I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Clemont/Citron as a companion

What are your opinions of him?
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: Clemont/Citron as a companion

I love him so far. He's currently my favorite of the XY companions.

There's not much I can about him since we're only at the beginning of the series, but so far I already find him to be better than the last two companions.

His desire to travel with Ash in order to improve his own confidence is really the most interesting reason to have a gym leader travel with him imo. I like that he has flaws in this area and with his inventing and doesn't come off as a Gary-Stu to me. I like how Ash seems to motivate him, specifically when he encouraged him to take his gym back. His interests and skills in inventing also come off as interesting to me, especially at such a young age. I also don't find his gag as annoying as Brock's and Cilan's were.

I like his interactions with the group. His relationship with Bonnie has been adorable so far. I love how Bonnie looks up to Clemont and that the two interact very well. May's interactions with Max were nice, but the one thing that annoyed me the most we how much Max picked on her. His interactions with Serena have also been good. Both of them seem to be the clever and intelligent members of the group, particularly displayed in episode 12. He and Ash already seem like brothers to me and, like I said, I like how Ash is the one who motivates Clemont in the times when he's in doubt.

And finally, he's so fricken adorable! I just love how cute this guy is! Anyway, overall, Clemont has quickly made his way to may favorite male companion and I eagerly awaiting what he's got in store for the future.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I love Clemont so far. He is a great character and her relationship with Bonnie is adorable.

My only problem with him is his ugly ass outfit, I mean come on writers, try a little at least.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

So far I like him as a character and a companion. The bond between him and Bonnie is very noticeable and cute to see. He deeply cares for her and worries about each and every thing that happens, showing a very compassionate side to him. He's also very funny, with his different machines and thing to try and help that explode. He's so enthusiastic about them that it's very amusing.

Follow PyroKinesis On Twitter

I'm getting the feeling that Clemont will accompany Ash through whatever the next region is. I mean, he has the perfect out clause; the robot taking care of his gym.

Remind you of any gym leaders you know from the first series?

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Clemont is currently the best XY character in my opinion. He has been developing from his very first appearance and so have his Pokémon. He has a funny gag that actually ends up helping in many cases and I love how his father is the Blaziken Mask. Clemont has received a decent amount of focus and what I love the most is that we still the gym battle between him and Ash to look forward to, which will surely be great. Clemont's goal might be more subtle, but it works really well for his character.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So far, he's pretty cool. Unique from the mentor-like status we were used to with Brock and Cilan, Clemont looks up to Ash, which I really like. It's proving to be great to his character so far. Clemont also has a great relationship with Bonnie and the two are awesome to watch together. His embarrassment whenever she proposes to someone is priceless. All the talk about the future being now thanks to science isn't the coolest catchphrase, but it is always funny to see his inventions blow up soon after they are tested. It's also funny to watch him have so much trouble with physical activities. All in all, I'm very pleased with him and he's quickly becoming somewhat a favorite of mine.

From all Ash' companions, he's definitely high on my list. I like how he catches Dedenne for Bonnie so she can take care of it while being to young to catch one herself.
    Cilan and Brock were great too, but Clemont is a good replacement.

As for the girls, I'm just glad Iris is gone. Her remarks on Ash being "such a kid" was getting on my last nerve. Serena outclasses her by far.

Clemont is pretty awesome imo. I think he's the best thing about XY at the moment. His interactions with the rest of the group are good, he has gotten development and has been fairly active in the show (unlike Serena, unfortunately). I was expecting him to be the experienced mentor of the group like Cilan and Brock before him, but instead he looks up to Ash and learns from him which is more interesting. His running gags (which involve building inventions that end up exploding, and being slower than the rest of the group having to run to avoid being left behind) are actually not irritating or over used, which is great.

I also kind of hope he becomes more physically coordinated some time in the future, and develops a frequent workout routine. When he leaves the group in three years or so, he'll look like the hulk or something. Calling it now. 8D

Blog Entries

He's a great companion so far. He is more active in the group, his gag is funny, and his interactions with the rest of the group are interesting.