The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4 - Page 1213

Page 1213 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 2137131113116312031211121212131214121512231263131317132213 ... LastLast
Results 18,181 to 18,195 of 41324
Like Tree10718Likes

Thread: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Don't take what anyone says so close to your heart, man. No one here intends to hurt you, we're just having a laugh.
    Everyone here intends to crush my bones to no end, because that's how the internet works. Just look at Youtube and 4chan.
    I doubt YouTube and 4chan have a personal agenda against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Come on man, it was an obvious joke, why on earth would Stephen Fry be in a fighting game?
    Why wouldn't he be?
    He's British.
    Windfall likes this.
    maglev is invisible

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have to get worked up because it is in my nature; it is part of who I am. And this is the result for being myself on the internet instead of being someone that I'm not.
    Windfall likes this.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come on man, it was an obvious joke, why on earth would Stephen Fry be in a fighting game?
    Why wouldn't he be?
    He's British.
    Hmm, that is true.
    Windfall likes this.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't he be?
    He's British.
    Hmm, that is true.
    :( Dude, I know.

I have to get worked up because it is in my nature; it is part of who I am. And this is the result for being myself on the internet instead of being someone that I'm not.
    You could pretend to be a former drug smuggler for Mexico.
    H-con and Windfall like this.
    maglev is invisible

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, people will take you a lot more seriously then.
    Windfall likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No one will ever understand what's going on in my mind, to the point where I have to explain them in detail. And because of that, @Kaori; became my enemy, which I don't want that to happen because I still want to be friends with her.
    Windfall likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Relevant

Allow me to make an example that will put things in proper context, about taking things seriously and stuff.

So, I study physics right. A shitload of that involves differential equations, and solving them (obviously). Now, I have this fourth order partial differential equation for modeling a vibrating disc. Now, I could try separation of variables, but if I asked my math professor if that was a viable ansatz, he'd probably not take me very seriously. Of course, one of the better ways would be fourier transforms (naturally this depends on the functions involved, but for the current level, this would suffice). Now, I could be devastated that my planned technique was utter shit for solving the problem, or I could say something like "Hey, this is much better, let's do this!".

It's not like my professor wants to crush every bone in my body (that'll probably happen during exam Saturday anyways), but dealing with actual criticism is something we all must face sooner or later.

Of course, the scenario above is not very serious, as I obviously knew I was to use Fourier transforms, but besides that it works.
    Windfall and Orion like this.

Blog Entries

Yeah, people will take you a lot more seriously then.
    I know I would.

Or maybe it'd be fear.
    No one will ever understand what's going on in my mind, to the point where I have to explain them in detail. And because of that, @Kaori; became my enemy, which I don't want that to happen because I still want to be friends with her.
    Kaori, really? She's fucking fantastic, one of my favourite people of all time, how on earth is she your enemy?
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Relevant

Allow me to make an example that will put things in proper context, about taking things seriously and stuff.

So, I study physics right. A shitload of that involves differential equations, and solving them (obviously). Now, I have this fourth order partial differential equation for modeling a vibrating disc. Now, I could try separation of variables, but if I asked my math professor if that was a viable ansatz, he'd probably not take me very seriously. Of course, one of the better ways would be fourier transforms (naturally this depends on the functions involved, but for the current level, this would suffice). Now, I could be devastated that my planned technique was utter shit for solving the problem, or I could say something like "Hey, this is much better, let's do this!".

It's not like my professor wants to crush every bone in my body (that'll probably happen during exam Saturday anyways), but dealing with actual criticism is something we all must face sooner or later.

Of course, the scenario above is not very serious, as I obviously knew I was to use Fourier transforms, but besides that it works.
    I love the image, and I must admit I haven't a clue what you just said.
    Windfall and Kaori like this.
    maglev is invisible

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Kaori, really? She's fucking fantastic, one of my favourite people of all time, how on earth is she your enemy?
    She chose to be my enemy, not me. When I talked to her on Skype about my problem regarding my SSB blog, she refused to help me because she's sick and tired of my arrogance and refusal to take anyone's advice. I tried explaining to her why her advices, as well as advices from everyone else, aren't really advices, her "advices" only made me feel even more depressed about my life, she's had it and told me to never speak to me again unless I change. That made me assume she became my enemy.
    Windfall likes this.

Blog Entries

She chose to be my enemy, not me. When I talked to her on Skype about my problem regarding my SSB blog, she refused to help me because she's sick and tired of my arrogance and refusal to take anyone's advice. I tried explaining to her why her advices, as well as advices from everyone else, aren't really advices, her "advices" only made me feel even more depressed about my life, she's had it and told me to never speak to me again unless I change. That made me assume she became my enemy.
    If she doesn't want to talk to you, for whatever reason, then just leave her. I doubt she hates you, but perhaps she is just tired of the personality clashes.

Anyway, lol e-drama.
    Windfall, Kaori and Karamazov like this.
    maglev is invisible

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If she doesn't want to talk to you, for whatever reason, then just leave her. I doubt she hates you, but perhaps she is just tired of the personality clashes.

Anyway, lol e-drama.
    She and I both share almost everything in common in terms of our lives and our problems. I really don't want to lose content to another of my kind.
    Windfall likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I love the image, and I must admit I haven't a clue what you just said.
    Good. This is only a sign that you're normal.

Also, e-drama?
    Windfall and Orion like this.

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

LOL this is getting hilariously out of control. If advices aren't advices, what could they be?

I guarantee you that she was just trying to help you out. Kaori is one of the kindest people I know, and she probably did get tired of your constant advice refusals, for which I can't blame her whatsoever. Chances are, people giving you advice are trying to help you, not trying to sabotage your life.
    Windfall, Kaori and Karamazov like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    LOL this is getting hilariously out of control. If advices aren't advices, what could they be?

I guarantee you that she was just trying to help you out. Kaori is one of the kindest people I know, and she probably did get tired of your constant advice refusals, for which I can't blame her whatsoever. Chances are, people giving you advice are trying to help you, not trying to sabotage your life.
    My life is being sabotage, because they contradict from what I've learned by the people from SPPF and the Youtube ranters.
    Windfall likes this.

Blog Entries

@Ghetsis-Dennis;

I don't even know what that means, so I'll leave you with this;

Kouzan, Windfall and H-con like this.
    maglev is invisible