The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1610

Page 1610 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 61011101510156016001608160916101611161216201660171021102610 ... LastLast
Results 24,136 to 24,150 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

  1. #24136
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Also, there was a topic on the last page about Asperger's. I'm pretty certain I have it, but I can't find a place that could determine if I really do. I've never really had to search for a place like that. I want to go somewhere to get some kind of general psychiatric evaluation, not separate tests for each suspected disorder because I'm assuming that would cost extra, but some kind of general test that has results like "you have this and this and this". 'Cause along with Asperger's I'm certain I have depression, and maybe a couple other things might be thrown in there, too.
    There really isn't a "test" for Aspergers. The only way you can find out definitively is if you visit a psychiatrist.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  2. #24137
    You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, land of OJ and AC
    Posts
    6,070
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Also, there was a topic on the last page about Asperger's. I'm pretty certain I have it, but I can't find a place that could determine if I really do. I've never really had to search for a place like that. I want to go somewhere to get some kind of general psychiatric evaluation, not separate tests for each suspected disorder because I'm assuming that would cost extra, but some kind of general test that has results like "you have this and this and this". 'Cause along with Asperger's I'm certain I have depression, and maybe a couple other things might be thrown in there, too.
    There really isn't a "test" for Aspergers. The only way you can find out definitively is if you visit a psychiatrist.
    Okay, so I want one of those. :I Isn't there some kind of evaluation you can go through to find out everything?

  3. #24138
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    The Maggyos @Ninfia; got for me.



    Me donning said Maggyos.



    u mag?

  4. #24139
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Also, there was a topic on the last page about Asperger's. I'm pretty certain I have it, but I can't find a place that could determine if I really do. I've never really had to search for a place like that. I want to go somewhere to get some kind of general psychiatric evaluation, not separate tests for each suspected disorder because I'm assuming that would cost extra, but some kind of general test that has results like "you have this and this and this". 'Cause along with Asperger's I'm certain I have depression, and maybe a couple other things might be thrown in there, too.
    There really isn't a "test" for Aspergers. The only way you can find out definitively is if you visit a psychiatrist.
    Okay, so I want one of those. :I Isn't there some kind of evaluation you can go through to find out everything?
    There are online tests and stuff, but that's not the same as a legitimate psychiatric diagnosis.

    There is a ten-year-old test on Wired everyone on the Internet loves that was designed by a specialist, but a lot of his ideas have been discredited or at least become more controversial in the years since that test was made.

    I would just see a psychiatrist and talk to him/her like you would talk to a counselor. You could specifically mention that you think you might have Aspergers, and some of the reasons why.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  5. #24140
    You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, land of OJ and AC
    Posts
    6,070
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Is that all there is to it? Whatever. I'm going to bed now.

  6. #24141
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Is that all there is to it? Whatever. I'm going to bed now.
    It's just the unfortunate reality that sometimes things in psychology aren't as easily quantifiable and testable as we want them to be. That's why it takes years to get a degree in it.

    The other thing with Aspergers syndrome and autism in general is that they're in the middle of a re-branding, so to speak (in that Aspergers is being folded into "autism spectrum disorder" in the DSM-V) so some of the criteria could also change.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  7. #24142
    I'm [not] a pirate Jolene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,233
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    The Maggyos @Ninfia; got for me.



    Me donning said Maggyos.



    u mag?
    That's some derpy ways of showing affection.

    Y > X

  8. #24143
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    so uh anyone remember the x-men cartoon?

    and how every time bishop would show up, he'd have some crazy harmonica solo play?

    I want that every time I walk into a room

    EVERY TIME

    and any other fans of mad men in here? it's a pretty good show, a lot more humor in it than I thought

  9. #24144
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Um, I'm still here, and as you know, I'm a Mad Men super-fan.

    We need to infect Bulbagarden with Mad Men love, just like Duck infected Sterling Cooper on the show.

    It'll be easier come April 7 when SEASON SIX STARTS! *fangirl squee*

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  10. #24145
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    oh I know you're here

    I KNOW VERY WELL :coolface:

    but yeah I think when april rolls around it'll be even easier, and then the masses will swarm in

  11. #24146
    #2kool4u Booster the Gawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    1,742
    Blog Entries
    77

    Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    so uh anyone remember the x-men cartoon?

    and how every time bishop would show up, he'd have some crazy harmonica solo play?

    I want that every time I walk into a room

    EVERY TIME

    and any other fans of mad men in here? it's a pretty good show, a lot more humor in it than I thought
    Ya! I remember xD

  12. #24147
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    so uh anyone remember the x-men cartoon?

    and how every time bishop would show up, he'd have some crazy harmonica solo play?

    I want that every time I walk into a room

    EVERY TIME

    and any other fans of mad men in here? it's a pretty good show, a lot more humor in it than I thought
    Ya! I remember xD
    they had some great villains in there. Best version of apocalypse ever IMO

  13. #24148
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I was just reminiscing on my Madoka obsession from this past summer.

    I'm never gonna get this reading done or this composing done that I'm also supposed to do, fuck me.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  14. #24149
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    that last line is way too open

    if I were a lesser man I'd say GLADLY and cheese from ear to ear

    thankfully I am a high caliber d00d

    so uh the first 120 some odd issues of spider-man could be read as a single story if you think about it. You get to see Peter Parker GROW into a man, and go from a boy who calls himself a man to the real deal

    gains friends/enemies and navigates puberty/high school while fighting evil. I love these essentials

    next, essential godzilla

  15. #24150
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    On any other night I can sleep this fine.

    But this night? The one night before the day I have something to do I end up blinking and staring at a dark room.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •