Worst Isshu Gym Battle - Page 3

View Poll Results: Worst Isshu Gym Battle?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Striaton Trio

0 0%
  • Lenora

2 5.00%
  • Arty

4 10.00%
  • Elesa

24 60.00%
  • Clay

0 0%
  • Skyla

2 5.00%
  • Brycen

1 2.50%
  • Hmoika

7 17.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Isshu Gym Battle

Default Re: Worst Isshu Gym Battle

True, thanks for clearing that up for me and this was JUST A HORRIBLE GYM BATTLE AND EPISODE TO ME AT LEAST.

Well first of all, I'm going to accept that Ash has been reset and will only utilise Unova skills and nothing from previous adventures.

Elesa's battle was pretty embarrassing because Ash was a bigger idiot than ever. Why did he leave all of his Pokémon at the Pokémon Center? Since when does he ever travel around with just one Poké Ball? The battle started off good - Palpitoad is exactly the kind of Pokémon you'd use to sweep an electric type gym. But when it fainted, everything went to ****. For some reason Ash didn't have a third Pokémon planned, repeating the same mistake again, and then he forgot simple facts like Snivy's gender. Then he literally says "screw strategy", which takes him about as far away from DP Ash as possible, and Pikachu goes through the typical BS "takes loads of damage then one-shots the enemy."

Do I really need to explain Roxie? Ash did start to get relatively good at gym battles with Skyla, Clay and Brycen, but then it just takes 3 Pokémon to knock out 5 of Ash's. The only other person who could do anything like that before was Tobias...the Sinnoh League Champion...this is just a gym leader.

The Elesa I could not STAND AT ALL because Ash was just a total Noob here and the part with Iris, Cilan, Pikachu, And Axew fall over because Attract had failed I thought was pretty funny I think. But really a bad Gym Battle. And the only good thing was Palpitoad who did good but lost to Emolga and was tired who should have been switched out and got some rest here.

Bump in (dis)honor of BW's impending end.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Blog Entries

Elesa over 9000 times~ I could go on a rant about this, but I see no reason to, as the fact that this battle has the most votes seems to speak for itself.

Blog Entries

Its so hard because every last one of them was terrible.

But I would have to give it to elesa because ash blatantly cheated and went OOC by leaving mijumaru at home.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

At least Roxie had reason to be depicted as an overly powerful gym leader - no matter how you look at it, it is plain obvious they chose her as Ash's last gym battle to promote Black2 and White2, which were released almost immediately afterwards. The gym battle may have been nonsense - but it was exciting, and served its purpose to hype people. I found it interesting anyways.

Marlon, on the other hand, was sacrificed for Cameron. What kind of gym battle was that

EDIT: Whoops! Ash didn't battle Marlon...but it was still one of the worst gym battles anyways...

My worst pick would be Elesa and stupid Ash bringing only Palpitoad to battle
    Last edited by Kyriaki; 26th August 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I say Roxie. I liked parts of that battle(every part involving Koffing). And I liked that the writers chose to use the reserves instead of Oshawott/Snivy/Krokorok/Scraggy. But making it a six on three makes Ash look weak. And most of the reserves was thrashed and of them only Leavanny got a win. But Unfezant, Boldore and Palpitoad is just fodder. Pignite and Pikachu getting wins was just bad as they already has so many wins and was going to get even more. Pikachu winning with Static also sucks. No it was the worst of them.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    At least Roxie had reason to be depicted as an overly powerful gym leader - no matter how you look at it, it is plain obvious they chose her as Ash's last gym battle to promote Black2 and White2, which were released almost immediately afterwards. The gym battle may have been nonsense - but it was exciting, and served its purpose to hype people. I found it interesting anyways.

Marlon, on the other hand, was sacrificed for Cameron. What kind of gym battle was that

EDIT: Whoops! Ash didn't battle Marlon...but it was still one of the worst gym battles anyways...
    Good point. Poor Homika debuted BEFORE her game(s) came out. What's more, in B2W2, she's the second Gym Leader, meaning Ash's last badge challenge had him against someone game players deal with rather early. How do have an early GL be tough enough to be the last one without it looking bad?

You don't

I think it would've been more practical to have Ash battle Marlon, who IS Gym Leader #8 in B2W2. Unfortunately, Homika had an absurd amount of hype on her side ("OMG, a Gym Leader who's a rock star!")...

Last edited by SammyW27; 18th November 2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to go with the Skyla battle. I know, I know: Silvy, WTF?! But hear me out.

I expect Ash to do at least one boneheadly stupidass thing in each episode. To put it in the words of my husband, "Honey, Ash. Is. A. MORON!"* If he doesn't do something completely stupid, he's not Ash. (Seriously, how can he not see through those horrible disguises of TR? And why does he keep acting surprised when they freaking reveal themselves? GAH!) But I DO NOT expect a GL to act like a complete and total airheaded idiot. The entire, "Oh, like let me see your team and like, we'll see who wins, like in my imagination because, like I'm too bizz-ah for a real battle" thing was awful. Poor Prime was watching with me and he admitted that this ep brought Skyla down in his eyes. The set-up was bad, the fact that Cilan lost to her was bad and having Ash finally knock some damned sense into was about the only positive in this trainwreck. If I ever get BW on DVD, I will make certain to skip Skyla's Gym, as it just left a sour taste in my mouth.

I won't watch Elesa's battle just in principal; the less I see of Emolga, the better.

*This was in reference to my reaction when Ash scanned Koffing during the battle with Roxie. When I groaned and facepalmed, Prime said those immortal words and it all made perfect sense.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123