The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1652

Page 1652 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 65211521552160216421650165116521653165416621702175221522652 ... LastLast
Results 24,766 to 24,780 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

That's awful. No offense, your dad sounds like an awful person.

Anyway, I really want to start a rock band and don't know how to find people who would be interested/play the right instruments/have similar musical tastes to me (although I'm pretty open-minded about that, but I would want it to trend toward some combination of psychedelic rock, blues, punk and New Wave).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Swimming is for squares. You'd think that someone who lived on an island for most of their life would know how. I just have a fear of deep water.

DRY LAND ROCKS!

Y > X

Blog Entries

I can't seem to decide on a good quote for my signature.

I think I'm just going to plug the website where I'm a writer.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Swimming is for squares. You'd think that someone who lived on an island for most of their life would know how. I just have a fear of deep water.

DRY LAND ROCKS!
    You say everything you don't do is for squares. Which is wrong, because it's everything I don't do that's for squares.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post

Anyway, I really want to start a rock band and don't know how to find people who would be interested/play the right instruments/have similar musical tastes to me (although I'm pretty open-minded about that, but I would want it to trend toward some combination of psychedelic rock, blues, punk and New Wave).
    None taken, he's a deadbeat for me. I'm the opposite. My friends have a band, but they have approached me for anything cause guitar or drums would be what I can do, and they already have both. :(
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post

None taken, he's a deadbeat for me. I'm the opposite. My friends have a band, but they have approached me for anything cause guitar or drums would be what I can do, and they already have both. :(
    Learn bass! It's the best instrument anyway.

No, I'm not at all biased. Not even slightly.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Bass is covered as well for them. And anyway, I play the guitar, so bass would feel like a step down, even if I know that bass needs superior willpower and respect for the instrument then guitar.

Blog Entries

Bass is covered as well for them. And anyway, I play the guitar, so bass would feel like a step down, even if I know that bass needs superior willpower and respect for the instrument then guitar.
    Bass is mostly definitely NOT a step down. It is in some respects, a harder instrument to play than guitar. (You can't just memorize chords, for starters, and your rhythm has to be better.)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Sure, but its still a step down in the sense that your basically just a metronome for the song. Mad respect for all bass players regardless of that view though.

Blog Entries

Sure, but its still a step down in the sense that your basically just a metronome for the song. Mad respect for all bass players regardless of that view though.
    Um, we're more than that, bass instruments also provide the foundation harmonically as well.

But I'm not going to get into this "bassists vs. guitarists" discussion lol, it'll just go nowhere. I'm glad you respect us.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wait you're a bassist as well? God damn it gurl, you got it going on artistically. Future novelist, bassist, awesome swimmer apparently, and a crazy cat lady. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Wait you're a bassist as well? God damn it gurl, you got it going on artistically. Future novelist, bassist, awesome swimmer apparently, and a crazy cat lady. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you.
    Haha thanks! I'm not an "awesome" swimmer though. It's my favorite sport, but I'm bad at most of the rest of them.

And bass is actually my secondary instrument, cello is my main one. My primary musical activities right now are as a composer (what my undergrad degree is in) and a musicologist (what I'm getting my graduate degree in).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Oh, that's awesome. I guess you really love music then. I just like the guitar, obviously, so I can't say that I'm a musician like you can. But I do write enough lyrics to have a notebook or two lying about filled with stuff.

Blog Entries

Oh, that's awesome. I guess you really love music then. I just like the guitar, obviously, so I can't say that I'm a musician like you can. But I do write enough lyrics to have a notebook or two lying about filled with stuff.
    Anyone who plays an instrument or sings can call themselves a musician, I think!

My lyrical writing skills are meh. I mostly write instrumental music, or use someone else's text when I do vocal music (although I do have one art song I wrote a couple of years ago that used my own original poetry as the text). I do want to get better at it, though, since my ultimate goal as a composer is to write opera or musicals, and I'd like to be the librettist as well as the composer. I'm thinking of taking a course in playwriting or something to work toward that.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

True enough. I guess you can say I'm a musician also by the fact that I have written my own tabs for the lyrics, but that's about it. No band, no push to make my stuff known, just personal madness of tabs and lyrics piling up for no reason.