The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 161

Page 161 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

  1. #2401
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SylverS❤NE View Post
    Conversing about Science? I like it when speedy things goes in, speedy thing comes out
    Err, what?


    Also damn, I'm pretty sunburned

    inb4 cancer
    Sunburn, ouch. I hate sunburn. Has it been as hot where you live as here?



    @PkmnYellow; trifling on the small stuff, are we now? :P


  2. #2402
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    @Mijzelffan; Well we can't really have a discussion when you're constantly contradicting yourself, can we?
    That's nice.

  3. #2403
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Sunburn, ouch. I hate sunburn. Has it been as hot where you live as here?
    Pretty warm, yes. However, I don't notice it's there unless I look myself in the mirror.

    That, and I'd rather enjoy the sun than only sit inside while reading, especially if I can read outside.

    It's been over 20 degrees. Pretty nice temperature, both in the shade and in the sun.

  4. #2404
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    @Mijzelffan; Well we can't really have a discussion when you're constantly contradicting yourself, can we?
    lol



    Not a grammatical error, but close enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    It's been over 20 degrees. Pretty nice temperature, both in the shade and in the sun.
    25 degrees here. Not a nice temperature, and I swear I die a little of heat everytime I walk outside.


  5. #2405
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    That's nice.

  6. #2406
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    25 degrees here. Not a nice temperature, and I swear I die a little of heat everytime I walk outside.
    Well, I don't generally prefer higher than 30 degrees in the shade. Right now, it's pretty good. And just getting this is a somewhat minor miracle, with the crappy spring weather we've had this year.

    But, personal preferences vary. I should buy some sunblock though

  7. #2407
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    U mad bro?

    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    25 degrees here. Not a nice temperature, and I swear I die a little of heat everytime I walk outside.
    Well, I don't generally prefer higher than 30 degrees in the shade. Right now, it's pretty good. And just getting this is a somewhat minor miracle, with the crappy spring weather we've had this year.

    But, personal preferences vary. I should buy some sunblock though
    See it like this, crappy spring might mean a better summer. The last couple of years the springs here were very hot, only for the summers to stay relatively cold. Rainy even.

    Also you don't have sunblock at home by standard? It's pretty useful, should it become like 30 degrees in one day.


  8. #2408
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    U mad bro?
    Why should I be? I'm not the one who's wrong.
    That's nice.

  9. #2409
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    U mad bro?
    Why should I be? I'm not the one who's wrong.
    Yes you are, for reasons specified before. Right now you're just trifling on the small stuff because you can't think of any good counter-arguments. It's ok, a lot of people on the internet do that ;)


  10. #2410
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    U mad bro?
    Why should I be? I'm not the one who's wrong.
    Yes you are, for reasons specified before. Right now you're just trifling on the small stuff because you can't think of any good counter-arguments. It's ok, a lot of people on the internet do that ;)
    First you said you had to replace the "experiment" part of the scientific method. Then when I said that that is the most important part, you revised your position and said that you do experiment. How is that a small thing? It's the most important thing in science.
    That's nice.

  11. #2411
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    Rofl, you're special pleading, more like.

    Also arguing one thing then arguing the complete opposite. I don't know what fallacy that is. They might not even have a name for it because it's so fucking absurd.
    U mad bro?
    Why should I be? I'm not the one who's wrong.
    Yes you are, for reasons specified before. Right now you're just trifling on the small stuff because you can't think of any good counter-arguments. It's ok, a lot of people on the internet do that ;)
    First you said you had to replace the "experiment" part of the scientific method. Then when I said that that is the most important part, you revised your position and said that you do experiment. How is that a small thing? It's the most important thing in science.
    I said replace the expirimentation. You said I couldn't. So then I sat down and thought for a moment. Then I realised, you could also see historical research as experimitation in a way. So then that's what I explained to you. I don't see the problem with that.


  12. #2412
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Okay, well the problem is that historical research is not experimentation.
    That's nice.

  13. #2413
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    I'd like some confirmation on that from someone with a PhD.


  14. #2414
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

    Also you don't have sunblock at home by standard? It's pretty useful, should it become like 30 degrees in one day.
    We would have at home, but with the weather we've been having, I haven't bothered buying it.

  15. #2415
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

    @Mijzelffan; Okay, how about Neil DeGrasse Tyson? According to him, eyewitness accounts are the lowest form of data collecting and are not taken seriously in the scientific community. This is why there are millions of UFO sightings per year, and yet UFO related science is not taken seriously. Historical documents are eyewitness accounts. Therefore, historical research material cannot be taken as experimental data.

    This is just one of many reasons.
    That's nice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •