The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1697

Page 1697 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 69711971597164716871695169616971698169917071747179721972697 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,455 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

My CD collection is a stack of CDs sitting in my car.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    That's nice.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    One single, no EPs. Most singles/EPs I'd want are vinyl only, so I only have mp3s.
    Oh, I see. Reminds of the only time I've ever seen a physical copy of Radiohead's Kid A, and it was on vinyl. ;_; WHY MUST THEIR BEST ALBUM BE THE HARDEST TO FIND

I've only ordered one physical thing off of the Internet (that Floor compendium I mentioned a while back), and I can't remember how many albums I have on MP3, but it's probably less than ten. MP3s and the Internet in general is such a chore and a pain to me when it comes to music, I just look around the stores and the various nooks and crannies where music might be hiding to keep it nice and simple. Plus that has a sense of accomplishment and even adventure to it that I sorely need these days.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

God I'm so glad I found my earbuds. I thought I lost them!

So I feel like everything about my post in "dream girl/guy" reads as "Rose will be dating her fingers for the foreseeable future."

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

I've only ordered one physical thing off of the Internet (that Floor compendium I mentioned a while back), and I can't remember how many albums I have on MP3, but it's probably less than ten. MP3s and the Internet in general is such a chore and a pain to me when it comes to music, I just look around the stores and the various nooks and crannies where music might be hiding to keep it nice and simple. Plus that has a sense of accomplishment and even adventure to it that I sorely need these days.
    Kid A would be easy to find on Amazon or eBay. Now finding the two disc version of Liumin was very difficult, but I got it eventually :D
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean, I'm not a Radiohead super-fan (I mean, they are one of my favorite bands, but I don't feel like I have the depth of obsession with Radiohead that so many of their HUGE fans have) - but I'm kind of surprised that Kid A is hard to find in any form.

Anyway, because I apparently haven't gotten enough of "stupid ultra-divisive fandom debates" from the 2003 FMA anime vs. Brotherhood debate, where do you guys stand on the whole "early, alt-rock, The Bends Radiohead" vs. "later, trippier, Kid A Radiohead" thing? ("You guys" meaning any Radiohead fans in the thread.)

I know this is kind of a weird way of framing it because they're gone in different directions with their most recent albums, but I'm still just amazed at how many post-OKC Radiohead haters there are out there. Kid A is the whole reason I'm a Radiohead fan!

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Post Kid A > Pre Kid A
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Then again, I almost always prefer a band in their "experimental" or "trippy" phase if they have one.

I also like the Beatles' mid-sixties albums the best, too (though, doesn't everyone?)

I just think sticking to one genre or style or way of playing/writing is boring. As a composer myself, I would never want to be boxed in like that. There's so much good music out there in the world, why limit yourself to one small fraction of it?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    So I feel like everything about my post in "dream girl/guy" reads as "Rose will be dating her fingers for the foreseeable future."
    Okay, let's see how I did.

-Intelligent and values education.
    Check of course (rocket scientist and all that)

-Can carry on conversations about various "high culture" topics I care about (like classic literature or films, classical music, etc.) but isn't a snob - and particularly, won't make fun of me for some of my geekier or more "embarrassing" pop cultural interests.
    Maybe film, but I'm not really up on classic literature or music.

-Open-minded, not sexist, racist, homophobic, etc.
    check

-Nice person, funny, all that kind of stuff.
    That's for you to decide

-Is not someone who is "clingy" or needs to be in a relationship to be happy. Independent and will give me my own space.
    check

-Has at least some interest in politics/what is going on in the world.
    check

And probably left-of-center - otherwise, I think we'd be constantly at each others' throats.
    Not sure where I stand politically, I usually try to see everyone's reasoning

-Gives at least a few shits about basic personal hygiene/how they present themselves to the world. So sick of dudes with greasy hair. Ugggghhhh puke in my mouth.
    check

Physically, in men I don't like them to be shorter than me,
    check

and I'm not that into long-haired guys
    check

I usually am into people who have kind of a geeky or scholarly look to them. Glasses, sweaters, you know what I mean.
    Usually not exactly, but could make it happen if I really wanted to impress someone

How'd I do?
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean, I'm not a Radiohead super-fan (I mean, they are one of my favorite bands, but I don't feel like I have the depth of obsession with Radiohead that so many of their HUGE fans have) - but I'm kind of surprised that Kid A is hard to find in any form.

Anyway, because I apparently haven't gotten enough of "stupid ultra-divisive fandom debates" from the 2003 FMA anime vs. Brotherhood debate, where do you guys stand on the whole "early, alt-rock, The Bends Radiohead" vs. "later, trippier, Kid A Radiohead" thing? ("You guys" meaning any Radiohead fans in the thread.)

I know this is kind of a weird way of framing it because they're gone in different directions with their most recent albums, but I'm still just amazed at how many post-OKC Radiohead haters there are out there. Kid A is the whole reason I'm a Radiohead fan!
    I like both for their own reasons. I really respect a band that creates great music while sticking to standard conventions like they did early on, but now that Kid A happened and they started down the road of Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac and all that, they just completely blew my mind, and that's cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

Kid A would be easy to find on Amazon or eBay. Now finding the two disc version of Liumin was very difficult, but I got it eventually :D
    I'm sure I could get it easily on the Internet, but there's no fun in that. ;D Just remember that I got my copy of their first album for two bucks at a thrift store. I'll did Kid A someday.

God I'm so glad I found my earbuds. I thought I lost them!

Hunt in record stores, only super cool and sexy people like me go to record stores.

Blog Entries

Then again, I almost always prefer a band in their "experimental" or "trippy" phase if they have one.

I also like the Beatles' mid-sixties albums the best, too (though, doesn't everyone?)

I just think sticking to one genre or style or way of playing/writing is boring. As a composer myself, I would never want to be boxed in like that. There's so much good music out there in the world, why limit yourself to one small fraction of it?
    I like their psychedelic period more than their standard pop rock phase, so post Rubber Soul.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I like their psychedelic period more than their standard pop rock phase, so post Rubber Soul.
    Same. I mean, I love everything The Beatles did, but Rubber Soul through the White Album is the reason I'm so obsessed with them, and the reason they are as influential and important as they are. And the reason they inspired me to start writing music.

Basically, don't get me started talking about The Beatles, lol.

Blog Entries

I used to be more obsessed with The Beatles and Radiohead.

Nowadays I'm all over Basic Channel and Deepchord.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Same. I mean, I love everything The Beatles did, but Rubber Soul through the White Album is the reason I'm so obsessed with them, and the reason they are as influential and important as they are. And the reason they inspired me to start writing music.

Basically, don't get me started talking about The Beatles, lol.
    You got me talking about CDs and Radiohead. I think it's your turn to geek out. :I

Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday; Dating someone with a different idealogy that you could work. Opposites do attract. Look at James Carville and his wife.

Y > X

Blog Entries

I just feel so cliche that my favorite band is The Beatles.

But, I mean, c'mon. They're just SO GOOD. My musical taste has changed by leaps and bounds since I first became a Beatles fan, but they've always been at the top, at least when it comes to other popular music. (I think comparing The Beatles to, like, Wagner or Beethoven or something is too apples and oranges.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    @Goodbye Blue Monday; Dating someone with a different idealogy that you could work. Opposites do attract. Look at James Carville and his wife.
    Trust me, I know what I'm talking about when I say it wouldn't work for me. I've tried this. I can - and do - have conservative friends, but couldn't date someone who is so radically different from me on what to me are basic moral issues.

And how James Carville and Mary Matalin do it still boggles my mind, because most people I've seen who have radically different political views who work as a couple, it's because it's not that important to them.

(Should probably note that certain issues are more important than others. I couldn't date someone who disagreed with me on something like gay rights - I mean, I'm bisexual, that's going to cause a lot of problems - and couldn't date a guy who thinks abortion or birth control are morally wrong. It's not as important if we disagree, say, on how to balance the budget or something like that.)
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 19th March 2013 at 05:06 PM.