The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1576

Page 1576 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 57610761476152615661574157515761577157815861626167620762576 ... LastLast
Results 23,626 to 23,640 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Go for it.

There's a bunch of books and CDs on my desk and a Texas Instrument calculator. I'm sure they will all be Pokemon someday. The calculator could be Rotom's Math Form.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I wouldn't either. I'd just sit there and eavesdrop and silently judge their opinions.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoyal92 View Post
    There's a bunch of books and CDs on my desk and a Texas Instrument calculator. I'm sure they will all be Pokemon someday. The calculator could be Rotom's Math Form.
    I about died at "Math form." ZOMG I WONDER IF THAT'S THE NEW TYPE THAT SYLVEON WILL BE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't either. I'd just sit there and eavesdrop and silently judge their opinions.
    Yeah I'ma judge anyone who was apparently an anime fan in the era of Naruto and Inuyasha and isn't into FMA. Which they haven't mentioned yet. If they mention that or Madoka I'll probably introduce myself.

Although if they talk about FMA I'll probably have to mention the embarrassing fact that I haven't seen Brotherhood. (Where should I start if I've seen the first anime? I heard the first few episodes are similar and kind of boring.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I haven't seen Brotherhood.
    wait wut

(Where should I start if I've seen the first anime? I heard the first few episodes are similar and kind of boring.)
    Just start at the beginning. It's similar but there are some key differences. I think it's worth watching even if you've seen the 2003 series. The beginning that is. After the first 9 or so eps it gets very different. Very different indeed.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I about died at "Math form." ZOMG I WONDER IF THAT'S THE NEW TYPE THAT SYLVEON WILL BE
    The Math type. It needs to happen.

Yeah you should watch Brotherhood from the beginning. There's a lot of extra stuff, but it's just as good as the first series.

Blog Entries

wait wut
    Yep, I watched the entire first anime, but haven't gotten around to Brotherhood yet. It's on my to-watch list, but that list is a mile long at this point. I still have to finish the second season of Mad Men!

But since you say I should start at the beginning, I'll probably watch it soon. That question was the main thing that was keeping me from watching it. I wasn't sure where to start.

And Hulu has the subbed version of the series in its entirety even if you don't have Hulu Plus!

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

wait wut
    Yep, I watched the entire first anime, but haven't gotten around to Brotherhood yet. It's on my to-watch list, but that list is a mile long at this point. I still have to finish the second season of Mad Men!

But since you say I should start at the beginning, I'll probably watch it soon. That question was the main thing that was keeping me from watching it. I wasn't sure where to start.

And Hulu has the subbed version of the series in its entirety even if you don't have Hulu Plus!
    I normally don't like to tell people what to watch because I don't like it when people tell me what to watch, but in this case I'm going to make an exception because your enthusiasm with Roy Mustang is quite apparent. Therefore I am going to suggest that you give it special treatment on your to-watch list and allow it to butt ahead of some of the other shows that are patiently waiting. I know they will be upset, but they will get over it.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I normally don't like to tell people what to watch because I don't like it when people tell me what to watch, but in this case I'm going to make an exception because your enthusiasm with Roy Mustang is quite apparent. Therefore I am going to suggest that you give it special treatment on your to-watch list and allow it to butt ahead of some of the other shows that are patiently waiting. I know they will be upset, but they will get over it.
    Hahaha. So I take it there's a lot more of him in this series? Okay, then it definitely takes priority on my watch-list.

I'm also happy that I'm watching it subbed, because UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME I hate Vic Mignogna's voice-acting. (Like, I did even before I found out he was a homophobic, ultra-religious jerk IRL.)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

There is more of a lot of things. That's all I'll say, I don't want to hype it too much or spoil anything.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

There is more of a lot of things. That's all I'll say, I don't want to hype it too much or spoil anything.
    Oh, I know most of the plot already. That's part of why I'm skeptical of Brotherhood, because of a few things I really enjoy about the original anime that I know are different:

a) I like having a human Big Bad.
    b) The whole "it's the alternate universe of early 20th-century Europe" thing is pretty cool to me, because I'm really into that time period. I saw CoS when I was in the midst of my "Weimar Republic" phase and, let's just say that adds to it a lot. (Although it also makes me nitpicky about some things they didn't quite get right. Like FRITZ LANG LOOKED NOTHING LIKE KING BRADLEY.)
    c) I feel like Roy is a more interesting, complex character when he's the one who killed Winry's parents. But then, he's pretty interesting and complex regardless. He still has all those Ishvalans on his conscience.
    d) THE CHARACTER WITH THE SAME NAME AND HAIR COLORS AS ME has a bigger part in the original anime.
    e) Female Sloth is really hot

But I'm sure there are a million other things I will love about Brotherhood. So I know I should still see it.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 1st March 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I got to get around reading and watching the original series. Loved it when Toonami aired it back in the early 2000s, and its one of the main shows that got me into Anime, bar Pokemon cause I considered it a cartoon.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANGLE TO TAKE ON THIS ARTICLE AAAAAAAHHHHH

I'm writing about this:
    Obama administration to express support for gay marriage before Supreme Court - First Read

and have to portray it in context with this:
    Autostraddle — 75 Republicans and 278 Businesses Sign Briefs Supporting Gay Marriage, Recognize That DOMA Helps No One
    Clint Eastwood to Supreme Court: Drop California's ban on same-sex marriage - U.S. News

(Note: Autostraddle is also the website that I write for and that I'm writing this article for)

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    I got to get around reading and watching the original series. Loved it when Toonami aired it back in the early 2000s, and its one of the main shows that got me into Anime, bar Pokemon cause I considered it a cartoon.
    Yeah, I think FMA was a gateway drug to anime for a lot of people.

ERRWUN LOOK AT THIS PURTY PICTURE I TOOK OF KENMORE SQUARE:

kenmore.jpg
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 1st March 2013 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday; Try to write objectively from a neutral standpoint. Unless they explicitly ask for opinion. I try to write objectively as much as possible. To me it helps to improve my writing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    @Goodbye Blue Monday; Try to write objectively from a neutral standpoint. Unless they explicitly ask for opinion. I try to write objectively as much as possible. To me it helps to improve my writing.
    They do ask for opinion. This is an LGBT news website, so we're pro-marriage-equality and generally, pro-Democrats.

And they want my personal spin on things. Which is where I'm having difficulty right now. Figuring out what my personal spin is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    They do ask for opinion. This is an LGBT news website, so we're pro-marriage-equality and generally, pro-Democrats.

And they want my personal spin on things. Which is where I'm having difficulty right now. Figuring out what my personal spin is.
    Give the people what they want, but no twisting of truths, please. Use only facts and be honest to your readers.