The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1550

Page 1550 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 55010501450150015401548154915501551155215601600165020502550 ... LastLast
Results 23,236 to 23,250 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Unrelated: Guys, I want to go back to discuss self-esteem or drugs.
    Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm just going to go out there and say this is the best Conversational Chat day that has happened for a while.
    But nothing will ever beat the hilarity that were the discussions between kronosclown and revolvingscott :(

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I just wish I didn't have to be somewhere in half an hour, because I feel like this conversation would be vastly improved with alcohol.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

I get annoyed when students in disciplines such as Engineering or Biochem complain about workloads all the time. I know a few engineering students who not only refer to themselves as "engineers" even though they are mere students, but also spend 90% of the time complaining about how much work they have to do for classes. We get it, Statics is tough, and Dynamics is hard, but nobody forced you to major in Chemical Engineering or whatever. I'm fully aware that my classes are not as difficult as theirs, being in Naturalism/Forestry, but it's just aggravating to hear them moaning and groaning all the time.

Sorry for venting :P
    Misato Katsuragi and Mintaka like this.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just wish I didn't have to be somewhere in half an hour, because I feel like this conversation would be vastly improved with alcohol.
    Or pot.

You should get on here next time you smoke, that'd be hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    I get annoyed when students in disciplines such as Engineering or Biochem complain about workloads all the time. I know a few engineering students who not only refer to themselves as "engineers" even though they are mere students, but also spend 90% of the time complaining about how much work they have to do for classes. We get it, Statics is tough, and Dynamics is hard, but nobody forced you to major in Chemical Engineering or whatever. I'm fully aware that my classes are not as difficult as theirs, being in Naturalism/Forestry, but it's just aggravating to hear them moaning and groaning all the time.

I didn't realize this was about workload for a second. I thought it was yet another "What I do is so important, what you do isn't!" which is another conversation I'm sick to death of.

But yeah, while some humanities majors in undergrad might have relatively light workloads compared to those in STEM or the fine arts (because, as pointed out, music performance students have to practice pretty much constantly), I'm in grad school. Let's just say that "light workload" is not something that happens in grad school, regardless of discipline.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

It is, you can trust me. Though now it is going too fast for me to follow.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

You don't have to be so smug about it (and having friends in the sciences, you don't speak for all of them). A lot of humanities research can seem pretty esoteric and weird and unimportant outside of their disciplines, but let's not pretend there isn't plenty of that in certain parts of physics as well.
    I was not trying to extrapolate to make that hold for every university out there. That wouldn't be true at all, and would make a bad generalization.

I was specifically talking about my own. I probably didn't make that clear, but believe me, the difference in mandatory workload is laughable.

Also, as someone who was a music composition major in undergrad, music performance and composition majors aren't really what I mean in terms of "humanities." They're learning a craft, not studying music as an academic subject.
    True.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post

I'm sorry dude but that's total BS. Statics and dynamics aren't that hard. Everything else you said was true though.
    That's nice.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'll be on here, drinking later but I won't be drunk or anything.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Or pot.

You should get on here next time you smoke, that'd be hilarious.
    Eh when I toke up it's usually at parties. And the first thing I wanna do when I go home is listen to opera and marvel at how much deeper I FEEEEEEELLLLLL it, man.

Although hurristat aka twinArmageddons has conversed with me stoned, because we are IRL friends and we always have a Skype chat open. You should ask him if you really wanna know what I'm like in those moments.

Blog Entries

I just hate people who bitch in general. Nobody cares. You chose to do hard ass subjects so suck it up.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Although hurristat aka twinArmageddons has conversed with me stoned, because we are IRL friends and we always have a Skype chat open. You should ask him if you really wanna know what I'm like in those moments.
    Haha I might have to ask him, I'm sure he has some good stories.
    maglev is invisible

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    I'll be on here, drinking later but I won't be drunk or anything.
    Reminds of when a former-moderator called Porygon-Z started posting drunk and got fired because of it. Good times. Better watch out to not end up with the same fate as him :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    Haha I might have to ask him, I'm sure he has some good stories.
    Oh you have no idea. He really does.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the kind of music I listen to normally would be good stoner music.
    @maria; any comments on this? :I