The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1602

Page 1602 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 60211021502155215921600160116021603160416121652170221022602 ... LastLast
Results 24,016 to 24,030 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Spend past 3 hours watching old Oscars footage. I want be a actress....that will never happen.

Hopefully I'll have daughter in the future and she'll be an actress.
    Pushing your own dreams on your children sounds like a plan.
    A slight nudge wouldn't hurt. If she wants to be something else then she can but a slight nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    No matter how many times the girl I'm talking about says "it's fine" when I call myself a weirdo, I'm never satisfied. Such is the way of the self-hating pessimist.
    It makes us very uncomfortable but we don't want to be me. I freeze out guys after they do that.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

No matter how many times the girl I'm talking about says "it's fine" when I call myself a weirdo, I'm never satisfied. Such is the way of the self-hating pessimist.
    As someone else who is a massive pessimist when it comes to dating, I speak from experience when I say that acting insecure and apologizing is probably the thing that's holding you back much more than the actual awkward behavior you're sorry about itself. Just chill out, and try at least to feign confidence, even if you don't feel confident. People don't like to date sad sacks.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    People don't like to date sad sacks.
    Fuck.
    maglev is invisible

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As someone else who is a massive pessimist when it comes to dating, I speak from experience when I say that acting insecure and apologizing is probably the thing that's holding you back much more than the actual awkward behavior you're sorry about itself. Just chill out, and try at least to feign confidence, even if you don't feel confident. People don't like to date sad sacks.
    I don't plan to date her, because a) I have no chance and asking her out would just serve to weird her out and embarrass me, b) she's switching schools next year, c) I never want a serious relationship ever again, and d) I hate myself and so you have no idea how many things I can do to ruin everything have popped into my head. She's just kinda... tempting, I guess. :I

I sorta plan to just project all my human trust and feelings into her, and then when she leaves next year, I'll pretend like all my feelings have left with her and I'll never make the mistake of trusting someone ever again.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

If you pretend you are good at something long enough you eventually become good at it. Proven fact.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    That's nice.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    If you pretend you are good at something long enough you eventually become good at it. Proven fact.
    Does it work for guitar? :o

Blog Entries

All of punk music, so aye.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yes. That is how I learned how to play guitar. If you pretend you're good you tend to practice a lot.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

@<a href="http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=54120" target="_blank">Jack Pschitt</a>; Well, it tends to apply to other human relationships. People don't like to be friends with sad sacks, either, and you'll seem like a better friendship candidate if you're more uplifting.

On a completely different note, I took @<a href="http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=25441" target="_blank">TheMissingno.</a>;'s advice and I'm now in the middle of a Brotherhood marathon, on episode 16. I'm liking it so far! There is, indeed, a lot more Roy in this version!

My post count is now at 1967, I think that calls for a musical celebration:

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday; every post from now until 2013 should include your favorite song of that year.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

@<a href="http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=33254" target="_blank">Goodbye Blue Monday</a>; every post from now until 2013 should include your favorite song of that year.
    If I had known I was doing that, I would have started earlier. And "Lucy in the Sky" isn't my favorite of that year, it just seems to capture the zeitgeist best.

Here's one for '68:

TheMissingno. likes this.

Blog Entries

@<a href="http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/member.php?u=33254" target="_blank">Goodbye Blue Monday</a>; every post from now until 2013 should include your favorite song of that year.
    Or you'll get perma'd :p

Here's my favourite song from '32, since I have way too many posts.

maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Oooohh, I want to play!

58'

That's nice.

Blog Entries

For 1969, I'm picking something from an album that I used to be obsessed with that was released that year:

I feel like there's an awesome, trippy anime version of Tommy that some insane, drug-addled Japanese person needs to create, like, right now. Has to be better than the live-action movie.
    TheMissingno. likes this.

Blog Entries

1934 represent

I own the Tommy album, but I'm not a fan.
    maglev is invisible