The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1642
Page 1642 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 64211421542159216321640164116421643164416521692174221422642 ... LastLast
Results 24,616 to 24,630 of 41324

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Well, I'm gonna go use my legs for something today and then maybe do something productive.

Mammoth meat suxs Totally Not Booster Gold's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Totally Not Booster Gold on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Dead Space is about as Scary as Resi 4, in other words not so much. You know what this thread needs? PYRAMID HEAD!
    Do you know what this thread needs? Some more dead space. xD

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I once wrote a novel, the story was finished in three pages. And that's why I can't write novels.
    Don't sweat it, there are a lot of novelists who can't write short stories either.

I'll catch up with the rest of the thread momentarily but I can't see straight right now - probably because it suddenly got dark and probably because of the type of fanfiction I was reading. You know what they say. Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower.
    I thought it only was true for guys! Do read up, maybe someone can finally comment on my novel idea. (both a pun and not a pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Well.. I played 4? I prefer my games less... creepy.
    Ooo and another! Or maybe there's loads of people here, they just don't feel like talking to the obvious fangirl (i.e. me)

Same here. SH2 and 3 were all sorts of amazing.

Then don't play 2, you'll be shitting your pants from here to eternity.
    Agreed. <3 I like the new installments too, but 2 and 3 had a different effect and atmosphere, if that makes sense.

I'd say 3 was more creepy. 2 was more melancholic. I played on Normal for both, and after half way through I never had to worry about running out of ammo in 2. That happened in 3 multiple times, along with running out of health drinks. (Or I just suck at playing these games, that's entirely possible.)
    I'm Like that with 2 strangely enough. 3 was tense, but not in the way 2 was. I still dunno what's worse, the opening fog hours, or the bloody shift to pitch black darkness after the hospital. Jesus Christ is that the best night I've ever witnessed, and I've played Shattered Memories too.

Dead Space is about as Scary as Resi 4, in other words not so much. You know what this thread needs? PYRAMID HEAD!
    RE4 was the only RE game I've ever played and finished. I love that game, even though it was the stepping stone for the series shift from survival horror to action with splashes of horror. (which makes sense from a business standpoint, but I didn't real care for it.)

And admittedly I was terrified to play it at first. [/wimp]

Noooo no more PH, he's so overused. says the girl who has him in her sig and used him as an avy twice. i am not helping with the problem. D :[/QUOTE]
    He's in one game, and 2 awful movies. Sufficient to say he should get at least one more appearance.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

B E W A R B Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

He was in the arcade game and in Homecoming too, unless we're being really specific and calling him Bogeyman as he's referred to in the latter. but we all know it's PH, Double Helix. :U (And to my knowledge the Butcher is basically PH with a different name, so we could like, half count that?)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Bogeyman looks like PH, but isn't. PH is a pure creation of James, as it should be.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Showered and now I'm feeling better!
    @Chespin; I was kidding about the eyesight thing. I think it was just from staring at a bright screen in a dark room. I'll look over your ideas in a mo. I actually just came up with another cool idea for mine in the shower (where I get my best ideas).

Right now I'm gonna fangirl over this:

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Oh goodie, someone who is actually writing a novel reviewing my idea. As I said its just an idea, but I would love to make it reality.

Blog Entries

Oh goodie, someone who is actually writing a novel reviewing my idea. As I said its just an idea, but I would love to make it reality.
    Well, I mean, I just started doing the actual writing. So I don't know if I'm a great authority. I am a professional writer in terms of nonfiction, though.

Anyway, I read it and it sounds interesting - even though I'm not that into vampire stories - but it's also really convoluted and hard-to-follow? Like, not that if you had the space of a novel to work it out that it wouldn't work, but that that particular summary was difficult to follow. Like, way too much information into my head at once. So definitely when you write it you're going to have to work on pacing and exposition, to make sure it doesn't feel that way in the actual work.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Its not a vampire story as much as it is a Religious Fantasy. Think the Divine Comedy, but less serious, and more of a fantasy. Not plot wise, but thematically, what with the characters and back story. Basically the plot deals with the acceptance of the all mighty one on the human side, the acceptance of the humans from the Marked Sons side, and the Devils own machinations running in the background that have been grinding away in his plot device for eons, that have caused the whole thing in the first place. Still deciding on the reasons for him being cast out of heaven.

Blog Entries

Its not a vampire story as much as it is a Religious Fantasy. Think the Divine Comedy, but less serious, and more of a fantasy. Not plot wise, but thematically, what with the characters and back story. Basically the plot deals with the acceptance of the all mighty one on the human side, the acceptance of the humans from the Marked Sons side, and the Devils own machinations running in the background that have been grinding away in his plot device for eons, that have caused the whole thing in the first place. Still deciding on the reasons for him being cast out of heaven.
    Okay, but it's kind of hard to pick all that up from your summary, as it's very convoluted. All I'm saying is your idea could definitely work across the span of a novel, just work on your writing style so you have more clarity is all.

Blog Entries

Nice. I am writing a story about one of my friends becoming a futa set in the 2050s

Y > X

Blog Entries

My story's about a guy who lives in a library. :|

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Well you probably won't have a problem with world-building then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Well you probably won't have a problem with world-building then.
    You know, that part has never really been much of an issue to me. After reading stories that confused me with their description of where things physically were, I made sure that I was clear and plain with my directions, and it wasn't all that difficult to satisfy myself. :B

Blog Entries

I like to write stories for fun. Most of them can't be read aloud though, because the content is usually crude or vulgar.

Y > X