The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1657

Page 1657 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 65711571557160716471655165616571658165916671707175721572657 ... LastLast
Results 24,841 to 24,855 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

It's so weird to me that those two states legalized pot. Like, the whole subject of drugs is a kind of a hot topic, a source of controversy because of its dubious legality and stuff relating to that, because of it or leading to it. It was sorta assumed that we were talking about something illegal when we did talk about it, because it was illegal. Now that it's completely legal in parts of my own county, it's a weird feeling to me.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    It's so weird to me that those two states legalized pot. Like, the whole subject of drugs is a kind of a hot topic, a source of controversy because of its dubious legality and stuff relating to that, because of it or leading to it. It was sorta assumed that we were talking about something illegal when we did talk about it, because it was illegal. Now that it's completely legal in parts of my own county, it's a weird feeling to me.
    I think the controversy has always been exaggerated. People may want to appear as though they support the law and all that, but the fact is that statistically, the majority of American adults have tried pot at least once (at least, IIRC). It's similar to underage drinking in that sense (although, the issue of who gets arrested for marijuana possession and the "war on drugs" is more complicated than the issue of underage drinking arrests).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I don't smoke and probably never will, so I don't care if its legalized or not. Plus, the stoners in my class would probably be too stoned on election day to vote for me anyways.

Y > X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I think the controversy has always been exaggerated. People may want to appear as though they support the law and all that, but the fact is that statistically, the majority of American adults have tried pot at least once (at least, IIRC). It's similar to underage drinking in that sense (although, the issue of who gets arrested for marijuana possession and the "war on drugs" is more complicated than the issue of underage drinking arrests).
    Yeah, but I mean, like, the fact that it was illegal was a given of sorts, even kinda part of its whole image to somebody like me. It's just strange to see society change it up like this. It's a difficult feeling to describe.

Blog Entries

So BU Today has a position open for a sports writer. I mean, it's been posted for a while, so it might not still be open. But I could totally do this.

I'm just worried because I don't exactly have a lot of clips about sports specifically. I was the editor of the sports page on my high school newspaper, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count, and I don't have any of those still lying around. The closest recent thing I have is this, and that's not really "sports writing" per se like what they want me to do.

But ugh I'm a great writer and I could totally do this, especially going into spring as that means baseball season and I'm a huge baseball fan. Just, how do I prove this to them? Does my Tumblr whining about the World Series last fall count? (Do I want them to see that, since it means discovering the rest of the stuff I post on Tumblr?)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

So BU Today has a position open for a sports writer. I mean, it's been posted for a while, so it might not still be open. But I could totally do this.

I'm just worried because I don't exactly have a lot of clips about sports specifically. I was the editor of the sports page on my high school newspaper, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count, and I don't have any of those still lying around. The closest recent thing I have is this, and that's not really "sports writing" per se like what they want me to do.

But ugh I'm a great writer and I could totally do this, especially going into spring as that means baseball season and I'm a huge baseball fan. Just, how do I prove this to them? Does my Tumblr whining about the World Series last fall count? (Do I want them to see that, since it means discovering the rest of the stuff I post on Tumblr?)
    Will they let you write something exclusively for submission to them?

Blog Entries

Will they let you write something exclusively for submission to them?
    I don't know. Maybe I should ask them. Or someone who is a professional writer could give me some advice about whether positions generally allow this.

Part of the problem is that it "counts more" if somebody else thought it was good enough to publish. "Clips" seems to imply "published." It's just that, the website where I'm currently a writer doesn't cover sports much, and they already had a "sports writer" before I was taken on there.

Blog Entries

I generally dislike sports, so being a sports writer would not be suitable to for me.

Also, friendly tip. Job interviewers check your facebook and other social network accounts, so delete all your messages and other incriminating things.

Y > X

Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday; I decided to read something of yours on Autostraddle for teh lulz.

Thank you for introducing me to Sockpuppet Theatre. ;u;

lol jonas sock
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Also, friendly tip. Job interviewers check your facebook and other social network accounts, so delete all your messages and other incriminating things.
    If they really tried that for me, they'd mostly find a wall of nothing. Mostly because I don't give a shit.

Also, I chuckled a bit at the snowfall in parts of Europe today.

Blog Entries

Don't worry, I'm well aware of this.

The stuff on Tumblr is less incriminating and more...I don't care much about impeccable writing there. But I think interviewers know that so long as I don't use it as a writing sample.

I'm not a HUGE sports person. But I enjoy writing about sports I like. And, I'd much rather do any kind of journalism than I would work as a cashier or something.

@Goodbye Blue Monday; I decided to read something of yours on Autostraddle for teh lulz.

lol jonas sock
    You're more than welcome!

I wonder if any Bulba threads would work for it. Maybe the old Real World threads when Zorua's Illusion would troll?

Blog Entries

lol jonas sock
    You're more than welcome!

I wonder if any Bulba threads would work for it. Maybe the old Real World threads when Zorua's Illusion would troll?
    I dunno. I've seen a couple of incidents in my time, but nothing on the ridiculously entertaining level as what they'll use on the show.

Some guy did call me fat once.

Blog Entries

How do people even know these things on the Internet?

I got pretty awfully trolled on this article about a transgender prisoner who wants sex-reassignment surgery. Who knew that radfems hated not only trans women, but also bisexual women? (Although I deleted some of the most malicious personal attacks. The person causing a mess in there is someone who basically just likes to go around harassing any feminists or queer women who are trans-positive, and she'll even out people's real-life identities if they haven't already - one of the benefits of that being a website where I use my real name and picture, and being completely and 100% out to everyone important in my life.)

On the plus side, my most well-known article is the one I wrote about bronies, and it got linked on EQD and thus got a ton of outsiders pouring in to comment, and almost all of it was positive.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I don't smoke and probably never will, so I don't care if its legalized or not. Plus, the stoners in my class would probably be too stoned on election day to vote for me anyways.
    Aren't you the one who smokes pot with her parents? Or is that goodbye blue Monday. I forget.

I got pretty awfully trolled on this article about a transgender prisoner who wants sex-reassignment surgery. Who knew that radfems hated not only trans women, but also bisexual women? (Although I deleted some of the most malicious personal attacks. The person causing a mess in there is someone who basically just likes to go around harassing any feminists or queer women who are trans-positive, and she'll even out people's real-life identities if they haven't already - one of the benefits of that being a website where I use my real name and picture, and being completely and 100% out to everyone important in my life.)

On the plus side, my most well-known article is the one I wrote about bronies, and it got linked on EQD and thus got a ton of outsiders pouring in to comment, and almost all of it was positive
    Hopefully they were agreeing with you how some of them belong to the deepest darkest part of the abyss known as the internet.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

His psychic powers must have failed that day.

Lawl, I've been trolled in my days. I became active on the Internet at thirteen when I was kinda stupid and stuff, so a couple times in the early days they got what they wanted, but I've wised up and now I enjoy playing with trolls. It lets me really stretch my sarcasm muscles.

On the plus side, my most well-known article is the one I wrote about bronies, and it got linked on EQD and thus got a ton of outsiders pouring in to comment, and almost all of it was positive.
    Oh, I remember that. :3 I wish I were that recognized at something. e_e