The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1548

Page 1548 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 54810481448149815381546154715481549155015581598164820482548 ... LastLast
Results 23,206 to 23,220 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

@Goodbye Blue Monday; You should be grateful you hang around people who can carry conversations that you actually want to have. I'm surrounded by idiots.

Blog Entries

Politics. The most interesting and controversial thing ever. I love a good debate.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Biology is the best subject you puny mortals, anything else is easy or too boring to learn. Physics too, if you can be bothered with the maths. But biology is top dog. Especially anatomy. I will always remember how dissecting a frog got everyone super squeamish, and I was the only one who went balls deep and was super excited about it. We get to cut this frog up? SWEEET!
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    @Goodbye Blue Monday; You should be grateful you hang around people who can carry conversations that you actually want to have. I'm surrounded by idiots.
    You're in high school right? Don't worry, that will change.

@everyone else : My program is so awesome you probably haven't heard it! *takes off hipster glasses* I'm studying musicology. Think what art history majors do, but with music.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    It'd better. I can't take this shit any more. I mean, I try talking to people who seem okay, and then either a) they start avoiding me, b) they prove to not be people I want to hang around, and/or c) they move somewhere else.

Blog Entries

It'd better. I can't take this shit any more. I mean, I try talking to people who seem okay, and then either a) they start avoiding me, b) they prove to not be people I want to hang around, and/or c) they move somewhere else.
    I would give advice, but you're asking the wrong person. I was an awkward mess in high school. In fact, I am still, but less of one - partly because I surround myself with other awkward messes who have similar interests.

As you get older in general, you have more choice about who you socialize with, so things really will get better. I promise.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Only discuss politics with people you disagree with. It's more exiting. Also, have a response to everything, and JUST MURDER YOUR OPPONENT!
    Have no mercy. Make them feel ashamed and reexamine their lives.

That's how one debates.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    History4lyf!

His-to-ry! His-to-ry!
    To be honest, if there is one thing in humanities that's interesting, it's history.

I could probably never study it, but it's still interesting to read and learn about.

You don't even talk like this at conferences?
    If I'm trying to relay something in a mathematically rigorous way, then maybe it could be seen something like that, but it's not like we casually discuss set theory and partial differential equations everywhere just because we want to.

It's more like this in the breaks at lectures:

"Hey, you should ask the professor in thermodynamics what the ∂ sign means in the differentials. That'll be fun"

Of course no one does it because that's just moronic, but we'd have a good laugh if someone did it.

The only thing I'm jealous at the bio students for is when I saw the pics of them having tarantulas crawling on the arms from their lab. Other than that, no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Only discuss politics with people you disagree with. It's more exiting. Also, have a response to everything, and JUST MURDER YOUR OPPONENT!
    Have no mercy. Make them feel ashamed and reexamine their lives.

That's how one debates.
    It depends on how much you disagree. I have no desire to discuss whether I deserve equality with a homophobe, for instance.

Also, it's possible to have interesting discussions with people you agree with, they're just not necessarily "debates." (Although they can be. Part of the reason that the left has been so unsuccessful in American politics is that they'll get in a huge fight with someone who they 99% agree with over the other 1%. Nowhere is this truer than in college.)
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    History4lyf!

His-to-ry! His-to-ry!
    To be honest, if there is one thing in humanities that's interesting, it's history.
    I thought with how you responded to me, you were in the humanities?

Also I love history. Obviously, because I'm studying the music version of it. My current major is basically the combination of my two favorite subjects in high school (history and music).

Blog Entries

I would give advice, but you're asking the wrong person. I was an awkward mess in high school. In fact, I am still, but less of one - partly because I surround myself with other awkward messes who have similar interests.

As you get older in general, you have more choice about who you socialize with, so things really will get better. I promise.
    Well, I've heard that from enough people to the point where I'll count on it. Knowing my luck, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but whatever.

Oh, that's another: or d) I start hating my stupid, socially awkward self to the point where I start worrying that people are avoiding me when they're probably just not as desperate for someone to enjoy spending time around as I am. That's usually what happens.

Man, I need to stop caring about people. Fuck people.

Blog Entries

Oh, that's another: or d) I start hating my stupid, socially awkward self to the point where I start worrying that people are avoiding me when they're probably just not as desperate for someone to enjoy spending time around as I am. That's usually what happens.

This is true for me, too, because I have social anxiety. You just have to remind yourself that nobody cares about you as much as you do - in a good way (meaning, they're not scrutinizing you). Ask yourself if you carefully consider the things in other people that you're worried about in yourself. You probably don't, right? That means they're probably not examining that in you, either.

Blog Entries

This is true for me, too, because I have social anxiety. You just have to remind yourself that nobody cares about you as much as you do - in a good way (meaning, they're not scrutinizing you). Ask yourself if you carefully consider the things in other people that you're worried about in yourself. You probably don't, right? That means they're probably not examining that in you, either.
    "But what if they are?" my annoying pessimistic self asks. And that's why advice is wasted on me.

Blog Entries

"But what if they are?" my annoying pessimistic self asks. And that's why advice is wasted on me.
    You'll figure it out.

Unrelated: Guys, I want to go back to discuss self-esteem or drugs.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

The only social anxiety I ever felt was when I walk by a cute couple making out, and I have a fear of the BF seeing me checking out his woman.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

I think I have an argument fetish. During the last election, I had my back to the wall. I was the only supporter of Candidate A, everyone else supported B. I argued with professors, students, even my own mom. I managed to swing just 2 people to my cause.