CONTEST: Which was worse; Paul losing to Brandon or when Trip lost his respect for Alder? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who got hurt the most?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul

21 61.76%
  • Trip

11 32.35%
  • Both got equally hurt

2 5.88%
  • Can't decide

2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Which was worse; Paul losing to Brandon or when Trip lost his respect for Alder?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Which was worse; Paul losing to Brandon or when Trip lost his respect for Alder?

Trip idolized someone famous and assumed that person would be like whatever his fantasies told him. He ASSUMED Alder to be like what he wanted, but got disappointed when Alder wasn't what he thought. Trip's just being shallow and assuming again that Alder is just a disappointment.
    If I remember, a similar thing happened back in the Original Series, in an episode when Brock and Ash were more than dying to learn something from Elite4 Bruno. They did everything Bruno told them to, and when all their efforts were just to feed him, they were quite disappointed. I think it was because they expected a special kind of training or tips on battle from him but he was acting a bit stupid... However, after they saw Bruno's natural powers in controlling pokemon, they regained their respect. I guess Trip would change his mind once he gets to know Alder better.
    And yeah, he needs to grow up. Alder's way too busy to remember every single promise he made to every single trainer. Trip's being a kid. (well, he is)

In the case of Paul, Brandon was someone who defeated his 'idolized' brother (I don't know if Paul idolized Reggie, but it seems to me he had a lot of respect for him before his journey). Brandon is also someone who lost to Ash. ASH, who Paul always looked down on. Paul losing to Brandon - the moment of loss - would have been a big blow to him because it means he couldn't win someone Ash won to. AND assuming Paul wanted to prove himself to his brother that he could beat someone that defeated Reggie, it would be quite a shocking loss.

I choose Paul because if I were in both situations, I'd totally cry and scream my lungs out in Paul's shoes.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which was worse; Paul losing to Brandon or when Trip lost his respect for Alder?

It would have been Trip if the storyline was executed well.

Trip's was done well. It's just that he didn't have to battle Adeku just to make it well like Paul was. I rather not see him lose so badly. We already saw Ash battle hi. Trip doing it would have still been a fail rather he was battling seriously or not. But to answer the question, Adeku really made him lose all of hi respect for him. I don't think Paul lost his respect for Brandon just because he lost.

It was Paul. I cannot even feel ANY sympathy or interest in Trip whatsoever. The guy just pisses me off. He wishes he was as awesome as Paul, but instead, he's so out of times and annoying, he should be in Pokemon Snap with his stupid webcam where he belongs!

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

I think that it's Shinji is pretty clear, to be honest.

I could talk about how the build up and writing was so much better but in all honestly that simply isn't nessecary since even looking that the episodes that each event happened alone shows that Shinji had the more pitiable event. What proves this particually well is that within Shinji's episode he discovers that the trainer he thought nothing of had defeated Jindai. This bares far more of a likeness to Shuuti's event since for a while made Jindai look weak. However, it's more resonant since Reiji had lost to Jindai in the past. This alone is enough to make Shinji's lose to Jindai leave him confused and hurt. Shinji also has a clear emotional ride throughout this battle and it obviously effected him deeply. Shuuti's just took the idea on a very 'basic' level by comparison.

Of course with the rest of the series put in, Shinji's story is even more clearly powerful. We know that he's defeated Satoshi many times, how stotic he is and many other things. With Shuuti on the other hand, people were saying 'who doesn't admire the champion of the region.'
    Last edited by Madame Pika; 28th December 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: forgot a line
    Shinneth and Trainer Yusuf like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12