The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1570

Page 1570 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 57010701470152015601568156915701571157215801620167020702570 ... LastLast
Results 23,536 to 23,550 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

I'm watching Mad Men and wondering if I should play the drinking game.

But I tried doing that with Most Popular Girls in School and didn't really enjoy it. It made drinking not fun, having to only do it at certain times, and there'd always be a bunch at certain moments and then I'd feel sick.

Aaaaand Don Draper is fucking another woman who isn't his wife.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

is that part of the drinking game?

cause you could die of alcohol poisoning if a mad men marathon is on

I like Cosgrove though, that's my boy!
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    is that part of the drinking game?

cause you could die of alcohol poisoning if a mad men marathon is on
    Yeah it is. And yeah, I'm not planning to really do this drinking game thing lol.

Also yay, another Mad Men fan on Bulba! I thought I was aloooooone. I'm marathoning it on Netflix and I'm on season 2, episode 6 right now. (I've seen the two most recent seasons, though, so I know all the shit that happens.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Good cause taht's asking for trouble >_<

Yeah you're not alone it's a pretty dope show, I got into it when they had a marathon on AMC late at night. Who's your favorite character?

Blog Entries

Good cause taht's asking for trouble >_<

Yeah you're not alone it's a pretty dope show, I got into it when they had a marathon on AMC late at night. Who's your favorite character?
    I don't know, because they're all kind of assholes in their own way!

Probably Peggy, because I sympathize with her plight as a woman trying to break into the boys' club, and because she has so many great lines. Or Joan, because, well. Because of reasons.

I also have kind of a "love to hate" relationship with Pete Campbell.

Those are all pretty great choices. Peggy's struggle is a nice thing to watch, and I think she's like one of the few women Don is straight up with. He respects her hustle, as e should

I think everybody is a fan of Joan for REASONS <_< >_> . She's a fascinating character though, watching how she maneuvers the advertising offices.

i liked seeing Pete get beat up, had it coming to him. He's an ambitious little dude. I think one thing I like about the show is the humor. Breaking Bad has some dark humor in it as well, and I enjoy both of those shows

Blog Entries

i liked seeing Pete get beat up, had it coming to him.
    Yeah, Lane punching him in the face was one of the best moments of Season 5.

Speaking of Lane...

Oh, I also forgot, I really like Sal. And I like that the next episode I have to watch is a Sal-focused episode. Bummed that they boot him off the show in the third season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    i liked seeing Pete get beat up, had it coming to him.
    Yeah, Lane punching him in the face was one of the best moments of Season 5.

Speaking of Lane...
    L
    Oh, I also forgot, I really like Sal. And I like that the next episode I have to watch is a Sal-focused episode. Bummed that they boot him off the show in the third season.
    I didn't know Lane had it in him. I literally said out loud "holy shit, he is kicking Pete's ass" and I was sort of like the rest of the guys in the office, grinning wile watching it.

The spoiler, I did not expect things to go that far for Lane, like I kept thinking something or someone would stop him you know?

After Sal caught Don in that compromising situation and he rejected that one client (or the guy's son, idr which) I kind of figured he might be in trouble. He was a fun character though, that's for sure

Blog Entries

The spoiler, I did not expect things to go that far for Lane, like I kept thinking something or someone would stop him you know?

After Sal caught Don in that compromising situation and he rejected that one client (or the guy's son, idr which) I kind of figured he might be in trouble. He was a fun character though, that's for sure
    Yeah, unfortunately. I really liked the moment though when Don catches Sal with the bellboy and Don's reaction is basically just, well, they all have skeletons in their closet and he tells him to "lower [his] exposure."

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post

Yeah, unfortunately. I really liked the moment though when Don catches Sal with the bellboy and Don's reaction is basically just, well, they all have skeletons in their closet and he tells him to "lower [his] exposure."
    yeah, that was a pretty grim scene and like you I thought it would end up like before, something stopping it but damn, another crazy moment in Mad Men

Sal, Harry, and Ken were like the three stooges of that office for me, always doing something crazy. I liked when Harry got into hari krishna and went out to california loool

Don is pretty chill like that, and I like how he dealt with Pete and the whole "mystery of the box/REAL Don Draper" situation too and was like "wuteva kiiiiid"

Blog Entries

I'd love to keep talking Mad Men, but I think it's bedtime for me.

Have a good night!

good night! i'll catch you later and we can talk more about it!

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay finished work. Friday night work is a killer especially when you skip work drinks.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Yay finished work. Friday night work is a killer especially when you skip work drinks.
    I imagine it must be, Friday school is bad enough! D: Work drinks? Eh?

So ... guess who was crowned the Bard in the Eisteddfod today. ;w;

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    So ... guess who was crowned the Bard in the Eisteddfod today. ;w;
    Barry White?
    maglev is invisible