The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1696

Page 1696 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 69611961596164616861694169516961697169817061746179621962696 ... LastLast
Results 25,426 to 25,440 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

I miss when my CD collection was all organized and shit. Being a student and moving more often makes that hard.

(Plus almost all of it's in my computer now, makes me care a little less about how easily I can find a CD.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

I think I should take a picture of my CD collection someday. I'm sure @maria; at least would like that. :B
    I would :)
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

We just got in a weird, off-topic aesthetics debate about modern classical music in this class.

I'm apparently the only Steve Reich fangirl in this class.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

My mom told me she has an ABBA cassette somewhere in the house. Since I'm still in the closet, I have to search for it when she's not around.

I WILL FIND YOU LEGENDARY ABBA CASSETTE!
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Y > X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Since I'm still in the closet
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

okay, sorry, I couldn't resist. carry on.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post

I think I should take a picture of my CD collection someday. I'm sure @maria; at least would like that. :B
    I would :)
    Maybe later or something, pfffffft I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I miss when my CD collection was all organized and shit. Being a student and moving more often makes that hard.

(Plus almost all of it's in my computer now, makes me care a little less about how easily I can find a CD.)
    My CDs are sorted alphabetically by artist, then chronology. Radiohead is reserved for the top of the stack because they're the best band ever and stuff. Then I have a littler stack to the side of it for unusually-packaged CDs (you know, stuff like sleeves and boxes and jackets and stuff instead of the usual case), which I sort based on how delicate I think they are, but if there are a few of them from a single band then I'll put them together anyway. For instance, at the top of the stack is a Sigur Ros CD that I'm pretty sure is packaged in some kind of card-board material, and at the bottom is this giant Pearl Jam double album that folds out and junk.

Man, I'm such a nerd.

Blog Entries

I separate the classical stuff, the jazz, the popular music, the world music and the soundtracks, and alphabetize them by band or composer.

I also, like you @Jack Pschitt;, give my favorite band (The Beatles) a special place of honor. My Beethoven box set and Wagner's Ring Cycle also have their own places of honor as well, though mostly because they're huge.

(for those who may also be opera geeks, I have the Georg Solti Ring from the late 50s/early 60s. It's badass.)

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I don't really have a CD collection. My parents have back home, but as far as I'm aware, it's mostly a clusterfuck.

I keep a bunch of back ups of my house collection on assorted devices though.

Also, god damn conclusion, I can't find a good way of phrasing it on my report.

Blog Entries

(for those who may also be opera geeks, I have the Georg Solti Ring from the late 50s/early 60s. It's badass.)
    Interestingly, I've been trying to sell one on my charity's eBay account, no takers so it'll be out down into the shop floor soon, for a fraction of the price.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I also, like you, give my favorite band (The Beatles) a special place of honor. My Beethoven box set and Wagner's Ring Cycle also have their own places of honor as well, though mostly because they're huge.
    Oh, I do that, too, for this gigantic collection of everything an obscure Floridian sludge metal band called Floor ever recorded. It traverses their early years all the way through to their third recorded - but first actually released - album, at which point they broke up, so it's not completely awesome all the way through and a good portion of it is really rather crap, but the band acknowledges that in the liner notes, so it's all good. xD Their frontman went on to form Torche, who've become successful enough that I can actually talk to other people who've heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    My mom told me she has an ABBA cassette somewhere in the house. Since I'm still in the closet, I have to search for it when she's not around.

I WILL FIND YOU LEGENDARY ABBA CASSETTE!
    I have precisely two cassettes along with my butt-load of CDs. U2 and Count Basie, yo. Kids don't even know what they're missing out on.

Blog Entries

Interestingly, I've been trying to sell one on my charity's eBay account, no takers so it'll be out down into the shop floor soon, for a fraction of the price.
    Wait, you've been trying to sell a copy of the Solti Ring? Or another Ring Cycle recording? I might be interested if it's the latter.

There are not a lot of pieces of music where I feel the need to collect multiple recordings, but Der Ring is one of them.

Blog Entries

Wait, you've been trying to sell a copy of the Solti Ring? Or another Ring Cycle recording? I might be interested if it's the latter.

There are not a lot of pieces of music where I feel the need to collect multiple recordings, but Der Ring is one of them.
    Amazon.com: Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen (Ring Cycle): Vienna State Opera Choir, Kirsten Flagstad, Paul Kuen, George London, Jean Madeira, Ira Malaniuk, Gustav Neidlinger, Hetty Plumacher, Sir Georg Solti, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra: Music

That version.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

@maria; Alas, it's exactly the same one! But if you want maybe I can tell some of the opera geeks I know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    I don't really have a CD collection. My parents have back home, but as far as I'm aware, it's mostly a clusterfuck.
    My parents' CD collection is a mess as well, but part of the fun of that means discovering random things I like in it and sneaking them away with my parents never noticing. This is how I got half my Beatles albums, The Tom-Tom Club and Talking Heads' Speaking in Tongues, a lot of my musical theatre soundtracks and many, many others.

Blog Entries

@maria; Hey, I'm curious, how many EPs/singles do you have on CD? I like collecting EPs because they're a lot harder to come by and I feel special when I acquire one. I have four EPs and one single.

Blog Entries

@maria; Alas, it's exactly the same one! But if you want maybe I can tell some of the opera geeks I know about it?
    I was looking on the eBay account, it's no longer listed, must have come off today, so it'll just be sold in the store, thanks anyway :)

@maria; Hey, I'm curious, how many EPs/singles do you have on CD? I like collecting EPs because they're a lot harder to come by and I feel special when I acquire one. I have four EPs and one single.
    One single, no EPs. Most singles/EPs I'd want are vinyl only, so I only have mp3s.
    maglev is invisible