The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1586

Page 1586 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 58610861486153615761584158515861587158815961636168620862586 ... LastLast
Results 23,776 to 23,790 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Sure is fun living in a place with stable climate and with little seismic activity.

Gets slightly cold sometimes, but I can live with that. Not mind-numbingly cold anyways.

Got to have some benefits when the winter days are so fucking short as they are.
    You live in northern Europe, how does it not get mind numbingly cold.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Hurricanes are sucky. I have to remember to charge all my electronics before the power is cut. Then use them sparingly until it comes back.
    You're very nonchalant about it, missy. >:I The one time I was in a hurricane, I was huddled in an elementary school cafeteria and watched a giant side window blow out.
    After living in the Caribbean I find American authorities overreact to weak hurricanes. Remember Isaac? That bitch was weak, yet they closed schools for 2 days I think. I remember a hurricane in 1999 destroyed my grandmother's okra tree. We had to buy okras from that day on.
    Mine was a Category 4, so it was pretty serious, but yeah, I can see that sometimes. Like Sandy, it wasn't all that powerful, but it struck in a really unusual and unprepared spot, of course.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    You live in northern Europe, how does it not get mind numbingly cold.
    Living next to the ocean sure helps. Gulf Stream sure helps.

To be honest, it would have to drop below -15 for extended periods to even bother, and below -20 for some period for it to become unusually cold. Of course, inland have it generally colder, but it's not too bad really.

Back in my home town, even during the winter it doesn't usually get below -5-6 degrees. Below -10 is irregular. Of course, I'm further north now, but still. Mild winters is offset by not having rather warm summers though.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Gotcha, true enough. At least you would get light flurries if dropping below -15 would be an issue, cause I would assume -5 is the norm.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

It's very variable though. Basically the snow have been melting this week, and most of it have rained away earlier than I expected. Not that I'm really complaining.

It's always funny to see other countries freak out when some snow suddenly falls though.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    It's very variable though. Basically the snow have been melting this week, and most of it have rained away earlier than I expected. Not that I'm really complaining.

It's always funny to see other countries freak out when some snow suddenly falls though.
    Haha, yeah. Snow is snow, just deal with it people. England in particular is always funny, but considering how freak snow storms could also mean the gulf stream stopping is enough for concern...

Blog Entries

Oh, my god, you guys are throwing around those temperatures like they're nothing. e_e Those kinds of temperatures are all but unheard of here.
    Jolene likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Haha, yeah. Snow is snow, just deal with it people. England in particular is always funny, but considering how freak snow storms could also mean the gulf stream stopping is enough for concern...
    Nah, that's just BS.

While it's probably possible in some way to redirect the stream, we're talking about a very serious and large scale climate system here. It would probably take a vary long time or a very drastic event to alter it in any significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Oh, my god, you guys are throwing around those temperatures like they're nothing. e_e Those kinds of temperatures are all but unheard of here.
    Well, to be honest, they are really nothing. Many people here will probably complain about it being -15, but it's hardly that terrible. Just dress up and you're fine.

Blog Entries

I have to wear a coat around 18 degree Centigrade temperatures. I have no tolerance for cold at all. FLORIDA WINTERS ARE COLD TO ME!

Blog Entries

I have to wear a coat around 18 degree Centigrade temperatures. I have no tolerance for cold at all. FLORIDA WINTERS ARE COLD TO ME!
    I hear ya. I'd go into hypochondrathermia at anything less than that.

Five cookies to the first person who can figure out what "hypocondrathermia" means. I just made it up.

Blog Entries

After sitting outside, taking a shit in -15, you stop complaining so much about the cold. But then again, that entire military maneuver was pretty bad, and the low temperatures was just an added bonus.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Even as a new yorker -15 doesn't seem that cold to me, with wind chills the city easily drops to -5 on a snowy day. Of course it could be cause I lived in queens, where it was slightly colder then other parts of the city. But yeah, here it rarely gets below 0 only out of the city does it start getting chilly. Warm country in general.

Blog Entries

Yeah, as I said, I'm not really complaining.

The only times it can get really cold is when I'm skiing (alpine) and you're in the lift and the wind blows like hell, dropping in down in what is effectively 30 blue. Then again, I know how to dress, and my balaklava still manages to keep me warm enough.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Hey cool kids, I'm back! Swam 24 laps and blow-dried my hair afterward I'm feeling full of energy and SEX-AY

And I'm totally going to that dance party in Jamaica Plain after all, even without friends to go with me.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Hey cool kids, I'm back! Swam 24 laps and blow-dried my hair afterward I'm feeling full of energy and SEX-AY

And I'm totally going to that dance party in Jamaica Plain after all, even without friends to go with me.
    Wow that was quick, Well have fun at that party.

I am going to bed, later.
    Gone