CONTEST: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who had better arguments with Ash?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

45 83.33%
  • Iris

3 5.56%
  • I don't like any arguments with Ash

6 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The Ash/Iris arguments are more subdued than Ash/Misty, but that's only because Misty was a more aggressive and "loud" character at the beginning.

Also, Iris doesn't really have a temper, so I guess that's why her arguments don't really feel like "arguments" to most people. She's more of a...mocker I guess?

I suppose Ash/Misty's was more entertaining, even if they died down in Johto.
    It didnt died down at all,they just argued less compared to Kanto days.Which is understandable because both Ash and Misty started to mature becoming more tolerant toward their differences.Loud arguing in Johto changed more in mocking and playful teasing with Ash usually answering back to provocations being enjoyable because you had two way interacting.However that not to say they never argued in Johto as well because there still existed tension and competitive fire between two which can be noticed in several episodes("Like when battling for Totodile,in episode about Zapdos,when entering Whirl Cup,in Fortune Hunters etc).

On of main reasons why i enjoyed more in Ash and Misty arguments is exactly because of arguing not being one-way with Ash actually paying attention to Misty provocations and arguments replying back with his own which contributed toward healthy and fun dynamic between characters.With Iris she tends to tease and be cynical like Misty did but it happens in more subtle manner with main problem being Ash indifference toward it most of time not creating same type of conflict and tension like arguing between Misty and Ash manage to accomplish.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it really isn't a contest by any stretch of the imagination. And while I'm not really keen on either's interactions with Ash, the ones with Misty have the merit of actually being reciprocated. It actually makes me wonder why they even bother having Iris make jabs at Ash when he doesn't respond to them at all; all this does is make Iris look bad. Personal feelings on Misty aside, though she wasn't always justified to give Ash flak, there was at least foundation set for it. If a dude stole my bike, totaled it, and then dragged me into an area teeming with things that repulsed me, I'd be bitter as hell and troll that guy however way I could as revenge... especially if the guy was a legitimate dimwit and practically begged to be trolled for certain antics.

So not only were the Ash/Misty interactions legitimate arguments and infinitely more entertaining, but they were also within sensible grasp. Plus it's more of an even field with those two; Misty wasn't made out to be a super-special snowflake who was way out of Ash's league, so the arguments weren't heinously one-sided. Hell, even if Misty went Iris' culturally-insensitive route and berated Ash for not knowing things about Kanto (I don't recall her doing so... not to a notable extent, anyway), it would be a bit more easy to comprehend because Kanto is Ash's freaking home region and he ought to know at least a few basic things about it. Not knowing about type logic, moves, or Pokemon would've been more understandable because Ash was brand new at this in Misty's time and thus there was reason to pick on him because he was a stupid newbie; there's just no common sense in mocking Ash for not knowing a region he's not native to and is far, far away from him, it's pretty nitpicky to mock him for not knowing about Gen V moves since they're literally never seen elsewhere, and the type logic thing is just a bad writing decision since it's not consistent with Ash's character, so that's a matter of flubbing continuity all for the sake of letting Iris have an opening to mock him that is on the whole inconsequential because nothing ever comes of it.

Really, the majority of Iris' and Ash's banter is a consequence of skewed continuity or a complete lack of common sense in instigating a conflict that'll last all of five seconds. They didn't have to go through all this with Misty because for the most part, the catalysts to the impending argument were within the grasp of common sense, didn't compromise continuity, and wasn't a complete waste of time. Especially with all the posts that explained this better than me, there's hardly a need to go into this much detail to articulate precisely why Misty and Ash had superior arguments, but I figured this would be more worthwhile than some cheaply-done "ditto per all" reply.

At the end of the day, Paul trumps them both anyway. So does Gary, for that matter.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash and Iris don't argue, so my vote obviously goes to Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Ash and Iris don't argue, so my vote obviously goes to Misty.
    And what do you mean by that?

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iris calls Ash a kid; Ash pays no attention to it. Whereas when Misty was around, Ash would usually defend himself. Ash and Iris never argue to the extent that him and Misty did.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I don't want any of the girls arguing with Ash. Dawn hadn't had an argument with Ash and yet she just got along fine.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I don't want any of the girls arguing with Ash. Dawn hadn't had an argument with Ash and yet she just got along fine.
    Ash and Dawn actually did argue. Not nearly as much as he did with Misty and it didn't take center focus for the most part, but they still argued every once in awhile. The main ones I can remember at the moment were when Dawn messed up catching a Buneary in the fourth episode of DP and when they were blaming each other for Pachirisu getting sick.

Anyway, I'm going to go with Misty since they actually had arguments. Whenever Misty got upset or insulted Ash, it actually affected him to the point of getting angry at her back to defend himself. With Iris, he usually just shrugs off being called a kid, so it isn't so much of an argument if it's only a one-sided and hypocritical insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Ash and Dawn actually did argue. Not nearly as much as he did with Misty and it didn't take center focus for the most part, but they still argued every once in awhile. The main ones I can remember at the moment were when Dawn messed up catching a Buneary in the fourth episode of DP and when they were blaming each other for Pachirisu getting sick.

Anyway, I'm going to go with Misty since they actually had arguments. Whenever Misty got upset or insulted Ash, it actually affected him to the point of getting angry at her back to defend himself. With Iris, he usually just shrugs off being called a kid, so it isn't so much of an argument if it's only a one-sided and hypocritical insult.
    If I remember May did as well but I wouldn't compare Dawn's and May's to the others. Ash seems to ignore Iris alot and doesn't really argue back so I don't really consider them arguing. Him and Misty had real arguments that went both ways.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 26th September 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Misty, obviously. Misty and Ash always got into petty arguments that were fun to watch. When it comes to Iris, Ash just brushes Iris' comments about him off - there's no angry response. However, Ash usually puts up a fight with Misty whenever Misty provokes him.

Blog Entries

Wait, what?

Except from maybe the beginning of BW03, did Iris and Ash really have any arguments? It was just always Iris calling Ash a kid, and he could go like ''What?!'', and then it was pretty much over.

My vote definitely goes to Misty, but that doesn't mean that I really enjoyed their arguing.

Blog Entries

MISTY!
    Get your game on!

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Misty because she had a wider vocabulary than just "little kid/child" (Ash shouldn't even waste his time arguing back with Iris...)

Blog Entries

The Ash/Misty arguments had good back-and-forth snarking, along with a healthy dose of originality. Case-in-point:

Misty: Your sense of direction's so bad, you couldn't find yourself in a mirror!
    Ash: Well, you crack mirrors!

Ash/Iris rarely goes beyond Iris saying "What a kid!" and Ash either not noticing or not caring.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Misty obviously, Ash has matured past acting like that and he just shrugs off Iris's kid comments usually. There have been some responses at times like in the Sandile episode or when Hawes said "You kids sure are courageous." and Iris is all "Actually, he's the only kid." and they all share a laugh. They never really argue much at all to be honest, Iris's comments at Cilan are usually more entertaining and invoke a more amusing reaction. I actually think 4kids had more to do with Ash and Misty's arguments being so fun for me. They would really throw in amusing comments and dialogue, so my vote goes to Misty.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 22nd May 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money marioluigifan05's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow marioluigifan05 On Twitter Add marioluigifan05 on Facebook Add marioluigifan05 on Google+ Add marioluigifan05 on MySpace
    Add marioluigifan05 on Linkedin Follow marioluigifan05 on Tumblr Follow marioluigifan05 on Flickr Visit marioluigifan05's Youtube Channel

I prefer Misty, but voted Iris by accident (can someone move my vote?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast