The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1622

Page 1622 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 62211221522157216121620162116221623162416321672172221222622 ... LastLast
Results 24,316 to 24,330 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    @Typhlosionisafirebadger; Yeah, he and Silk Spectre II/Laurie were probably the most sympathetic characters.

IMO Rorschach fanboys are the worst ever. I think I only used that test to weed those out when I was all like "omg I love Watchmen! do you?" and wanted to talk to everyone around me who had read it.

Yeah you're right about Rorschach on both counts. He's a truly messed up individual but his actions in the final moments were legit. I always found it weird people thought he was badass and then I realized badass to them meant "REAL SCREWED UP"

it's also weird to think that The Question who Rorschach was based off was made by Spider-man's co-creator Steve Ditko

if you eve rdo want to check out a comic series, I think you'd like Planetary or The Authority. PLanetary is kind of like the comic version of the X-files, a love letter to pulp fiction, superheroes, John Woo films and weird science

The Authority is basically "What if superheroes went the extra mile?" and like a high scale movie in comic form. Plus it had one of the coolest couples in comics, Apollo and Midnighter
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    I don't read superhero comics (unless Watchmen counts) so this conversation is making me feel lost.
    Watchmen counts, though it kind of started a bad trend of grim n gritty stuff. It's a seminal piece of work, but I prefer other things. I know you don't read comics but if you liked Watchmen you would dig Zenith and probably Animal Man
    Too bad the movie jacked up the ending
    yeah like, why'd they do that?

it always feels weird when comic movies eschew certain things for "seriousness" or "realism"

it's like we're already watching a movie about a dude who wears bright colored tights fighting monsters, and NOW you want to apply reality to it?

which makes me feel like we'll never see a captain marvel movie

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

it always feels weird when comic movies eschew certain things for "seriousness" or "realism"
    I mean, the original Watchmen ending was majorly acid-headed, and maybe they did it more for palatability than they did it for "realism" - because when you've got a character who is basically a human bomb, realism isn't really your top priority to begin with.

The "changing things to be more palatable to a larger audience" thing, though, is pretty much the entire reason I hate the V for Vendetta movie (but what they changed basically changed the whole theme of the movie IMO).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I mean, the original Watchmen ending was majorly acid-headed, and maybe they did it more for palatability than they did it for "realism" - because when you've got a character who is basically a human bomb, realism isn't really your top priority to begin with.

The "changing things to be more palatable to a larger audience" thing, though, is pretty much the entire reason I hate the V for Vendetta movie (but what they changed basically changed the whole theme of the movie IMO).
    yeah that's probably it. I think I don't have to worry about a Captain Marvel movie being made, Pixar would do The Big Red Cheese justice

I never saw the V for Vendetta movie, so what'd they do to the ending?

Blog Entries

They didn't really change the ending. They just changed a lot of other shit that pissed me off.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

They didn't really change the ending. They just changed a lot of other shit that pissed me off.
    oooh, that always feels weird when watching movies where you know the source material

i did see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'd say it's one of those movies you can watch on FX, at least when it's on

Blog Entries

I also think the most moving stuff in V for Vendetta, the original graphic novel, was the stuff that never had a snowball's chance of hell of making it into a big-budget version of the film because it was also the darkest, most disturbing stuff.

I mean, that book is bleak as fuck. But it's sooooooo gooooooooooood.

(Like I honestly have trouble deciding which book I like better, that or Watchmen.)

I also think the most moving stuff in V for Vendetta, the original graphic novel, was the stuff that never had a snowball's chance of hell of making it into a big-budget version of the film because it was also the darkest, most disturbing stuff.

I mean, that book is bleak as fuck. But it's sooooooo gooooooooooood.

(Like I honestly have trouble deciding which book I like better, that or Watchmen.)
    I think I like Vendetta more.

Alan Moore has wrote a lot of cool stories, and probably two of the best Superman stories ever (Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow and For The Man Who Has Everything)

V is prob one of my favorite things from him though

Blog Entries

Ugh after my German midterm I don't want to do ANYTHING tonight!

the cat has framed the dog

Blog Entries

Well, I think I've finally decided on a usertitle that I like.

I feel like this used to be my username somewhere (maybe on a Sailor Moon forum?)

ETA: never mind.

the cat has framed the dog
    what? je ne comprends pas.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 8th March 2013 at 01:34 AM.

we had a problem in my house

the dog kept leaving turds everywhere but the mats

turns out, it was the cat doing the nasty deed and framing him

caught him red paw
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

@Typhlosionisafirebadger; My cats are always framing each other for their misdeeds.

Your cat sounds like it would get along with my cat Petey. He's a troublemaker.

Anyway, so I went to a different section of German today because my usual professor is in Germany. There's another girl in my department who is in that section and has a crush on the professor, and... let's just say after today I can see why. Er ist so heiß!

(well that's exaggerating a bit - more like, cute in a nerdy professor way)

does he look like cillian murphy?

cause that's a pretty dude

and i like having attractive teachers, sometimes, SOMETIMES

Blog Entries

Cillian Murphy doesn't really do anything for me, and no, the professor doesn't look like him.

But he's still pretty cute. What's more, he's actually a doctoral student, so like, it wouldn't be wrong for me to date him since he's not technically my professor and I'm also a grad student! See, I've got it all planned out in my head already.

(Seriously, though, I had a massive crush on one of my music history professors in undergrad. It was embarrassing. But because I didn't do anything inappropriate about it, I'm pretty sure he just saw me as an extra-motivated student, and he actually became an important mentor for me who wrote a bunch of my recommendations for grad school.)