DISCUSSION: Bonnie/Eureka discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie/Eureka discussion

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Bonnie/Eureka discussion

There's no separate thread for Bonnie???

What are your views on her and do you think she's a good member of the cast?

Personally, YES. She's cute, friendly, and eager to learn. I'm glad she joined the group

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bonnie/Eureka discussion

I love Bonnie and am definitely glad that she is on the cast. obviously there isn't much to say about her since the show hasn't gone on for long, but I already find her very enjoyable and she is already one of my new favorite female characters. (Probably my 3rd favorite, but we'll see if that changes later) Though I dislike comparing her character in this manner, in terms of younger siblings on the cast, I also find her more favorable than Max.

She's been adorable since day one and her love of Pokémon and desire to take care of them is so sweet. I'm so glad that she'll be taking care of Dedenne and raising it until she can become a trainer herself, something Max never did. And while I do like Max, the fact that he had no Pokémon on a constant basis didn't really help his development in that area. I also really like that Bonnie is eager to battle with Dedenne and help out in certain situations.

In terms of personality, once again I love it. I love the way she and Clemont interact and have such a close bond. Once again, while I did like Max, I found his constant criticizing of May to get rather annoying. I like how Bonnie is proud of Clemont's inventing skills and reputation as a gym leader. It's sweet and makes me love both characters even more.

Also her pajamas, tho. Most adorable thing ever. But yeah, overall, I think Bonnie is an enjoyable character and I look forward to seeing what she does in the future.

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I really love Bonnie. The sense of innocence that her character has is so refreshing. I love the way she's interacted with the rest of the group so far and the individual relationships she's been building with the various Pokemon in their group. While it's still really early, I don't have any complaints about Bonnie so far. I look forward to seeing where the writers take her character throughout this series.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bonnie or as some may know her as Eureka is what i call crucial component of what keeps blonde brigade (Serena, Clemont and she herself)functioning well so far. She is irreplaceable and charming character being like "honey to milk" or "bread to butter" in bringing life and energy to Kalos main cast.

I like her curious nature wanting to be part of action instead of watching things from sideline despite not being trainer often referring battles, pushing others in saving pokemon or at times wanting to battle herself like its case with Dedenne. She has spirit and genuine enthusiasm often stealing spotlight from others, even Ash himself keeping atmosphere lively and full of comedy to follow. Bonnie appears as hyperactive child full of innocence and in essence good heart. She finds every pokemon interesting and valuable in its own way not making difference between small,cutesy ones or big, scary and robust ones acting like most children in her age probably would. With everything picking up her interest wanting to try herself in various activities(we can see that in wanting to groom pokemon herself or playing carefree in company of potentially dangerous pokemon like Espurr in that abandoned house). And thanks to that energy of hers lifts up other characters.

Whether we are talking about sweet and cute dynamic with Serena seeing in her older sister, someone she feels more secure to be in company around looking for protection. Having cute boinding moments in their girly talks or immitating others like TR motto or bugs in one of recent episodes when camping).

You can tell that friendship between those two had strong start growing very fast.

There is also her brother Clermont showing lot of pride and admiration for his various inventions, or trainer abilities he posess as gym leader with slight dash of criticism to not get ridged. Liking to bring him inadvertengly in trouble by trying to find proper wife for him( i guess she only wants best for him, but in endeavors get carried away :p) , but also looking for his protection and comfort when being freightened or anxious. One especially sweet moment i remember happened in episode when she got kidnapped by TR.

Ash shouldn't be left out either supporting him on his travels, important battles (such as vs Viola encouraging him to try his best) and lot of interest in his and various other pokemon. Even though sometime her overexcited nature gets her into trouble by being shocked or hit by other pokemon.

There is not much to say about Bonnie based on few episodes she was part of cast with this just being start of XY saga. There is still lot to be said about Bonnie background, her interest, possible insecurities and flaws she may have and to get insight in her full characterization and eventually her own dreams, what she thinks would be ideal lifepath to follow. Once she age up enough to become licensed pokemon trainer.

But from what it was revealed so far she is doing pretty good job in bringing tension, comedy and positive vibe into group with dashing nature of hers.

I only wish we get to see more dimension to her personality as story of Kalos starts unfolding out and extra depth. Along with sometime participating in battles and learning new tricks to imbue her with more knowledge and experience which would give her nice start once she becomes trainer. To make her feel more realistic and sympathetic to follow thanks to new sides and development of characterization enriching on her personality and making it feel like she grew and that all those experiences and journey left influence on character molding it abit. Because thats desierable to prevent stagnation or bring in danger character becoming too linear and monotone in case there isn't more added to him.

This is just precaution from my side, because currently i like her character and just like Max she is doing good job in foiling her brother Clemont and other characters. But in more vibrant way getting passable grade in my book so far.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 10th February 2014 at 04:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132
    I only wish we get to see more dimension to her personality as story of Kalos starts unfolding out and extra depth. Along with sometime participating in battles and learning new tricks to imbue her with more knowledge and experience which would give her nice start once she becomes trainer. To make her feel more realistic and sympathetic to follow thanks to new sides and development of characterization enriching on her personality and making it feel like she grew and that all those experiences and journey left influence on character molding it abit. Because thats desierable to prevent stagnation or bring in danger character becoming too linear and monotone in case there isn't more added to him.
    Does she really need any of that in this context, though?

The girl is only seven or eight years old. At that age, you expect a child to be rather simplistic and innocent, unless they've been placed in an environment that's forced them to grow up quickly. Pokemon clearly isn't that sort of environment, so Bonnie doesn't need to have a developed personality or backstory. She can stay the way she is throughout the whole show, so long as she fulfils her purpose of adding flavour to the cast and being a catalyst for showing off facets of other characters' personalities, particularly Clement.

The development of kid characters tends to come simply from growing up, but the characters aren't allowed to grow up in this, so Bonnie will likely stay the same and there'll be a risk of people getting bored of her. Simple solution for that is to limit her exposure and give the occasional thing to do.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VTP-Dawkins93 View Post
    Does she really need any of that in this context, though?

The girl is only seven or eight years old. At that age, you expect a child to be rather simplistic and innocent, unless they've been placed in an environment that's forced them to grow up quickly. Pokemon clearly isn't that sort of environment, so Bonnie doesn't need to have a developed personality or backstory. She can stay the way she is throughout the whole show, so long as she fulfils her purpose of adding flavour to the cast and being a catalyst for showing off facets of other characters' personalities, particularly Clement.

The development of kid characters tends to come simply from growing up, but the characters aren't allowed to grow up in this, so Bonnie will likely stay the same and there'll be a risk of people getting bored of her. Simple solution for that is to limit her exposure and give the occasional thing to do.
    Yes and no. People attention is hard to keep for something even when you constantly introduce changes. Its in human nature to quickly become fed up with something making it all that challenging to keep thing interesting if certain character never changes, grows and learns on flaws as result of various tests and obstacles he is faced with on his journey.

Leading toward stagnation, danger of becoming one dimensional and generic in his interactions if his characterization never receiue expansion. My point is how Bonnie doesn't necessarily need to develop as person, but i would appreciate if we could find out more about her background with time. To learn new things about her, possible interests or fears from certain specie(which would be nice twist given how so far she seem to find every creature harmless and sweet). Or what kind of trainer she would like to become one day occasionally being engaged in real battles or some activities.

That kind of thing i felt Max lacked, because while just like Bonnie he complimented his sister May well and helped flesh out other characters in his interactions with them. He was hindered in being more active and contributive to overall plot due to lack of any pokemon and ways to use his knowledge and expertize to full potential.

Especially when with Bonnie that sort of issue is somewhat alleviated by having Dedenne which is technically hers too. Opening gates toward being more proactive and influencing on story as whole.

Most human protagonist went through somesort of character development with various events and unexpected situations leaving mark on them be it May, Misty, Brock etc(even Max in learning how books and theory isnt everything becoming more admiring of Ash abilities as trainer).
    So somesort of growth and digging more beneath surface of what was present from Bonnie character so far, or development on friendship with Serena bringing extra dimension to it would be appreciating in my opinion.

Its just a matter of preference really.
    Personally being able to care much more for character and keep interest if he gained something from his journey, learned new things, had his characterization better explored through born of new interests and sides which develop thanks to new situations and challenges he gets faced with, along with gaining better picture of someone origins. Who he/she is and what defines them.

Like i said this shouldnt be mistaken with me expecting or wanting that Bonnie goes through some big character development, struggles and introspection of his motives. Nor is something like that necessary from someone as young like she is. On contrair with Bonnie current role, enthusiasm and lively dynamic with other main protagonists being more than satisfying.

But abit more exploration over her personality, past, affinities toward battles, pokemon and world as whole soaking new knowledge(like kids usually do)filling her with cognition on how certain things function and experience would be rewarding both for character. In sense of serving as stepping stone in having already wind in back and accumulated knowledge not starting career of trainer completely inexperienced and clueless after she becomes older. But viewer as well making her feel more felatable and enjoyable to follow.

At least to me, hence why i brought that up in my post once writers start diving deeper in Kalos region.

Follow King Fissamé On Twitter

She is so adorable and her Dedenne, it makes me not hate Dedenne aymore
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic75427_4.gif

Blog Entries

I love Bonnie. She may be my favorite member of the XY cast so far. She's so cute, so funny, such a joy to the main cast. Finally, a little kid character who gives off the essence of a child that isn't a COTD. This makes for some cute moments, like pouting before devouring an entire piece of cake in one bite and falling asleep while cheering. Her proposal gag is also hilarious and gives some insight into Bonnie's maturity as well as her care for her brother.

She's also...well...I don't know what word would be used to describe this accurately. Tomboy doesn't seem quite fitting. Where I'm going with this is that she isn't a very feminine child which is FANTASTIC. She seems eager to battle and to learn about/care for Pokemon and wears Tyrantrum pajamas. She's also quick to jump into action to help her friends despite her age. Best of all, she finds Pokemon even I find unattractive to be adorable. That's simply precious! Compared to Max, she triumphs in every category and I'm really enjoying her.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

She's not as annoying as they could've made her.

She's a fun character with great interactions with the rest of the group. I don't have any complaints. ^^

She's a cute and fun character and she has great interactions with the group.

Bonnie fills the same void as Max does. Just a little kid who tags around the group and doesn't exactly serve much of a purpose other than being there. I'm not exactly a fan of Max as is, so you'd think I'd feel the same way about Bonnie.

I don't. And there's three main reasons.

First of all, I always felt Max was trying too hard to be an adult. Bonnie doesn't do this. She's still a child and she doesn't pretend to be otherwise.

Secondly, the bond between her and Clemont is so much more believable than Max and May. I know the latter had their moments, but they kinda felt a bit too distant sometimes. Not so for Bonnie and Clemont. Their interactions always make me smile, how much they care for each other, their constant disagreements....it almost feels like a real brother and sister. I also like her interactions with Serena too.

Thirdly, and this is the important one....SHE'S FRICKIN' ADORABLE!! Just about everything she does is just so "Aww" worthy. Her pouts are so cute. The way her eyes sparkle when she's happy. She wears Tyrantrum pajamas, for pete's sake!

So, yeah, Bonnie may have limited purpose, but that doesn't matter. I like her. X3

Bonnie is so cute. I love her so much. She gives me warm fuzzy feeling all over. All I have to say regarding Bonnie oh my what Cutie.

Erm...well, I guess she's cute and all, but to be honest I don't really see the point of having her in the anime. She kind of just fill in the empty spot Brock's gag left behind.

I'm quite fond of Bonnie. Her relationship with Clemont and how she's always asking women to marry him are funny. Having four in the main group again is a nice change of pace, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast