The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1581

Page 1581 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 58110811481153115711579158015811582158315911631168120812581 ... LastLast
Results 23,701 to 23,715 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    I wish bitches loved black metal, I'd be a lot more popular.

I kid, I kid! I prefer melodic death metal.
    I wish girls loved dub techno. I've only met one.
    I was going to post a witty response that dub techno should be popular, but then I searched Dub Techno and saw that its a small sub genre. Now all I have to say is that if I had the endurance to listen to any sort of electronica, techno or dubstep I'd be swarming in bitches. I love musical theoretic and the history of most rock and metal genres, but the girls into metal or rock are not the kinds I like. They're either posers who think wearing spiky leather accessories painting their hair pink or white and getting tatoos is heavy or totally rock, or girls way too into it that get a bit too S&M for my personal tastes. Why can't I just find a girl who knows to listen to some good shit, and not someone trying too hard to fit in! says he with limp greasy long hair waiting for the proper length for a pony tail
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Dub techno has about 60 fans worldwide :p Ok, so it isn't that small, but it'll never be mainstream.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

True true, not as big at the Top 40. Am I the only one who doesn't really care for most music in the top 40? ;p

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I don't like Top 40. I prefer people who write their own music, and make it powerful instead of about teenage romance and parties. I like rock and metal, but I like a lot of other genres mixed in with that like hip hop, punk, post grunge, electronic, and occasionally pop.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

i usually like to listen to music that's in foreign languages. especially russian since.... i can speak it XD

yeah, pretty weird. but i always find people who feel the same way... on youtube.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

So I really want to go to this but my friends I usually go to these things with are either sick or out of town and I'm feeling like a socially-awkward little mess and not sure if I should go. But I really want to go! But I'm going to be so nervous going without friends!

Augh my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeXaLavenRayV View Post
    I don't like Top 40. I prefer people who write their own music, and make it powerful instead of about teenage romance and parties.
    Hey, about 99.99999% of professional classical musicians are playing music that they didn't write themselves. I don't think that diminishes them as musicians. Ability to interpret someone else's music is a skill unto itself.

(And as a composer I like that they don't write their own stuff, because then they can play mine! )

Anyway w/r/t the other part, I feel like people should write what they know, and if you're a teenager and what you know are teenage romance and parties, that works better than trying to tackle deep shit you might not understand yet.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 2nd March 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I thought a lot more write at least the majority of their songs. I feel like listening ta a band that doesn't write a good percentage of their songs is kind of like if one of my online friends was actually responding to me with words written by someone else. I guess it doesn't make the music less good, but I'd like ta here what the artist genuinely feels. It makes them more real ta me, instead of just being some mouthpiece for others. It's just something I'm finicky about :b . Listening ta songs about other people's teenage romances and parties is pretty dull, though, in my opinion.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

@ZeXaLavenRayV; Well, sometimes whatever you're genuinely feeling has already been better expressed by someone else, so you perform your own version of their song rather than a new song.

And yeah, in classical music the convention is, there are performers and there are composers. Plenty of composers perform, but we usually only know a few instruments, so we have performers to do it for us when we write for things we don't usually play, which is often. Generally, only a handful of professional classical performing musicians play their own music, and it's still going to be on a concert with stuff by other people.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Holy crap guys. I was up until 9:00 AM this morning and I have to go to kendo in like 10 minutes. I'm the only one with the dojo key so I can't skip. Also I asked my friend out on a date and she said no, so my life just got slightly more awkward. This day will turn around though, I can feel it.
    That's nice.

Boring and empty porkchopsandwiches's Avatar

Sounds like the beginning of an interesting day.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Also I asked my friend out on a date and she said no, so my life just got slightly more awkward.
    That's too bad.

I've been thinking of asking this girl out on a date, but I can't find a non-awkward way of doing it due to the manner we know each-other. I'll probably think of something.

We're having a Star Wars marathon tomorrow. I'm not sure which of the movies we're going to see, or if we're going to split it up.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by porkchopsandwiches View Post
    Sounds like the beginning of an interesting day.
    One can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Also I asked my friend out on a date and she said no, so my life just got slightly more awkward.
    That's too bad.

I've been thinking of asking this girl out on a date, but I can't find a non-awkward way of doing it due to the manner we know each-other. I'll probably think of something.

We're having a Star Wars marathon tomorrow. I'm not sure which of the movies we're going to see, or if we're going to split it up.
    That sounds awesome. You should watch 4 5 and 6 obvs.

Anyway I'm off, lateskies.
    That's nice.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Was up till 4 last night. Why do I stay up so late ;_;

Blog Entries

so... what do people usually do in general conversation? my first time here XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    so... what do people usually do in general conversation? my first time here XD
    We talk about random shit.

Like, the fact that I need the courage to go to that event I mentioned earlier, because I really want to get laid, and there are lots of other girls who like girls there. But I will feel like an awkward little mess without a friend to go with.

Also I told myself I'd get some swimming in this afternoon. grrrrraaaauuuuuuggghhhh but getting all my stuff together and getting to the gym is so haaaarrrrrrddddd