The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1589

Page 1589 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 58910891489153915791587158815891590159115991639168920892589 ... LastLast
Results 23,821 to 23,835 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    There have been times in the Conversational Chat when people were talking about things I didn't care about. I didn't get mad about it. I just left and waited until they were talking about something I wanted to discuss.
    Look, I'll be honest here.

There have been countless times up through this thread were I couldn't give a flying fuck about the topic in the thread. I don't post about it, or maybe I post something else to try to change that. That happens when you've been here for some time, ask anyone else like Mijzelffan or Missigno for instance, they'd probably say the same (or something in that line).

That alone doesn't bother me, people talk about random shit all the time, and the odds of me being interested in everything out there is slim to none, and expecting everyone else to like the things I do is probably something fitting the definition of naive.

However, that still doesn't stop me from getting annoyed at some topics coming up very often.

Dude relax. It is her right to do what she wants. It's a free country. You can't force your will on people.
    Did I say to anyone "stop drinking"? No. I'm not telling anyone what not to do or whatever they want, I'm just sick and tired of alcohol being discussed the way it is ITT.

I think I'm at least entitled to doing that. I'm not entitled to having someone actually listen to what I say, but I should sure as fuck be allowed to say that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    There have been times in the Conversational Chat when people were talking about things I didn't care about. I didn't get mad about it. I just left and waited until they were talking about something I wanted to discuss.
    Look, I'll be honest here.

There have been countless times up through this thread were I couldn't give a flying fuck about the topic in the thread. I don't post about it, or maybe I post something else to try to change that. That happens when you've been here for some time, ask anyone else like Mijzelffan or Missigno for instance, they'd probably say the same (or something in that line).

That alone doesn't bother me, people talk about random shit all the time, and the odds of me being interested in everything out there is slim to none, and expecting everyone else to like the things I do is probably something fitting the definition of naive.

However, that still doesn't stop me from getting annoyed at some topics coming up very often.

Dude relax. It is her right to do what she wants. It's a free country. You can't force your will on people.
    Did I say to anyone "stop drinking"? No. I'm not telling anyone what not to do or whatever they want, I'm just sick and tired of alcohol being discussed the way it is ITT.

I think I'm at least entitled to doing that. I'm not entitled to having someone actually listen to what I say, but I should sure as fuck be allowed to say that.
    Well call the internet police for us then. Oh wait. it's an anarchy. We're not breaking the rules so if you don't like it, tough. Go blog about it or something.

Y > X

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

@H-con; I get annoyed when people discuss Pokemon here. Not just because this is the random thread where we get away from the main topic, but because I feel like the people who do it would be better served by posting in whatever is the appropriate thread on the topic (in terms of, they'll find more people interested who want to discuss it with them). And because it often seems to be done in a way as to derail whatever discussion that we're currently having.

But I don't say that to people when they post here about it. Because this is the random thread, and people can write whatever they want, and I recognize that with Pokemon X & Y coming out soon that people are pretty excited about the news trickling out about what's going to be in the game, and might not want to wait for the other threads to move faster to share their enthusiasm. I don't have a 3DS, so that's probably why I'm not as giddy about it as other people.

Just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean you should. Honestly, if you're not interested in whatever we're discussing, maybe it's just better to stop posting? Check out another thread, or maybe take a breather from the Internet in general?

Part of my irritation here is that people seem to be emboldened to be more judgmental about when people are talking about things like alcohol or drugs or partying or other "taboo" topics. We were talking about John Coltrane albums a few days ago, something of interest to maybe three or four people total. And no one bitched about that. And I think that was probably just as alienating to some of the younger users here as discussions about alcohol.

TL;DR: Chill out.
    Jolene likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

I think this is appropriate.
    Mitzman! and Misato Katsuragi like this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure a discussion on Coltrane would alienate most users, not just the younger ones. THE LIKE BUTTON, ITS GONE!
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    I think this is appropriate.
    Haha. I actually tend to exaggerate how much I drink when I talk about it here. I really just like going out drinking on weekends, and having the occasional hard cider, beer or wine at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    I'm pretty sure a discussion on Coltrane would alienate most users, not just the younger ones. THE LIKE BUTTON, ITS GONE!
    Exactly! Alcohol is a much greater common denominator.

Also, the like button disappears when the thread is refreshing a lot. Hit the refresh button on your browser and it will reappear.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah, drinking on the weekends is were its at. Preferably Saturday, gives you an excuse to not get up for church on Sunday. :D
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Dude, relax, have a drink and toss on A Love Supreme.

There will always be times in this thread where it will not be of interest to some of the members, and each poster here is entitled to try change the subject. If people want to talk about drinking, fine, if they want to talk about Pokemon, then fine. This thread is a conversational thread, we can't suit everyone because of how the conversations flow. There are times in here that I find bloody boring, but that's life, move on.

Lets stop arguing and get back to talking, eh?
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries

I don't drink at all. Alcohol has never appealed to me. Plus, I'm afraid I might wake up in a strange house.

Y > X

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've never drank because I'm going on sixteen.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I don't drink at all. Alcohol has never appealed to me. Plus, I'm afraid I might wake up in a strange house.
    Don't drink to excess and you'll be fine. I might have one bottle of cider a night at most because I don't like drinking more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    What does age have to do with drinking? :p
    seconds to forever

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, drinking on the weekends is were its at. Preferably Saturday, gives you an excuse to not get up for church on Sunday. :D
    ur goin 2 hell bro

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

My parent they were smart enough into scaring me into not drinking.
    Thank god I don't go to church.

Blog Entries

ur goin 2 hell bro
    Most Christians dislike church according to poll of my 3 best friends, 100% of them disliked it.

Y > X

Blog Entries

I'm an agnostic, so no church for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    This is why people have to learn to control their drinking! And why I'm planning to eat before I go to this. The quickest way to bridge the gap between "a little tipsy" and "puking-and-falling-down drunk" is to drink on an empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    What does age have to do with drinking? :p
    Legality, and access to it? I didn't drink much at all until I started college, and suddenly had access to lots of parties and stuff (I went to a pretty nerdy high school) and a lack of parental supervision. And I didn't really start regularly drinking until I was 21 and could go out and buy alcohol myself.