The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1561

Page 1561 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 56110611461151115511559156015611562156315711611166120612561 ... LastLast
Results 23,401 to 23,415 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    I need a woman. Any takers? :p
    Mail order bride.
    Postage and packaging is too much.
    Cheaaaaaaaaaaap.

Also, Hi @Dashie

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I want to join this chat but I have to get on the subway in a few minutes.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I would join too, but it seems like everyone's in their own world.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    On a side note: British people have awesome accents
    @maria Nothing beats a Scottish one. xD
    There's no such thing as a Brtisih accent, though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
    Anyways hi guys :3
    Hey there! How are you? ^^

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

British Accents would be more accurate though, right? Considering how every city has one I mean.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's exactly right! There are lots of different English accents (Cockney, upper-class Londoner, Manchester), and even Scottish, Welsh and Irish accents can vary depending on where you are. What people define as a "British accent" is pretty much just an upper-class London accent. :P

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I have this urge now to speak in an upper London accent, and at such a degree is this urge I may allow this post to be read in such an accent.

Blog Entries

I just tried reading that in an upper-class accent in my head. XD;; I'm terrible at accents, the only one I can do is my own.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's basically the same as saying an "American accent," as though a Southern drawl, Lawngisland accents, Minn-a-soh-tan and California surfer speak all sound the same. There's just as much variation in British accents. All you have to do is watch Downton Abbey, and listen to the wide variety of different ways the characters talk, especially among the servants. Daisy's English sounds nothing like the London-esque accents the upstairs characters have.

Speaking of American accents, a lot of people who think they have the "generic American" accent you see on national news shows can vary. A lot of people in the Detroit area (where I'm from) think they have this accent but we say our short a's and o's in a very distinctive way. I was picked on for it a lot when I first moved to the East Coast (don't worry, it was good natured).

Fun fact: When I was really into the Harry Potter fandom, I was doing this musical fanwork as an online collaboration thing with two other Americans and one Brit. The British girl was the best singer (considering she was studying vocal music performance at uni) but one of the Americans insisted that she should be the one to sing because she "doesn't have an accent." The rest of us were like, um, a generic American accent is still an accent. (And really, you're going to act like the American way of speaking English is the default?)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly right! There are lots of different English accents (Cockney, upper-class Londoner, Manchester), and even Scottish, Welsh and Irish accents can vary depending on where you are. What people define as a "British accent" is pretty much just an upper-class London accent. :P
    They are all British accents.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    They are all British accents.
    It's still wrong to say there is one singular "British accent" though, any more than there is one singular "American accent."

I also think people who say "British accents are sexy" haven't really heard all of them. Again, Daisy from Downton Abbey is a good example.

-

Anyway, let's talk about something else because I have an hour to kill and I want to spend it on this thread.

I made the mistake of googling Ed/Roy doujinshi last night. Dear Lord, my eyes!
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 27th February 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I don't think that's true, but whatever.

Ed and Roy is my otp. They are so cute together :3

Joking aside, I just played this guy in chess from India with "ninetails" in his name. It was cool because we both had pokemons themed names, unless his was a reference to a different ninetails (which is entirely possible). It was still cool for me though. Also I won.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I feel so conflicted, because Ed/Roy is totally my OTP, but there's so little proof of it in canon. Especially in the manga/Brotherhood continuity, where they each have clearly-established female love interests (both are more ambiguous in the 2003 anime, IMO). And I really do like both of their canon romances too.

Also there's like a 15-year-old age difference between them and I get skeeved when my real-life gay guy friends go for guys that much older than them. And they're not under the age of consent. But then I also love Brian/Justin from Queer as Folk and they have a similar age difference.

And in general, I'm confused as to why stuff that I'm fine with in both writing and in television creeps me out when it comes to, you know, non-moving pictures.

Chess is fun. I wish I didn't suck at it (mainly because I don't have the patience for it), or I would probably play it online more.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 27th February 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Blog Entries

So on this restaurant's wifi connection, apparently watching shows on HBO GO is considered "excessive data transfer" that makes me seem like a suspicious spammer, and I had my Internet access suspended and had to get it restored.

So much bullshit. I was really enjoying that Girls episode and I've been putting it off for eons and was so excited! It's a Jessa episode! She's super-hot but she's barely been in this season! And she has a loopy hippie stepmom!
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 27th February 2013 at 02:47 PM.