The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1549

Page 1549 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 54910491449149915391547154815491550155115591599164920492549 ... LastLast
Results 23,221 to 23,235 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    The only social anxiety I ever felt was when I walk by a cute couple making out, and I have a fear of the BF seeing me checking out his woman.
    When you are bisexual, this happens all the time.
    Actually, because I'm a girl, a lot of times when I'm checking out the woman in a heterosexual couple, the man thinks I'm checking him out. And I give him a look like, "hell no!"

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I think I have an argument fetish. During the last election, I had my back to the wall. I was the only supporter of Candidate A, everyone else supported B. I argued with professors, students, even my own mom. I managed to swing just 2 people to my cause.
    I wish I could convince people of things. You should be proud you got two whole people to change their minds!
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

I think this is related to the "couples in public" situation, so I'm gonna share it - the worst PDA I've ever encountered. In spoilers because it's kinda gross:

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Unrelated: Guys, I want to go back to discuss self-esteem or drugs.
    If other people are fine with talking about it, then go ahead :)
    Misato Katsuragi and Mintaka like this.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

We could also talk about attractive fictional characters. I am fine gushing about Roy Mustang for a little longer.

Blog Entries

SELF ESTEEM! Now that @Jack Pschitt; is here.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I thought with how you responded to me, you were in the humanities?
    Not really, I study physics.

Of course, from our perspective, we have a skewed opinion about most of the humanities, mostly because most of the studies at our university in that direction have vastly less to do than us. I mean, from such a point of view, a lot of their workload is laughable.

Then again, I've seen some music students practice all the time, but that's what you get for combining studies with a hobby I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    SELF ESTEEM! Now that @Jack Pschitt; is here.
    Okay, so are you saying that I should go on about how much I hate myself, or go on about how much I jack off for lack of someone who actually likes me? I'm sure you don't want to hear either.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    The only social anxiety I ever felt was when I walk by a cute couple making out, and I have a fear of the BF seeing me checking out his woman.
    When you are bisexual, this happens all the time.
    Actually, because I'm a girl, a lot of times when I'm checking out the woman in a heterosexual couple, the man thinks I'm checking him out. And I give him a look like, "hell no!"
    Your not making it easy for me to post anymore, the internet's sexy side should stay out of here.

I think this is related to the "couples in public" situation, so I'm gonna share it - the worst PDA I've ever encountered. In spoilers because it's kinda gross:

Kinda reminds of this bar we went to and a guy basically was making hand gestures to a girl as a way to flirt cause the music was too loud. He had to be drunk, there is no other explanation.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

We could also talk about attractive fictional characters. I am fine gushing about Roy Mustang for a little longer.
    I have the biggest crush on Ally Sheedy's character in The Breakfast Clubs, her in my avatar. She's adorable and quirky.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to go out there and say this is the best Conversational Chat day that has happened for a while.
    Misato Katsuragi and Jolene like this.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I despise the sciences except Biology. I sucked at Physics and Chemistry in high school. My mind is not mathematically inclined.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    I thought with how you responded to me, you were in the humanities?
    Not really, I study physics.

Of course, from our perspective, we have a skewed opinion about most of the humanities, mostly because most of the studies at our university in that direction have vastly less to do than us. I mean, from such a point of view, a lot of their workload is laughable.

Then again, I've seen some music students practice all the time, but that's what you get for combining studies with a hobby I guess.
    You don't have to be so smug about it (and having friends in the sciences, you don't speak for all of them). A lot of humanities research can seem pretty esoteric and weird and unimportant outside of their disciplines, but let's not pretend there isn't plenty of that in certain parts of physics as well.

Also, as someone who was a music composition major in undergrad, music performance and composition majors aren't really what I mean in terms of "humanities." They're learning a craft, not studying music as an academic subject.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm just going to go out there and say this is the best Conversational Chat day that has happened for a while.
    Definitely :D Very active, lots of laughs, great people. Been a good 'un.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Telling stories is literally the only thing I don't feel like I completely suck at.