animals you find cute/interesting/beautiful that most people find Gross/ugly/scary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: animals you find cute/interesting/beautiful that most people find Gross/ugly/scary

50% loser & 50% Bad jokes Kay-Senpai's Avatar

Default animals you find cute/interesting/beautiful that most people find Gross/ugly/scary

I absolutely love spiders I just find them so cute <3 especially jumping spiders, Huntsman spiders,and Tarantulas
    I always wanted a spider for a pet but my parents wont let me have one they don't want a spider in the house

I use to be terrified of them when I was a little one but hell a ton of shit scared me when I was little
    though I admit I'm scared of the ones that can kill not because of how they look no just because I rather be safe and not die

condors IMO these birds are just magnificent and made of pure beauty

Hairless cats, and the Chinese cresties[[dog breed]]

I don't care what anyone says these things are adorable precious babies

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Blog Entries

Default Re: animals you find cute/interesting/beautiful that most people find Gross/ugly/scar

I actually like sharks. I find them to be interesting. I'm sick of movies portraying them as evil. Even a lot of people I know think that sharks are cruel, brutal animals whose lives revolve around attacking humans. Chances are many sharks will go their whole lives without ever seeing a human. And not even 20 species out of about 300 attack humans. What about the plethora of species that are harmless?

I really love dugongs. They are so cute. I actually have a plush dugong from the World Wildlife Fund. He's really cute - I named him Qadir. (There's a lot of dugongs in Northern Australia, but they also have them in the Red Sea in Egypt. I didn't get to see them when I went, though.)

Default Re: animals you find cute/interesting/beautiful that most people find Gross/ugly/scar

If anything, then it would have to be the Zebra Shark. Like zakisrage, I believe most people don't appreciate sharks. The statistics are you have more of a chance of being struck in the head with a coconut, or even being in a plane crash than being attacked by a shark. And even when a shark attacks, it's almost always because of the victim provoking it. True, the bull shark is quite vicious and is ruthless, but so little of the shark population is dangerous.

Anyways, back to my favorite animal: the Zebra Shark. I find it quite majestic and graceful. It glides through the water with ease and props itself up on its fins on the sea floor with its mouth open to allow its prey to simply float into its mouth. It's not even carnivorous. It rarely eats other fish and prefers undersea plants.

Credit to Blazaking for the banner.
    Nyan. ~Nyan Cat

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Insects, period. Cicadas and hawk moths are pretty much the most adorable thing ever, but so many people have negative knee-jerk reactions to anything that doesn't have vertebrae. Squid and jellies can be really cute as well, especially the juveniles.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I especially have a soft sport for reptiles. I always wanted an iguana, but I couldn't get one on account of one of my sisters being deathly afraid of them at the time. I even prepared a seminar for her to teach her not to be afraid.

Oh, and pit bulls. They have such a bad reputation, which is pretty undeserved. Pit bulls are the sweetest dogs I know.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

As you can see just looking at my username, I am really fond in most of insects (and arachnids as well)
    I love them since I was a little kid. They are so cute, specially moths like this one:

Scorpions are also very cute.
    And of course, snakes. They are made of pure love. <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I especially have a soft sport for reptiles. I always wanted an iguana, but I couldn't get one on account of one of my sisters being deathly afraid of them at the time. I even prepared a seminar for her to teach her not to be afraid.

Oh, and pit bulls. They have such a bad reputation, which is pretty undeserved. Pit bulls are the sweetest dogs I know.
    I think pit bulls are cute, but unfortunately the government in my area does not.

Personally, I hate the restrictions that we have in New South Wales regarding pit bulls. In NSW, we can't import pit bulls from other countries. According to Wikipedia, they must be muzzled and wear special collars. The owner of one has to post "Warning: Dangerous Dog" signs. They are required by law to be neutered. And to make things worse, the owner has to notify the government if something happens to the dog.

While I'm not exactly a dog person, I think that the restrictions are dumb. I don't see pit bulls as pure evil - it's because people breed them for the wrong reasons. Even a lot of dog lovers view pit bulls as evil. I hope that one day people where I live will have the freedom to own them.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Most insects, especially Cicadas and Beetles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Look at this little cutie patootie <3

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Crazy Dragon-lover. D; Tetrahedron's Avatar

I really like snakes. Being a female, this can sometimes be considered unusual, but they're such beautiful animals! I just don't care much for the poisonous (to humans) ones because I don't want to risk getting venom in me. I also kind of find mice cute (especially pet mice) and I think most amphibians (especially frogs and newts) and reptiles are made of awesome. Insects, for the most part, are fine too. Especially Daddy Longlegs. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by imgoingtothemoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Look at this little cutie patootie <3
    Oh my goodness! He's so cute, wow, it's like the first spider (outside of a Joltik...but those don't quite count) that I would actually like for a pet. This is like the first spider I've really liked (I don't necessarily hate spiders other than black widows, rather neutral) other than tarantulas. I guess I just really like fuzzy spiders, do you know of any more of these guys?

|Eon Graphics||Avy and sig by me|

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

I love reptiles and amphibians; one of my favorite things to do as a kid was raise tadpoles, and I think snakes are fun to hold.

DUCKS full stop. They're soooooo cuteee! I have two soft toy ducks sleeping with me and two soft toy ducklett lol.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrahedron View Post
    Oh my goodness! He's so cute, wow, it's like the first spider (outside of a Joltik...but those don't quite count) that I would actually like for a pet. This is like the first spider I've really liked (I don't necessarily hate spiders other than black widows, rather neutral) other than tarantulas. I guess I just really like fuzzy spiders, do you know of any more of these guys?
    It is not actually a spider, it is a moth. xD
    But now that you mentioned, it resembles a spider if you do not notice its big wings.

I am dying to have one as a pet.

Well I know a lot of them, if you find this one cute, you may want to look at this two pages:

Insects and spiders: Lovely Insects

Moths only: Wings and Things

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think snakes are kinda cool, though most people I know think they are scary or disgusting and that they should all die.

I forgot to mention snakes as another animal I like ;w; how could I

Attacus atlas female - YouTube

so some people want to kill this with fire :I
    seriously whats with the freak out from some people
    sure it huge but they are completely harmless

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast