The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1411
Page 1411 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 4119111311136114011409141014111412141314211461151119112411 ... LastLast
Results 21,151 to 21,165 of 41324

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    I don't get what you mean by Purugly. I know that isn't Skitty. I was referring to HSOWA.
    Joke

My head

Anyways, I thought for a moment you mixed Skitty and Purugly. I see what you mean now.

Also, I'm not saying Gen I had super developed Legendaries and Gen IV and Gen V didn't. I don't believe that. I just don't see the point in introducing 10+ legends unless you can thoroughly develop each one (and I don't think box legendaries have ever suffered from this). Maybe I'd like to see fewer event only Pokemon and more in-game searching (like have us find Meloetta's red shoes instead of having us download the Pokemon at an event). I don't know; I do think I can't return to the childlike enthusiasm I did have (not being a child any longer and all), so I don't expect that.
    Well, I blame events and movies needing their exclusives. If there is anything to cut down on, it would be that, because let's face it, that's where the plot problems lie.

Though with proper DLC this could be adressed on the 3DS. Hopefully it'll stay free like up until now, paid DLC have a tendency to turn into cancer.

I liked Mewtwo's plot handling, but any chance of retconning (I could have seen them do ... better) was thrown out the window with FrLg. Probably for the best.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I would dislike if you had to pay just for event Pokemon.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    That's like a ton. I dont get why there has to be so many.
    3 box legends, 3 members of a trio, 2 event legendaries and 1 roamer. That's the bare minimum. And very unlikely to happen, as there will be more than that.

I mean if there are 10+ legendaries, if they are cool and interesting, I wont really complain, but I don't expect them all to be like that.
    I thought gen V's legendaries were pretty cool. The genies were kinda bland at first but their therian formes make them a bit more interesting.

They've also been less conservative in the number they introduce in each generation.
    Gen I: 5
    Gen II: 6
    Gen III: 10
    Gen IV: 13
    Gen V: 13
    Also if we add formes to this, it will change into:

I: 5
    II: 6
    III: 13
    IV: 15 (not counting Arceus formes)
    V: 20 (not counting genesect formes)

I would dislike if you had to pay just for event Pokemon.
    They said they weren't gonna do this.

Blog Entries

I think if they're doing paid DLC, give us some cool event areas where you can catch rare Pokemon and such, more to explore, adding more content to the games that way would be very interesting and keep people playing after finishing the game.

Im ok with formes for the most part, I feel though that things like Keldeo's Resolute forme were kinda bland. I do like what they did with Kyurem with the fusions, Id like to see more things like that. I agree that the Genies Therian formes improve them in my eyes.

I still hate Roamers >.< There werent any in BW2, I like that change.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Blog Entries

Well deoxys-d, a and s, giratina-o, shaymin-s, the therians and the kyurem formes are clearly different pokémon than their originals (you can argue for Meloetta either way). It's almost the same as them introducing new legendaries, only they share a name and pokedex entry with their original formes.

Blog Entries

I like pretty much all those really(except Shaymin's form, just personal opinion), I do think they should be different then the original forme and I think in general the forms are interesting.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Stopping the Apocalypse Hachidori's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    I don't get what you mean by Purugly. I know that isn't Skitty. I was referring to HSOWA.
    Joke

My head

Anyways, I thought for a moment you mixed Skitty and Purugly. I see what you mean now.
    Haha, that happens to me a lot. Actually, I had to think on what you meant by
    "Joke

My Head" xD

Also, I'm not saying Gen I had super developed Legendaries and Gen IV and Gen V didn't. I don't believe that. I just don't see the point in introducing 10+ legends unless you can thoroughly develop each one (and I don't think box legendaries have ever suffered from this). Maybe I'd like to see fewer event only Pokemon and more in-game searching (like have us find Meloetta's red shoes instead of having us download the Pokemon at an event). I don't know; I do think I can't return to the childlike enthusiasm I did have (not being a child any longer and all), so I don't expect that.
    Well, I blame events and movies needing their exclusives. If there is anything to cut down on, it would be that, because let's face it, that's where the plot problems lie.

Though with proper DLC this could be adressed on the 3DS. Hopefully it'll stay free like up until now, paid DLC have a tendency to turn into cancer.

I liked Mewtwo's plot handling, but any chance of retconning (I could have seen them do ... better) was thrown out the window with FrLg. Probably for the best.
    Yeah, maybe I'd care more about the event legendaries associated with the movies if I actually watched the movies lol

Paid DLC is annoying. I hadn't experienced it until New Super Mario Bros. 2 (all I've ever played has been Nintendo stuff and they were the last to jump on the paid DLC wagon), but I calculated that to get all the Coin Rush course packs, I'd end up paying $22.50 (no idea what that is in your currency, but the game itself was $39.99). And apparently Nintendo has made a shit ton off of Fire Emblem Awakening DLC in Japan.

I guess they could do a remake of FRLG if they really wanted to expose themselves to so much rage.

Blog Entries

Id like if we didnt see any more of Kanto until the 20th anniversery of Pokemon.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Blog Entries

Paid DLC is annoying. I hadn't experienced it until New Super Mario Bros. 2 (all I've ever played has been Nintendo stuff and they were the last to jump on the paid DLC wagon), but I calculated that to get all the Coin Rush course packs, I'd end up paying $22.50 (no idea what that is in your currency, but the game itself was $39.99). And apparently Nintendo has made a shit ton off of Fire Emblem Awakening DLC in Japan.
    Heh, I actually ended up buying all the dlc packs for that x)

Also all current fire emblem awakening dlc together is 7350 yen if I counted right, which is almost €58, more than they're gonna charge for the actual game. Though if they'll round down the prices (200 yen being €1,50 rather than €2,-) it might end up being a bit lower with €48, but still more than the game itself is probably going to cost.

Stopping the Apocalypse Hachidori's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Heh, I actually ended up buying all the dlc packs for that x)
    If I had purchased the game when it first released, I'd probably have purchased the DLC packs as they came out. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't finish the game until all the packs had been released and I figured out the final price tag. I need to be conservative with my money at the moment xD

Also all current fire emblem awakening dlc together is 7350 yen if I counted right, which is almost €58, more than they're gonna charge for the actual game. Though if they'll round down the prices (200 yen being €1,50 rather than €2,-) it might end up being a bit lower with €48, but still more than the game itself is probably going to cost.
    Wow, that's crazy. I guess it's a good thing I've only played Sacred Stones, right now it's only Eirika (although wtf is up with her redesign) and Ephraim that I'd be tempted to buy (I think all the other characters from Sacred Stones that are available are free via Spotpass).

Id like if we didnt see any more of Kanto until the 20th anniversery of Pokemon.
    Only got a few more years for that. :p
    But I dunno, I love Kanto. I wouldn't mind seeing another updated version of RBY in 3D, but yeah, not for a few years at least. As much as I love Kanto though, I really do want a Ruby/Sapphire remake. For being the first Pokemon game made for the GBA, the region was amazing.

Blog Entries

I think Hoenn definately will be first to be remade,I dont nessesarily mean I want another Kanto remake though.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

I'd rather them make another Johto game than a Kanto. But Hoenn is most deserving.

Blog Entries

I dont see Johto getting another game anytime soon either, I do think Hoenn will be remade this generation.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth is Elusive View Post
    I'd rather them make another Johto game than a Kanto. But Hoenn is most deserving.
    Johto wasn't as great as everybody says it is. Plus, half of the original game was in Kanto.. at least in the remakes they added a whole new side to the Johto region to give you something else to do.