The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1666

Page 1666 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 66611661566161616561664166516661667166816761716176621662666 ... LastLast
Results 24,976 to 24,990 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I'm trying to care about the new Pope, not really succeeding.

I guess I should be happy he's not from Europe? Whatever, still a homophobic bigot.
    I am glad it isn't the one from Kenia/Ghana he said that homo's only existed in Europe.
    Well i hope that he is pro condom and more focused on the church, instead of telling other people telling what they are
    doing wrong. With their childabuse and whatnot.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    Gone

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    In other news, we're finally getting some decent weather in Boston-town.

Probably won't be long before it's below 30 and snowing again, though.
    I'll be coming up on Friday. Hopefully it does snow.
    Cool! (although I disagree with you re: snow) You're coming to see the St. Patrick's Day Parade, right?

I'm writing an article today on how there are two parades because one doesn't allow gay people to march in it.
    I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know if I'll even go to Boston. It's possible though. If you see me you should say hi, you can tell what I look like by looking at my avatar and profile picture.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

@TheMissingno.; I'm not sure if I'm going to the parade, but if I do and I see you, I'll say hi! You should definitely come to Boston, it's a fun place. Even if it's often cold as a witch's tit this time of year.

The reason I'm not sure if I'm going is because one of the other students in my dept. invited those of us who are still here for spring break over to her house that day. But I can only go if I get a ride, since she lives way out beyond the reach of the T.

ETA: The sports editor/writer position is still open! And what I want to send totally works! They basically just don't want people to send "class essays on The Odyssey" (as the woman on the phone said) or whatever. Which made me laugh. Oh, clueless undergrads.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    I am glad it isn't the one from Kenia/Ghana he said that homo's only existed in Europe.
    Well i hope that he is pro condom and more focused on the church, instead of telling other people telling what they are
    doing wrong. With their childabuse and whatnot.
    Yeah. I'm no expert on religion, but I'm pretty sure the Pope is supposed to lead the freaking Catholic Church and not act like he's leader of the Thought Police or something. It's fine to speak out on things that aren't necessarily one's business the way I see things, but the Catholic Church has issues, and that's what the Pope should be running the show on. Hopefully this next one will stick to his own business before he takes the time to try convincing everyone else.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Yeah. I'm no expert on religion, but I'm pretty sure the Pope is supposed to lead the freaking Catholic Church and not act like he's leader of the Thought Police or something. It's fine to speak out on things that aren't necessarily one's business the way I see things, but the Catholic Church has issues, and that's what the Pope should be running the show on. Hopefully this next one will stick to his own business before he takes the time to try convincing everyone else.
    Go read up on Martin Luther and the reasons he left the Catholic Church. They've been the Thought Police ever since the cardinals and pope got too much power. Heck, they were just as powerful as the king of England back in the day and had the power to excommunicate him from the church, which would basically void his authority in the eyes of the people and let the church take over with him becoming only a symbol instead of actual authority figure.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Blog Entries

Can you guys save the criticism for another day? Today is a joyous occasion for millions of people.

Y > X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Yeah. I'm no expert on religion, but I'm pretty sure the Pope is supposed to lead the freaking Catholic Church and not act like he's leader of the Thought Police or something.
    Actually, he is kind of supposed to be that, at least when it comes to how other Catholics live their lives. Catholics don't have to listen to him completely when it comes to lifestyle (as opposed to theological) stuff, but he is supposed to give guidance on those things. That's one of the major differences between Catholicism and Protestantism, in fact; in the latter, the leadership isn't seen as having the celestial authority on everything that the Pope has.

And as long as he keeps the guidance to other Catholics, I'm fine. What annoys me is when the Pope is treated as a voice to be listened to when it comes to making policy for the rest of us. As a non-Catholic, I don't see why what the Pope thinks about abortion or birth control or gay rights should have any effect on my life and my rights to those things.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Fine, gosh. >:I

i didnt have much else to say anyway :I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Go read up on Martin Luther and the reasons he left the Catholic Church. They've been the Thought Police ever since the cardinals and pope got too much power. Heck, they were just as powerful as the king of England back in the day and had the power to excommunicate him from the church, which would basically void his authority in the eyes of the people and let the church take over with him becoming only a symbol instead of actual authority figure.
    Power corrupts always, especially when there isn't kept in check by an opposing force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Can you guys save the criticism for another day? Today is a joyous occasion for millions of people.
    You have to stay critical always I am catholic but I see that there are things to be done. I am most of the time the only younger person in the Church.
    So there is indeed something wrong.

But what eff's yay happy happy new pope :)
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    Gone

Blog Entries

When the Vatican keeps their rosaries off my ovaries, I'll stop complaining.

Blog Entries

This isn't the time for bashing, it's the time for celebrating!

ALCOHOL FREE PARTY TONIGHT! No revealing clothes, please.
    mariowie and Hunter Blade like this.

Y > X

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I loled

Also that was my 2500th "like."
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I loled
    I have to say I didn't make that slogan up. It's been a popular one in pro-choice circles for a while.

Blog Entries

Omg it's page 1666 Oh noes, ow well that is actually the number of Nero the next number on the other hand :d.
    Gone

Blog Entries

Aww, man, I wanted to wear my favorite leathers.

I loled
    Edited it twice before you saw that. :I