The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1694

Page 1694 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 69411941594164416841692169316941695169617041744179421942694 ... LastLast
Results 25,396 to 25,410 of 41324
Like Tree10719Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

I really don't get why used HGSS should cost that much when the whole reason they cost more than the other Pokemon games in the first place was just because of the Pokewalker, which used copies don't come with. (Majority of the time, anyways.)

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Three years and several games later, Pokémon Soul Silver still costs 45 bucks. And in some cases, you're cheaper off with Pokémon B&W 2. Quality business practices, gaiz. Lurv it. Also don't trust people well enough to buy second hand and in stores, second hand SS still costs 30 bucks.
    That's weird considering HG and SS were $40 brand new when they first were released.
    Different countries and all :P

Follow Chika on Tumblr

I really wish Gates to Infinity was out already. Seeing as to how I got today off because of a snow day, I got nothing better to do.

Maybe I'll just mess around with the magnagates in the demo version some more.

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Chika View Post
    I really don't get why used HGSS should cost that much when the whole reason they cost more than the other Pokemon games in the first place was just because of the Pokewalker, which used copies don't come with. (Majority of the time, anyways.)
    It's simple:

People will buy them for that price.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Truth is Elusive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chika View Post
    It's simple:

People will buy them for that price.
    That I won't deny.

I remember one time I was at Gamestop getting whatever event Pokemon was out at the moment and I made friends with this kid that was still in elementary school who wanted another copy of HGSS. Since the new copies were only five dollars more than the used ones, I suggested that he should just get a new copy since it would come with the Pokewalker, but he bought the used one just because he wanted to gamble on hoping that the used copy would have some good Pokemon on it like the last used copy of a Pokemon game he got.

Heck, I think he was more interested in just the chance for some good Pokemon than he was getting the actual game.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Sometimes you can get good Pokemon on used carts. I actually found a legit looking Shaymin on a Platinum cart I bought( I cant remember but the Wonder Card for it couldve been on the game) and a shiny Rapidash on another(well I dont totally know that one's legit but it dosent look hacked) you can never really know for sure though. On others Ive bought it's been obvious people hacked their games.

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

I feel like a jerk. Whenever I trade my games or give them away, I always erase my data, so that person doesn't have to bother with it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The last used Pokemon game I bought was FireRed, and it was at Cinnabar Island with a level 75 Charizard and no other pokemon above level 32.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I've never bought a used Pokemon game before, though Leafgreen and Ruby were both passed down to me from my elder cousins. Their files had been deleted on there though, so I've always just started from rock bottom.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

The last used Pokemon game I bought was FireRed, and it was at Cinnabar Island with a level 75 Charizard and no other pokemon above level 32.
    FireRed was my first Pokemon game and that sounds like me. My first hall of fame data is with a Blastoise level 89 and pretty much nothing else of actual worth.

Although I've never really gotten any great Pokemon from used games, there was something interesting when I got my copy of Yellow used sometime before DP came out. The player was at Mt. Moon and their trainer's name was BIGBUTT.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Years ago, my sister really wanted to play Leaf Green before it was released in the U.S., so she bought some illegally imported copy online with a really awful translation, like that Vietnamese Crystal that everyone talks about on YouTube.

She still plays it sometimes just to laugh at how bad the translations are, but it's kind of useless because some of them are so fucked-up you have no idea what is going on, even having played RBY and knowing the basics are all the same.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I bought a used French Ruby. Not that I'm that fluent in French, but it's pokémon after all. Considering that I couldn't Pal Park onwards to my English games, I didn't play it much.

Maybe I will someday, just for fun.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    I bought a used French Ruby. Not that I'm that fluent in French, but it's pokémon after all. Considering that I couldn't Pal Park onwards to my English games, I didn't play it much.

Maybe I will someday, just for fun.
    "French Ruby" sounds like the name of an all girl band that plays 2040's era neo-pop math soul music.
    H-con and Misato Katsuragi like this.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I really want to know where people get these foreign-language used Pokemon games.

I would love to get my hands on a French or German one (especially German - my reading skills need a lot more work there than they do in French, where most of my deficiencies are in speaking/listening).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

"French Ruby" sounds like the name of an all girl band that plays 2040's era neo-pop math soul music.
    Or some shady erotic novel.

That being said, I wonder how math soul music sounds like. Would it be using fourier synthesis/series and harmonic series, or just songs about math?

I really want to know where people get these foreign-language used Pokemon games.
    I bought mine in a Gamestop, I think...