The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1651

Page 1651 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 65111511551160116411649165016511652165316611701175121512651 ... LastLast
Results 24,751 to 24,765 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Obviously eating just before you exercise isn't too smart depending on what/how much you eat, but without some food in your system you're not going to be that very effective. All about dat balance.
    Yeah and it's just a turkey sandwich. Not like I'm going to McDonald's.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Aha okay, I didn't know that you ate only once before, wasn't trying to be mean or anything. It just seems weird to eat before the gym is all.

This wait is fucking killing me, I need my CoroCoro fix, badly. Last time we got them was in 3 hours today, so here's hoping.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Ya, since you're going to work out and all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Aha okay, I didn't know that you ate only once before, wasn't trying to be mean or anything. It just seems weird to eat before the gym is all.
    It's cool. I usually don't unless I haven't eaten in a while or sometimes if I'm going swimming, since that often involves more energy than my usual treadmill routine. (Since swimming moves your whole body rather than just legs, requires some lung power, etc.) Today I'm sticking to the treadmill, though, my swimsuit needs some washing before I can swim again.

Speaking of swimming, anybody else who does it and knows some good instructional videos for it? I'm having trouble with the leg motion on the breaststroke.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Ugh swimming, I never learned how, even if I went to the beach every summer and live in a relatively beach-orientated country. It never felt right for me, like gravity is trying to screw with my brain or something.

Blog Entries

@Chespin; You should learn! It's a lot of fun - and maybe I'm just a water person, but it's my favorite sport. Plus it's a good life skill, in case you are ever in deep water or need to save someone from drowning or something (I'm not a good enough swimmer for the latter yet, unfortunately. I'd like to get to the level where I could be a lifeguard).

And the thing to keep in mind with it is that the human body is majority water and naturally floats on its own. You've just got to learn how to harness that to your advantage.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im not a very good swimmer myself and learned rather late( when I was 10 I think I dont really remember) swimming is ok for exercise though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    Im not a very good swimmer myself and learned rather late( when I was 10 I think I dont really remember) swimming is ok for exercise though.
    I learned pretty late (when I was about 8-9) because I was just so uninterested in sports as a kid. I still don't know how to ride a bike. But I'm really glad I learned how to swim, because I love it and I think it's an important life skill as well.

And I'm such a shitty athlete that, if I can learn it, anyone can learn it.

ETA: Okay, I'm going to the gym now. Furrealz. Bye everyone!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I know I need to learn and that its probably the most natural thing in the world, but my mind just shuts down when I think about it. Also probably have a phobia after my dad threatened to do the same thing his father did, which was throw him off a boat and make him swim back. He loves boats, and absolutely hates the fact that I can't swim cause he wants to go on a fishing trip with me.

Blog Entries

I'm taking a break because I feel really sweaty. I think I wore the wrong pants. Way too warm for a workout.

I know I need to learn and that its probably the most natural thing in the world, but my mind just shuts down when I think about it. Also probably have a phobia after my dad threatened to do the same thing his father did, which was throw him off a boat and make him swim back. He loves boats, and absolutely hates the fact that I can't swim cause he wants to go on a fishing trip with me.
    That is indeed an awful way to learn how to swim. What the hell?

The way I learned was, my parents had signed me up for several swimming classes at the "usual age" and I got nothing out of it. But we spent a lot of time at the city pool when I was around 8 or 9, and my parents promised me a slice of pizza or ice cream or something if I held my breath and went underwater, and then kept promising other things for me to learn how to swim. And I just realized I enjoyed being in the pool and kind of wanted to learn anyway. So that's how I did it.

My proudest moment was when I went to an orchestra camp when I was 11, and there was a pool and we had to pass a swim test to use the deep end. And I passed it. My parents couldn't believe it.

I'd like to get good enough now that I can pass the swimming test at my university that is required to learn how to sail, because that's something I've always wanted to learn how to do. But that's much harder. I think I can do it if I keep training, though.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

What the hell indeed. He told me about the story and I was in absolute shock. Apparently they went out to sea to fish, and cause my dad didn't swim yet, my grandad just threw him in, a couple of miles from the beach. He learned to swim that day, and still considers methods like that sane. Really shows that he grew up in the 60s with parents who have 1940s values.

Blog Entries

What the hell indeed. He told me about the story and I was in absolute shock. Apparently they went out to sea to fish, and cause my dad didn't swim yet, my grandad just threw him in, a couple of miles from the beach. He learned to swim that day, and still considers methods like that sane. Really shows that he grew up in the 60s with parents who have 1940s values.
    And that last sentence just reminds me of Mad Men. Because that is seriously some Betty Draper kind of shit.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Thankfully my mom spent the 70s and early 80s smoking weed listening to rock, she's a lot more open minded then my dad about the freedom to do what you want. I don't want to learn how to swim? Fine, you don't need it really.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Thankfully my mom spent the 70s and early 80s smoking weed listening to rock, she's a lot more open minded then my dad about the freedom to do what you want. I don't want to learn how to swim? Fine, you don't need it really.
    Honestly, I think everyone's parents who lived in the '70s and '80s smoked weed and listened to rock.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Honestly, I think everyone's parents who lived in the '70s and '80s smoked weed and listened to rock.
    My dad probably didn't, he likely spend his days listening to rock drinking booze and going out to the village to beat the shit out of some gays with his friends. Who were grease ball Italians from Brooklyn. You can't make this shit up, I swear.

I don't mean to be offensive btw, but its probably the sad truth about my father. He's very homophobic, and the Aids debacle in the 80s probably was enough for his friends and him to do something like that.
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 11th March 2013 at 08:18 PM.