuff I like, I really really REALLY like.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't listen to them as much as I should, but my mom has that one collection with the big yellow 1 on it, and I was really impressed with how much there is on it when I looked at the back. Definitely hijacking it someday. :D Radiohead are my favorites because I've gotten more out of them than any other band, and also that there is literally not a single thing they've made that I haven't thouroughly enjoyed.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

They're just SO GOOD
    After hearing them way too much in various car trips when I was younger, I can't say I agree much.

I've been listening to Mord Fustang and some Wolfgang Gartner lately. Looking specially forward to more of the former.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

I don't listen to them as much as I should, but my mom has that one collection with the big yellow 1 on it, and I was really impressed with how much there is on it when I looked at the back. Definitely hijacking it someday. :D Radiohead are my favorites because I've gotten more out of them than any other band, and also that there is literally not a single thing they've made that I haven't thouroughly enjoyed.
    Dude, you really need to listen to more Beatles, definitely. 1 is great, but it's their no. 1 singles, and to me, what really makes them so significant and awesome are their albums, and a lot of the stuff that wasn't released as singles - particularly as they got more experimental. Grab Sgt. Pepper, Revolver and The White Album to start.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The Beatles are the best rock band, my top 5 would include Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Black Sabbath and Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Cliche as fuck.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I really really like some Floyd albums. Especially their early stuff with Syd Barrett, and the stuff around the time of WYWH/Dark Side. But there are others I'm kind of meh about. But the Floyd stuff I like, I really really REALLY like.
    Each of their albums have been my favorite at one point in time. As I've settled as a fan I've decided that Dark Side of the Moon is actually my favorite, but I do like them all. I don't expect normal people to like something like Ummagumma though.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Fun fact! I have a book that I got from the publishers' fair at the American Musicological Society conference last year, that is all scholarly writings on Revolver. It is awesome.

I don't expect normal people to like something like Ummagumma though.
    Oh, I like that one. It's more their later stuff that leaves me kind of cold.

Like, I think The Wall is kind of overrated. I more like individual tracks on it than the album as a whole.

(I'm also probably not "normal" when it comes to tastes in popular music, probably because of the classical music education, particularly the modern classical music one.)
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 19th March 2013 at 05:15 PM.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude, you really need to listen to more Beatles, definitely. 1 is great, but it's their no. 1 singles, and to me, what really makes them so significant and awesome are their albums, and a lot of the stuff that wasn't released as singles - particularly as they got more experimental. Grab Sgt. Pepper, Revolver and The White Album to start.
    My parents played Sgt. Pepper and Yellow Submarine a lot when I was little, so I at least have that going for me. xD The Beatles are such a cultural icon that it'll be easy to pick them up whenever I like. There are so many copies of the white album on vinyl at my local record store.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    My parents played Sgt. Pepper and Yellow Submarine a lot when I was little, so I at least have that going for me. xD The Beatles are such a cultural icon that it'll be easy to pick them up whenever I like. There are so many copies of the white album on vinyl at my local record store.
    You should see if you can get one of the ones with a poster included, like when it was originally released in 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    The Beatles are the best rock band, my top 5 would include Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Black Sabbath and Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Cliche as fuck.
    I approve of all these choices.

Top five popular music artists, at the moment, would probably be:

1. The Beatles
    2. Talking Heads
    3. The Velvet Underground
    4. Cream
    5. Either Radiohead or The Clash

Blog Entries

My top 5 at the moment would be

Echospace
    Cv313
    Gas
    Basic Channel
    Luomo

None of those are bands though :p I just dig electronic music more.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

This discussion has now inspired me to indulge my love of early Floyd.

I remember a boy I liked in 10th grade made me a CD of a bunch of Floyd albums (that I can't find! ugh) and I played the shit out of A Saucerful of Secrets and this was my favorite track on it.

God, if only I hadn't acted like such a psychopath around everyone I crushed on in high school, he actually had potential, man. There was chemistry and shit. Legit chemistry. And he's still cute even today! (if Facebook is anything to go by)

Blog Entries

I remember the night I first heard Dark Side of the Moon. I couldn't get to sleep because of some car alarm, and it was school night. I had downloaded DSOTM earlier and I plugged it in, just to listen to and drift off. I stayed awake for the whole album, mesmerised by the sheer beauty of it.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I remember the night I first heard Dark Side of the Moon. I couldn't get to sleep because of some car alarm, and it was school night. I had downloaded DSOTM earlier and I plugged it in, just to listen to and drift off. I stayed awake for the whole album, mesmerised by the sheer beauty of it.
    It really is an amazing little work of music.

I want to listen to it high. I have smoked pot on how many occasions now? and never done this?
    I feel like a bad psychedelic rock fan/stoner.

Blog Entries

It really is an amazing little work of music.

I want to listen to it high. I have smoked pot on how many occasions now? and never done this?
    I feel like a bad psychedelic rock fan/stoner.
    Oh you should. Or you could cut crack on top of the cd case.
    maglev is invisible