The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1544

Page 1544 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 54410441444149415341542154315441545154615541594164420442544 ... LastLast
Results 23,146 to 23,160 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Wow, insulting much? Weed is probably one of the least harmful and addictive drugs in the world, so it's very easy to do without hurting your finances, and my parents only do it occasionally. My parents are fine with me smoking it precisely because it doesn't do that much. They'd be very upset if I even got into smoking regular cigarettes, or any harder drugs.
    I think you need to redefine what an insult is to you. Also stop acting like you (or fab) are being persecuted, you're not.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Wow, insulting much? Weed is probably one of the least harmful and addictive drugs in the world, so it's very easy to do without hurting your finances, and my parents only do it occasionally. My parents are fine with me smoking it precisely because it doesn't do that much. They'd be very upset if I even got into smoking regular cigarettes, or any harder drugs.
    I think you need to redefine what an insult is to you. Also stop acting like you're being persecuted, you're not.
    I'm not acting like I'm persecuted. But I think it's insulting to imply that I had a poor childhood and shouldn't have been able to afford college because my parents enjoy smoking pot and I have done it with them.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    I wish I had parents that smoked weed.
    The probably wouldn't have had enough money for your college education if they did. Though if you needed to loan money anyway I guess there's no difference. Maybe you'd have had a poorer childhood overall.
    Free collage education in Scotland :D
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Also re: the previous page's conversation about parents catching you with things: My parents know I smoke pot because I have smoked pot with them. This is the life I live.
    Marry me?
    Because I like FMA and have stoner parents? That doesn't seem to be much on which to base a relationship.

That depends, though, do you look anything like Roy Mustang?

The probably wouldn't have had enough money for your college education if they did. Though if you needed to loan money anyway I guess there's no difference. Maybe you'd have had a poorer childhood overall.
    You lucky bastards. Does it apply to grad school as well?

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Call me a pussy, but I am what I have.

I never did drugs and I have no intention to. Don't want to take chance. What if my body reacts negatively to it?

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So we're talking about smoking pot, huh?

... I got nothin'.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that's the case in all of Europe. Unless of course you want to learn how to cook, then that shit becomes way expensive. Damn you higher learning and your non-tolerance for government funded culinary arts!
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    Call me a pussy, but I am what I have.

I never did drugs and I have no intention to. Don't want to take chance. What if my body reacts negatively to it?
    There's nothing wrong with not doing drugs. The "reacts negatively" thing is part of the reason I'm kind of scared to try psychedelic drugs like LSD or magic mushrooms, because I'm worried about what I would see in my bad trips. (Though I probably will end up trying them anyway, when I get my first good opportunity to do so.)

I just get mad when someone tries to suggest my parents neglected me because they smoke pot. So I have no quarrel with you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

... I got nothin'.
    You missed our convo about self esteeming.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I'm not acting like I'm persecuted. But I think it's insulting to imply that I had a poor childhood and shouldn't have been able to afford college because my parents enjoy smoking pot and I have done it with them.
    You are acting like you're being persecuted. The post wasn't even directed at you, yet you immediatly jump at it like it was and start being defensive. Point in case. Also it's a simple fact that not smoking / not doing drugs means you save the money you'd otherwise spend on that, which you can then spend on other things like a gambling addiction.

Heh, awesome. Wish they'd do that here. But it's all been budget cuts since the crisis.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I don't even know if we have the concept of grad school, but basically uni, college and school is paid for the government. I think you pay for uni/college once you reach 25 or if you go back to college/uni.

Also, no one seemed to notice the college/collage joke. Oh well.
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries

You are acting like you're being persecuted. The post wasn't even directed at you, yet you immediatly jump at it like it was and start being defensive. Point in case. Also it's a simple fact that not smoking / not doing drugs means you save the money you'd otherwise spend on that, which you can then spend on other things like a gambling addiction.
    Yeah, but the only reason that conversation was happening was because I mentioned that my parents had smoked pot with me. So that's why it felt directed at me.

The money thing is why I personally don't ever buy drugs; when I've done them, it's most been at parties where somebody else brought a bag of weed and shared it with everyone. I'm a broke-ass grad student and don't have money for luxuries like that.

I don't even know if we have the concept of grad school, but basically uni, college and school is paid for the government. I think you pay for uni/college once you reach 25 or if you go back to college/uni.

Also, no one seemed to notice the college/collage joke. Oh well.
    You definitely have it, but maybe you use a different term. In the U.S., "grad school" is anything beyond a bachelors degree, so masters/Ph.D./etc. (Although it's not usually used with professional degrees, like law or medical school.)

Then again, I only have Ph.D. left after this, and even in the U.S., most decent Ph.D. programs pay your whole tuition and give you a living stipend. So probably not an issue.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Oh man, reading the AMA on reddit for bordain, and I'm laughing my ass off.
    I am Anthony Bourdain. Ask me Anything. : IAmA
    For me he's one of the truest, most sincere tv chef's, considering how he's one of the few who has actually been in a restaurant. I really want to reach his status one day, I really really do.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... I got nothin'.
    Oh, there's not much to that for me. I view myself as a worthless piece of shit who has no reason to trudge through every day but does so anyway.

I'd rather talk about pot, but of course I have nothing to contribute because the only interesting things that happen to me are things that I make interesting to reminisce on because my life is actually mind-numbingly boring and pointless.

Blog Entries

... I got nothin'.
    Oh, there's not much to that for me. I view myself as a worthless piece of shit who has no reason to trudge through every day but does so anyway.

I'd rather talk about pot, but of course I have nothing to contribute because the only interesting things that happen to me are things that I make interesting to reminisce on because my life is actually mind-numbingly boring and pointless.
    That's not what I meant by self esteeming.