DISCUSSION: May/Haruka as a companion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May/Haruka as a companion

Default Re: May/Haruka as a companion

She was a good character. I especially enjoyed her interacting with her friends Drew,Harley(not saying he was totally wanted) and Soledad where so fun. Weather Drew angering her cause thought was cute or standing up for May. May having girl time with Soledad or falling for Harley's half baked scheme etc. May bounced well with Ash and Brock as well as having realistic relationship with younger brother Max(not totally necessary but not horrible). I tried to hate her do to Misty being gone anger I couldn't hate May nor could Misty. May just has away about her that makes you like her.

He got a soul as sweet OfCorsola's Avatar
    Add OfCorsola on Facebook
    Follow OfCorsola on Tumblr Visit OfCorsola's Youtube Channel

She's my favorite companion, hands down. Lol jk you can think what you want but she's my favorite.
    She had spunk, that ditzyness, she was a realistic character. We got that clumsy side of her, that shy side of her, and even her romantic side. (Always saying how Ash never understood love)

She had great development, second best behind Dawn. She started out from not liking to Pokemon to absolutely loving them. Like later on when you hear May tell Combusken "I love you" you would never expect that because she didnt like Pokemon!

We also got to see how she grew over the episodes, and her battling skills were awesome. We started from "Torchic! Start Attacking!" to "Blakiken, mega kick!" and all that jazz. Her contests were really good too and she had that confidence even though she could be scared sometimes. That's what I like about her the best. And she was just ambitious.

Her interactions with Drew and Ash were awesome too. I mean, I ship her with both and she still seems like a perfect girl for both of them, because she treats them like she's always there for them and that she cares no matter what is the situation. that's what I love to see.

Her interactions with Max is realistic. I'm saying that because she's like me and my brother. They both bicker at times, Max always knows what he's doing and May always thinks she knows what she's doing and that's why she and Max made a perfect team.

I also like her attitude towards her rivals, because she sees good in each and one of them. Even Harley, she just has a good soul. She probably is willing to give everyone a chance.

May's appearance in DP was epic, awesome, and really showed that her battling skills were the same, if not even better. She totally took down her opponents except Dawn, obviously it was Dawn's arc.

I also love her design but I'm not a fan of her emerald look. She just should've stayed longer. And I know this isn't on topic, but I LOVED Veronica Taylor voicing her. It suited her age and matched her personality well too. Her JPN VA was pretty awesome too.

✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿

Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash (One Sided..for now;))

Credit

Blog Entries

I think May should come back in XY in her OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire outfit to promote the new games.

May is by far my favorite female companion, I love the fact that she evolved (no pun intended0 as a person and by the end very realistically grew up. i also loved how she helped Ash grow as a person, he got to teach someone how to battle and got to re experience the joy of pokemon (ha that was another unintended pun) throught the eyes of a new trainer who at first did not like pokemon. Its what made moments like them splitting the ribbon and especially when May and him both see HO-OH, really great.

also the fact that she is the reason we got Max is important as Ash constantly being lectured by or amazing Max was really nice to see. granted i did not love the contests but they successfully helped give her something to do that was not the Hoenn league or just sitting around.
    Overall I think she was a great companion and the show should definitely bring her back to market Omega ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

One of my favorite characters on this show, and IMO, one of the best developed characters. I mean we saw her grow from being someone who wouldn't give a flip about Pokemon, to someone who's whole passion is dedicated to them. From the very start she seemed like a good character, growing, maturing, etc. Her interactions were just so awesome with everybody, from Ash (the best interactions were between each other IMO), to Drew, to Max, etc. She was also a very realistic character, one who could exist in our world. When she returned in DP, it was the best cameo of any cast member IMO. I wish she could've stayed longer. I also loved her Pokemon too, her Blaziken is my favorite. Her design is also my favorite of all the female companions too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer
    Gotta give the credit card a break at some point.

She's the only female protagonist that I like! I really wish she would come back. She'll be so much better than Serena!

Quote Originally Posted by youkomazuki View Post
    She's the only female protagonist that I like! I really wish she would come back. She'll be so much better than Serena!
    I'd say let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say she'll be back because of the following:

1. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    2. Mega Blaziken
    3. Re-introduce Pokemon Contests

I think she was the best travel companion to Ash compared to the others. I liked her character development and looking back, those episodes where she was present were great ones as well. She has her good and not-so-good characteristics which I think made her a more believable character.

The more I think about it, the more I seem to think May and Dawn were the best companions of the series. May was pretty written well considering the ambition of her charaters and her role (as Misty's replacement). The contests are also a point towards her because it gave her her own journey, her own goals. a feat that was also repeated with Dawn (and hopefully Serena). Essentially may was likely the anime's first Deuterogonist and Dawn also served as such for the very same reasons.

It's certainly telling where the saga after DP didn't not make any attempt at a deuterogonist of the series and wound up apparently sucking.

As far as Chemistry goes I really like her interactions with Max, Jessie and Ash, for many of the reasons listed above

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12